PDA

View Full Version : Where is the PS3 excitement?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Droid6
11-17-06, 11:58 AM
I was expected this board to be riddled with post about how great the PS3 is today but nothing so far?

OWA
11-17-06, 12:03 PM
Have you checked most of the PS3 threads here? It's thread-crap city so it's kind of pointless to try to discuss it.

dsessom
11-17-06, 12:07 PM
I played the PS3 last night and own an Xbox360. Honestly, they are about the same as far as game play, and graphics.
Most everyone now agrees that Blu-Ray will likely lose out to the HD-DVD format. So after actually playing with one, I am not impressed. Definitely doesn't live up to all the hype. Just my $0.02...

hirantha
11-17-06, 12:08 PM
how can you be so excited when they only sell 400K at first and about 50% of that is going on ebay for price no one can afford.

Droid6
11-17-06, 12:11 PM
I know somebody on here has one, I justed wanted to know what they thought.

mike686
11-17-06, 12:11 PM
It's basically a G71 right?

Bearclaw
11-17-06, 12:27 PM
It's basically a G71 right?
Haha, ya. It's alreayd outdated. Sad...

toxikneedle
11-17-06, 12:28 PM
All the excitement is on ebay right now

nekrosoft13
11-17-06, 12:30 PM
wasn't it based on G70?

there is nothing to be excited about, sony is late to the party.

|MaguS|
11-17-06, 12:34 PM
Have you checked most of the PS3 threads here? It's thread-crap city so it's kind of pointless to try to discuss it.

Basically why I stopped posting... can't discuss anything without the usual band showing up... Im enjoying mine, I put 2 hours into Resistance already, Would I say its better then the X360? Hardware look and feel, yes... games, no...

nemecb
11-17-06, 01:19 PM
Nobody actually has one. The launch was a myth.

(yes, I saw your post Magus, I'm just kidding:)).

evilchris
11-17-06, 01:41 PM
Hardware look and feel
rofl

Bearclaw
11-17-06, 01:54 PM
Nobody actually has one. The launch was a myth.

With the craziness of ebay, i doubt many of the original buyers actually do have them.

msxyz
11-17-06, 02:31 PM
Most of the people who purchased a PS3 are now putting it on e-bay, that's why nobody talks about the games... :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if more than half of the initial stock will end up being traded and resold.

Treason
11-17-06, 02:34 PM
Also I think the members of nvnews are a tad more mature (age-wise, disposable income) than your usual gaming community. Judging by the number and excitement of threads about the 8800, the RSX is pretty much old news and old tech to them.

Marvel_us
11-17-06, 02:40 PM

QFT. Hell that is evident in this thread.

zoomy942
11-17-06, 03:10 PM
good call. there isnt much noise here about it. ill be screaming from the rooftops once i get my nintendo wii. but the ps3 isnt worth all the buzz

DaveW
11-17-06, 03:10 PM
Yeah most of us here are primarily PC gamers. Most of us are into fps, rts, rpgs and sims - the types of games best suited to the PC. We tend not to get excited over yet another Mario or EA Sports title with slightly better graphics. The general masses do though... and PS3 is all over the news today. PS2 fans are blown away by the graphics because for many of them its the first time seeing a game with graphical features like anti-aliasing and HDR. Let them have their excitement.

hirantha
11-17-06, 03:15 PM
Yeah most of us here are primarily PC gamers. Most of us are into fps, rts, rpgs and sims - the types of games best suited to the PC. We tend not to get excited over yet another Mario or EA Sports title with slightly better graphics. The general masses do though... and PS3 is all over the news today. PS2 fans are blown away by the graphics because for many of them its the first time seeing a game with graphical features like anti-aliasing and HDR. Let them have their excitement.

hahaha so true!! they havent seen what our hardware can do :D

FCGD
11-17-06, 03:24 PM

wow, is there like a user++ option on these forums? this guy just hit the nail on the head. a very insightful post

evilchris
11-17-06, 03:29 PM

I have, and prefer my X360 over PC gaming.

Bearclaw
11-17-06, 03:30 PM
That's what makes me so angry.

The PS3 comes out today and every playstation fanboi will be screaming how awesome it is. Sure, it may have some unique features, but form a hardware perspective, it is ALREADY OUTDATED!!!

Oh well, that's why we do PC's and not consoles here. (nana2)

evilchris
11-17-06, 03:31 PM
That's what makes me so angry.

The PS3 comes out today and every playstation fanboi will be screaming how awesome it is. Sure, it may have some unique features, but form a hardware perspective, it is ALREADY OUTDATED!!!

Oh well, that's why we do PC's and not consoles here. (nana2)
Why the hell are you in the console forum?

BTW I'd love to see your leet 7600GT run Gears of War for PC at the same quality/framerate as my X360. Good luck.

What you l33t pC gAMEAREs don't realize is some people prefer consoles if said person thinks they have better games. I can count on 1 hand the amount of PC titles that have interested me in the past year, yet since the X360 launch I have purchased 21 games. I know, I'm too poor to buy a good gaming PC. lol

mike686
11-17-06, 03:33 PM
I'm sure there will be plenty of good games for the PS3 in a year or two, but until then it's sort of pointless in buying it.

evilchris
11-17-06, 03:38 PM

BTW post a pic of your "gaming setup". The whole thing including screen and sound system. I want to see if it looks to be as immersive as my 70" screen and sound system. I know that l33t pC gAMARS consider a 24" Dell widescreen a HUGE MONITOR, so I'm interested to see your setup.

Have you seen/heard what my hardware can do?