PDA

View Full Version : 8800GTX and return policy?

nekrosoft13
11-17-06, 01:15 PM
I'm getting a 8800GTX thru the step-up program, on monday i will send in my 7950gx2 back to EVGA. this would end up about 1-2 weeks with no card :| because of thanksgiving.

I was thinking about buying one(evga of course) today or tomorrow at Tiger Direct or Fry's keeping that card. when my evga step-up card arrives, i could return that back to the store.

Does anyone know if evga will send in brand new card in unopened box?

What tigerdirect and fry's return policy? does tiger or fry enter in the serial number when you buy the card? do they check the serial number when you return the product?

|MaguS|
11-17-06, 01:16 PM
All hardware sellers I know check the serial as for the return policy, most places right now have an exchange only policy for the new cards but why not actually go to the websites and read their policy...

J-Mag
11-17-06, 01:17 PM
Fry's is usually pretty good about taking anything back as long as it has all the original components and is in good condition. I bought two 8800GTXs on launch and then had buyers remorse for one of them... SO I just went back and exchanged it for a refund.

Jasonx82
11-17-06, 01:25 PM
I'm getting a 8800GTX thru the step-up program, on monday i will send in my 7950gx2 back to EVGA. this would end up about 1-2 weeks with no card :| because of thanksgiving.

I was thinking about buying one(evga of course) today or tomorrow at Tiger Direct or Fry's keeping that card. when my evga step-up card arrives, i could return that back to the store.

Does anyone know if evga will send in brand new card in unopened box?

What tigerdirect and fry's return policy? does tiger or fry enter in the serial number when you buy the card? do they check the serial number when you return the product?

Doesnt that mean the next poor sap who buys that specific step up card you returned, Wont have step up eligibility without going through a hassle trying to figure out why?

And Yes i just got my step up card from EVGA. Its brand new retail packaged in shrink wrap. I know newegg checks serial number.

nekrosoft13
11-17-06, 01:32 PM
All hardware sellers I know check the serial as for the return policy, most places right now have an exchange only policy for the new cards but why not actually go to the websites and read their policy...

because tiger direct and fry retail stores have slightly different policy then their online stores

SLippe
11-17-06, 08:09 PM
Why not buy a card locally to just get you by until your eVGA card arrives then take back the locally bought card? I did that when I had a motherboard RMA with eVGA. I bought a mobo from a local retailer (name withheld) and used it for a week until my new eVGA mobo arrived. *shrugs* Just a suggestion.