PDA

View Full Version : hooking 8800GTX to Plasma TV

OrangeBlast
11-17-06, 08:19 PM
Well I was bored...and decided to hook my 8800GTX to my new 62 inch Panasonic Plasma....and DAMN....FEAR looks incredible. I was playing at the full 1080i...not P...i wish. But anywho...

only issue is this: No watter what aspect ratio or resolution I set my TV/computer to...I always have about 1/2 inch cut off all around the screen.

is there a way to fix that? I could go all the way down to 800x600 and still the edges would be cut. I've tried 4:5 ratio...FULL...ZOOM....blah blah..etc...I use Full when watching TV.....but still doesn't fix my desktop's edges being cut on my sweet tv.

I tried the program in NV CP regarding the resizing of the screen on a TV...but no good...It does exactly what I'd want it to do...but when I hit OK and apply...nothing has changed. The edges remain cut.

Ancient
11-17-06, 10:11 PM
Well I was bored...and decided to hook my 8800GTX to my new 62 inch Panasonic Plasma....and DAMN....FEAR looks incredible. I was playing at the full 1080i...not P...i wish. But anywho...

only issue is this: No watter what aspect ratio or resolution I set my TV/computer to...I always have about 1/2 inch cut off all around the screen.

is there a way to fix that? I could go all the way down to 800x600 and still the edges would be cut. I've tried 4:5 ratio...FULL...ZOOM....blah blah..etc...I use Full when watching TV.....but still doesn't fix my desktop's edges being cut on my sweet tv.

I tried the program in NV CP regarding the resizing of the screen on a TV...but no good...It does exactly what I'd want it to do...but when I hit OK and apply...nothing has changed. The edges remain cut.
Others have been having a problem with 8800s and HDTV output as well. The overscan/underscan settings aren't working properly yet. It may take a driver iteration or three to address the problem.

avesta
11-18-06, 09:26 AM
off topic but how much did the 62 inch plasma set you back

OrangeBlast
11-18-06, 03:00 PM
Good question, I think i scored it for 2,500 or so.....I work for a major retail chain and well....the benefit of getting things at cost price is great!

I never quite understood what HD gaming was until I hooked up my computer to the plasma...all I can say is....wholly ****. My HT AVR cables come in soon so I can get my full JBL Yamaha surround HT system hooked to my ELite Pro.

can't wait!

avesta
11-18-06, 03:51 PM
That's an amazing deal. Don't those 62 inch plasmas go for like 10k?

OrangeBlast
11-18-06, 04:18 PM
well it depends on the size, company and model. Mine retails for about 5000+ so yea, I got 50% off which is great. some for 10,000 bux but the pixels are much finer and they can probably do 1080P. the latest and greatest will cost you as I'm sure we all know.

hirantha
11-19-06, 10:18 AM
damn you guys at least have a 8800 play with, and i'm still waiting for my card from eVGA:(

lowdownshame
11-19-06, 12:45 PM

i too believe its a driver issue cause i remember when i was using driver v91.47 with my 7900gtx, everything looked perfect on my 56" samsung dlp (desktop/games/movies) -- now with v97.02 the cut-off edges return and im unable to correct it.