PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new speakers (maybe new soundcard)

AirtelGuy
11-18-06, 09:13 AM
Now I have some old logitech 2.1 x220, Im looking into buying some new speakers because these are going to another room in the house.

I dont want to spend too much, I thought about maybe buying a 5.1 set but I dont know if im really going to benefit of it (I mostly play games, listen to music, a little movies), and it seems a mess to put them in my room with all the wires.

some speakers I had in mind: logitech X230, creative i-trigue 3200, logitech Z4, a 2.1 altec laising in a decent price (you will have to recommend me [= )...

so please give me some advice on this and if I should go for a 5.1 set.

btw, I have an LG L204WT mointor and its silver - so it would be extra nice that the speakers will look good with the monitor :)

now, I have a dfi lanparty nf4 ultra-d with an onboard soundcard, but I heard that the creative XFI series is amazing and the diffrence is really noticable so I thought about buying a soundcard too, now what should I get? I dont think I need the pricy ones that cost 180$, I saw some in the 90$ area - what do you recommend for gaming and listening to music, a little movies..?

hirantha
11-18-06, 09:48 AM
if you are a gamer you better use a 5.1 to get the full benefit from the sound quality the game has to offer

and Logitech has a 5.1 speaker system wireless.

AirtelGuy
11-18-06, 09:58 AM
wireless? really? it probally costs like **** \=

hirantha
11-18-06, 10:08 AM
its Z-5500 Speakers Digital 505W do a little search and make sure it doesnt use wires.. and its around $224

do a google search for wireless speakers

AirtelGuy
11-18-06, 10:36 AM
thats too much for me \=

but now when I think about it maybe I can handle the wires in a normal 5.1 set.

so please recommend me some sets.

CaptNKILL
11-18-06, 01:25 PM
its Z-5500 Speakers Digital 505W do a little search and make sure it doesnt use wires.. and its around $224

do a google search for wireless speakers
Z-5500 is wired. There are no "wireless" PC speakers as far as I know.

The Z-5450 has "wireless" rear speakers but they still need to be plugged into the wall... so they really aren't wireless at all.

The Z5500 are one of the best PC systems you can buy, but if they're too expensive, I've heard that the Z5300 is good too:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121121

AirtelGuy
11-18-06, 03:27 PM
mmm where I live the z5300 is too pricy, the x530 are in my price range and the reviews seems great... what do you say about getting it?

and what about a soundcard? I thought about getting a xfi xtremegamer or xtreme music, will it be good with logitech x530? and whats the diffrence between the music\gamer?

CaptNKILL
11-18-06, 03:32 PM
mmm where I live the z5300 is too pricy, the x530 are in my price range and the reviews seems great... what do you say about getting it?

and what about a soundcard? I thought about getting a xfi xtremegamer or xtreme music, will it be good with logitech x530? and whats the diffrence between the music\gamer?
Yeah that'd probably be a decent setup. Just get the xtrememusic card. There really isnt any reason to go for any other models. The new low end models arent cheap enough and have less features, the higher end models are quite pricey and unless you get the top model ($300) they don't really offer much more.

My friend has the x530 speakers and they seem fine to me. They sound pretty decent for how tiny the speakers are. The sub packs a decent punch too.

AirtelGuy
11-18-06, 04:14 PM
when you say decent it makes be think they arent that good \=

I have a small room so volume wise I think those 5 speakers will make a hell of a sound :D

now I have logitech x210 - will I notice a big difference?