PDA

View Full Version : What the hell Creative is doing?

Pages : [1] 2

lukrad
11-18-06, 03:52 PM
Where are the drivers for Windows Vista? I don't want to install BETA crap.

crainger
11-18-06, 05:04 PM
Where is Windows Vista? Surely you don't want to install THAT beta crap?

einstein_314
11-18-06, 05:08 PM
:rofl

Be patient and wait for Vista to come out. nVidia is just as bad as creative right now...in fact possibly worse. At least my creative beta drivers work. nVidia is kinda slow on the SLI support...and tons of other stuff in their drivers. Hopefully within the next month we'll see some solid drivers from lots of companies now that Vista is RTM.

Stoneyguy
11-18-06, 05:44 PM

Perhaps he has tEh Pirate RTM!! (lee63)

Creative is actually on the ball, at least compared to where they were this time with XP.

CaptNKILL
11-18-06, 06:06 PM
(owned)

:rofl

tweaked
11-21-06, 01:41 AM
Perhaps he has tEh Pirate RTM!! (lee63)

Creative is actually on the ball, at least compared to where they were this time with XP.

OH GOD, or Windows2000. there lack of support for months after its release drove me freaking bat **** WTFBBQ!

they might even have a driver ready when Vista goes Retail. For Creative thats FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE!

stncttr908
11-21-06, 02:02 AM
How dare they not have drivers for my unreleased, potentially pirated OS! :D

crainger
11-21-06, 02:20 AM
:wonder:

TiKiMaN1
11-21-06, 02:45 AM
:wonder:

(rofl2) Fetch crainger you nearly make me fall off my chair with half of the things you say.:D

nekrosoft13
11-21-06, 07:59 AM

just gold (nana2)

SLippe
11-21-06, 08:53 PM
Exactly. All this bitchin' about drivers not being here for Vista is drivin' me nuts! STFU already.

skoprowski
11-21-06, 08:57 PM
I read that Vista does not support hardware acceleration of Directsound- apparently everything has to be ported to OpenAl in Vista. I guess it makes things a lot more difficult for hardware based sound solutions to redo their drivers.

nekrosoft13
11-21-06, 10:03 PM
I read that Vista does not support hardware acceleration of Directsound- apparently everything has to be ported to OpenAl in Vista. I guess it makes things a lot more difficult for hardware based sound solutions to redo their drivers.

thats correct, most companies need to start from scratch

xdaishanx
11-23-06, 12:58 PM

Yeah after all its so rare that someone who frequents a hardware board might actually work at a MSDN subscriber who can legally install it and use the final RTM builds -

What a bunch of freaks to assume anyone who has it and using it now is a pirate - its not that rare nowadays to work at a MSDN partner and have early access to these

So it IS out - official final build for those that have access to it - and its not out of hand to ask about drivers for an OS in such a state - so why "wait" and maybe just because some of you don't have access to it maybe you should stop and think that many do have LEGITIMATE access to it

Scunner
11-23-06, 01:14 PM
Yeah after all its so rare that someone who frequents a hardware board might actually work at a MSDN subscriber who can legally install it and use the final RTM builds -

... as long as you're installing it in a development/testing environment. The licence doesn't allow for usage in a production environment (the definition of which includes your home PC). Releasing the final versions of their OS allows us to develop and test against it... but then you could argue that we're ALL testing Vista, even when we install the retail build. :D

a12ctic
11-23-06, 01:20 PM
the only question i can think of is why are you using vista? until dx10 theres absolutly no reason, unless you like to use all your ram on stupid windows effects of course.

xdaishanx
11-23-06, 01:32 PM
... as long as you're installing it in a development/testing environment. The licence doesn't allow for usage in a production environment (the definition of which includes your home PC). Releasing the final versions of their OS allows us to develop and test against it... but then you could argue that we're ALL testing Vista, even when we install the retail build. :D

Been working for a MSDN partner since mid 90's and the not on your home PC is bunk - MS has confirmed several times that as long as we are withing our #limits using it at home on the engineers PC's is perfectly acceptable and within license - unless you are the one engineer in the world who never does any work on the home PC/laptop- it's not a % thing either - it doesn't have to be a PC/laptop dedicated 100% to work only -

The definition DOES not include home PC - I have personally over the years heard this and asked several MS reps and they said if you do ZERO work on it then technically it doesn't qualify but they have never heard of that either

And also I use all my PC's and laptops at both work and home for misc purposes at times -

So much to the chagrin of the "omfg u must be a pirate" crew on here - I legitimately use a RTM build of Vista and am hoping for both Creative and Nvidia drivers soon also -

(just getting tired of all the it's not out and you must be a pirate crap I see from all the kiddies on various forums everywhere on this particular topic )

xdaishanx
11-23-06, 01:35 PM
the only question i can think of is why are you using vista? until dx10 theres absolutly no reason, unless you like to use all your ram on stupid windows effects of course.

Possibly because I rather not wait till the last minute to learn all the ins and outs of it and be ahead of the curve -

I am sure one of our many clients will have it soon and shockingly enough we like to be ahead of the game - we internally run exchange 2007 and other various misc builds so we can actually have a clue of whats going on when they hit mass use

Also if you have the appropriate hardware you can make Vista quicker and more responsive than XP - it's a resource hog yes , but can make use of resources that XP cannot

The same drivel of XP is too bloated why not stick with 98/2000 was popular at XP launch also

Scunner
11-23-06, 01:37 PM
The definition DOES not include home PC - I have personally over the years heard this and asked several MS reps and they said if you do ZERO work on it then technically it doesn't qualify but they have never heard of that either

Different reps, different stories. We were told that under no exceptions should VS.NET, Vista, SQL etc. be installed on any machine other than our development boxes in the office.

Not that everyone listens... *cough*

a12ctic
11-23-06, 01:42 PM
Possibly because I rather not wait till the last minute to learn all the ins and outs of it and be ahead of the curve -

I am sure one of our many clients will have it soon and shockingly enough we like to be ahead of the game - we internally run exchange 2007 and other various misc builds so we can actually have a clue of whats going on when they hit mass use

Also if you have the appropriate hardware you can make Vista quicker and more responsive than XP - it's a resource hog yes , but can make use of resources that XP cannot

The same drivel of XP is too bloated why not stick with 98/2000 was popular at XP launch also
In's and out's? theres hardly anything new it could easily be learned front through back in a day or two...

xdaishanx
11-23-06, 01:49 PM
In's and out's? theres hardly anything new it could easily be learned front through back in a day or two...

Obviously an industry expert that does in real life these types of things....

So in a "day or two" you can test

18 different accounting packages
mutliple old and new versions of Autocad (and other packages in the industry)
and I can go on listing tons of other types but I think you get the point

Now combine those with multiple plotters to print to , ODBC connectors to squirrely "custom app" style databases that companies buy designed for them and so on and so on

And hardware issues in general -

If you truly think you can know everything you need to in a "day or two" either you dont work in the IT industry at all or you do and it's one of those companies we get paid to go in and "fix" what they did first

xdaishanx
11-23-06, 01:50 PM
Different reps, different stories. We were told that under no exceptions should VS.NET, Vista, SQL etc. be installed on any machine other than our development boxes in the office.

Not that everyone listens... *cough*

Oh agreed - nowadays though we have multiple laptops that are very high end and go back and forth so there's no way they actually expect that now anyway

a12ctic
11-23-06, 02:34 PM
Obviously an industry expert that does in real life these types of things....

So in a "day or two" you can test

18 different accounting packages
mutliple old and new versions of Autocad (and other packages in the industry)
and I can go on listing tons of other types but I think you get the point

Now combine those with multiple plotters to print to , ODBC connectors to squirrely "custom app" style databases that companies buy designed for them and so on and so on

And hardware issues in general -

If you truly think you can know everything you need to in a "day or two" either you dont work in the IT industry at all or you do and it's one of those companies we get paid to go in and "fix" what they did first
whats to test? did microsoft drop the compatability feature that lets you run apps in windows XP/2000/98 mode?

tweaked
11-23-06, 03:22 PM
whats to test? did microsoft drop the compatability feature that lets you run apps in windows XP/2000/98 mode?

:thumbdwn:

heres your sign.

einstein_314
11-23-06, 04:28 PM
No they haven't, but it doesn't work very well. I've tried running Solidworks 2006 in XP SP2 mode but it still won't work reliably. Autodesk Inventor 9/10/11 all won't even install because they don't recognize Vista as a valid operating system. If I run the installer in XP SP2 compatibility mode, it installs but then the program won't run. No matter what you do.

There are TONS of things that are different in Vista. It may not look like much, but they are enough to warrant spending time figuring them out.