PDA

View Full Version : Does ZipZoomFly charge tax???

malachi1313
11-19-06, 09:37 PM
I'm fixing to order my Core 2 setup and am debating between buying from Newegg or ZipZoomFly. I divied everything up at ZipZoomFly and it doesn't include tax in the shopping cart as of yet. Does it charge after you decide to buy?? Newegg shows the amount of tax and shipping prior to hitting the buy button. Anyone know for sure??
I'm getting:
E6600
2 Gigs Corsair XMS2 PC2 800
Evga 680i
8800 GTX

stevemedes
11-19-06, 09:38 PM
firstly, wrong forum
secondly, it depends on what state you live in whether a certain online retailer will charge you tax.

malachi1313
11-19-06, 09:52 PM
The reason I posted here is because most of the folks here would probably know . Sorry to the moderators.....I live in Tennessee so I'm still wondering.

Bearclaw
11-19-06, 09:57 PM
If the etailer is actually present in your state then they will charge you tax. I don't think newegg is in Tennesee so they won't. I am not sure about zipzoomfly.

malachi1313
11-19-06, 09:59 PM
Newegg is out of california and they have always charged me tax.

Spartan 117
11-19-06, 10:07 PM
thats funny, they don't for me, and I live in VA, maybe there is a law for that??? (gay)

malachi1313
11-19-06, 10:09 PM
Probably my state law. After all Al Gore invented the internet right??? LOL!!!:captnkill:

nekrosoft13
11-19-06, 10:37 PM
Newegg is out of california and they have always charged me tax.

All orders require 1-2 business days of processing time prior to shipping.
FedEx Express Saver - Delivery within 3 business days.
FedEx 2nd Day - Delivery within 2 business days.
FedEx Standard Overnight - Delivery in 1 business day.
UPS Guaranteed 3 Day Service - Delivery within 3 business days.
UPS 2nd Day - Delivery within 2 business days.
UPS Next Day Saver - Delivery in 1 business day.
Orders shipping via UPS Guaranteed 3 Day Service may ship via UPS Ground if UPS can guarantee a ground delivery to your shipping address in 3 or fewer days.
AIT Front Door Delivery, In Home Delivery and White Glove Service - Delivery within 3 to 5 business days. AIT delivery is not available for Hawaii, Alaska or Puerto Rico.
USPS, Media Mail - Delivery within 2 to 9 business days. (DVD purchases only)
APO/FPO orders welcome! Delivery will take approximately 2 to 6 weeks. Due to military APO/FPO box size, 19" and larger monitors cannot be shipped via this method. DVD's also can't be shipped via this method. Please remove these items from your shopping cart before proceeding.
FedEx ships to Hawaii and Alaska via FedEx 2Day only and cannot provide an exact delivery time. If you've selected any other FedEx shipping method prior to choosing a shipping address in Hawaii or Alaska, your shipping method will default to FedEx 2Day and you will be charged accordingly.
FedEx ships to Puerto Rico via FedEx International Economy only. If you've selected any other FedEx shipping method prior to choosing a shipping address in Puerto Rico, your shipping method will default to FedEx International Economy and you will be charged accordingly.
UPS ships to Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico via UPS Ground, UPS 2nd Day and UPS Next Day Saver only. If you've selected any other UPS shipping method prior to choosing a shipping address in Hawaii, Alaska or Puerto Rico, your shipping method will default to the cheapest available UPS shipping method and you will be charged accordingly.
All orders shipped to Puerto Rico via FedEx and USPS will be subject to a 6.6% excise tax for pre-customs clearance. For all orders shipped to Puerto Rico via UPS, the 6.6% excise tax will be collected from the customer directly for customs clearance.
Newegg.com does not process orders during the weekend.
No deliveries will be made on Saturday or Sunday.
Newegg.com does not guarantee same day shipping.
Newegg.com does not offer International/Canadian shipping options at this time.
All orders shipped to addresses in CA, TN or NJ will be charged the appropriate state sales tax.

reading doesn't hurt you know

newegg charges you tax becasuse about a year ago they set a WH in TN.

Spartan 117
11-19-06, 10:51 PM
at least VA still remains tax free :)

stevemedes
11-19-06, 11:18 PM
I hate the fact that I get charged tax at newegg. But if its something for <$150 i usually get from there anyway. If i pick 3 day shipping it usually comes the next day since im in NJ and newegg has a warehouse here. :)

TiKiMaN1
11-19-06, 11:27 PM
You are talking about ZIPZ:ass::ass:FLY RIGHT? Yep they still have not refunded me for the missing 8800 GTX they "sent" me.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80414

nekrosoft13
11-19-06, 11:32 PM
You are talking about ZIPZ:ass::ass:FLY RIGHT? Yep they still have not refunded me for the missing 8800 GTX they "sent" me.

did they even admit to that "mistake" or was it more of carrier fault?

Bearclaw
11-19-06, 11:40 PM
Ya, let's just all boycott zzf.

malachi1313
11-19-06, 11:40 PM

oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SNAP!!:thumbdwn:

Might risk it anyways!!(nana2)

Richteralan
11-19-06, 11:51 PM
did they even admit to that "mistake" or was it more of carrier fault?
they won't "admit" that "mistake" even it is truly their mistake.

Bearclaw
11-20-06, 01:31 AM
they won't "admit" that "mistake" even it is truly their mistake.
What assholes. I am never ordering from them now. Not that the mistake happened, everyone company will have it's mistakes. But they didn't even try to fix it at all...jerks.

Besides, their website doesn't even look professional. Get a decent looking one..geez.

Imbroglio
11-20-06, 07:12 AM
i feel your pain tiki :( the reason my ram is still under in progress is because the only ppl that carried it with reasonable prices were bytewisecomputers.com out of canada, no refund, no nothing, no help. just "we're sorry for the shipping error and we'll correct asap". my fetchin tracking number says the package was never recieved by the canadian post office

hemmy
11-20-06, 10:08 AM

they are still one of the better e-tailers, every store has stories like this

malachi1313
11-20-06, 10:15 AM
Sorry to hear about your grief Tiki, maybe i'll have better luck.

nekrosoft13
11-20-06, 03:24 PM
once i bought something from etronics and it was first time ever delivery by DHL

what much of ****s.

my package was in transit for over 3 weeks and it was 2 day shipping

KoRnfR3ak
11-21-06, 12:19 AM
I'm getting:
E6600
2 Gigs Corsair XMS2 PC2 800
Evga 680i
8800 GTX
Just a question... Are you using a LCD monitor? What's its native resolution?

TiKiMaN1
11-21-06, 12:22 AM
they are still one of the better e-tailers, every store has stories like this

I have ordered probably like 20 times from them I would at least expect them to treat be better after my long history with them.;)