PDA

View Full Version : SLI Bridges 8800gtx

Venturi
11-20-06, 10:07 AM
1st:
Its amazing that at $650 USD per video card a simple SLI bridge can't be included in the box.

For sizing purposes, they could simply include the longer flexible bridge. It should not be this complicated.

2nd:
Does it make any difference which connector slot is used on the 8800gtx?
Is there any advantage to using both connectors between 2 cards at the same time?

Xion X2
11-20-06, 10:22 AM
From what I've heard, it doesn't make a difference which connector slot you use on the card; the extra one is simply meant to bridge a 3rd card to the other two. I'm not sure if it's been decided if that 3rd card will be strictly for graphics or used for physics.

Might need to ask jakup about that.

SH64
11-20-06, 10:33 AM
1st:
Its amazing that at $650 USD per video card a simple SLI bridge can't be included in the box.

For sizing purposes, they could simply include the longer flexible bridge. It should not be this complicated.

Agreed.

jAkUp
11-20-06, 12:32 PM
The bridge comes with the motherboard. You will get no advantage running 2 SLI bridges, thats not what the 2 connectors are for.

LBJM
11-20-06, 12:36 PM
1st:

the bridges come with the motherboard and this has been true for some time. the 2nd bridge connection is for the physics. I see no reason for you to bring this up.

SH64
11-20-06, 04:13 PM
The bridge comes with the motherboard. You will get no advantage running 2 SLI bridges, thats not what the 2 connectors are for.
It should come with the card at least as a backup bridge.

Grestorn
11-20-06, 04:17 PM
It should come with the card at least as a backup bridge.

Since the mainboards have different layouts causing at least two different lengths for the connector, I don't think that this would be that good an idea.

And it's not that difficult to get such a connector. I can get them at my local store in Munich.

SH64
11-20-06, 04:25 PM
Since the mainboards have different layouts causing at least two different lengths for the connector, I don't think that this would be that good an idea.

And it's not that difficult to get such a connector. I can get them at my local store in Munich.
Well i cant get it easily in my situation .. & its much of a hassle for a little piece of hardware.
& they can still use the flexible bridge , it should suit any mobo config.

Grestorn
11-20-06, 04:33 PM
Well i cant get it easily in my situation .. & its much of a hassle for a little piece of hardware.
& they can still use the flexible bridge , it should suit any mobo config.

BTW, there were two connectors bundled with my 7900 GX2 - a short one and a long one. And those were the only additions to those cards.

jAkUp
11-20-06, 04:39 PM
BTW, there were two connectors bundled with my 7900 GX2 - a short one and a long one. And those were the only additions to those cards.

Well yea because that card did require 2 connectors, but in the case of the 8800GTX, they only need 1.