PDA

View Full Version : Using Dual View makes my screen "bigger" and my mouse disappears from the screen!

Xophile
11-20-06, 02:03 PM
Hey!

This might be a stupid question but I can't figure it out...

I connect my 7900GT card to my TV using a S-VHS-cable. When i want to watch a DVD i turn on dual view and then i get the DVD on my TVscreen. The problem is that I when dual view is enabled my screen (on the TFT 20") gets to wide so my mouse can "disappear" through the edges of the screen. It's really annoying to have to turn on and off dual view everytime I want to view a DVD.

What's causing this? The screen size does not change.

Am I making any sence here? ;)

Thanks!

WimpMiester
11-20-06, 11:01 PM
Check your monitor's refresh rate, sometimes that changes when you select multi-monitor settings. You should be able you readjust your display settings and apply the changes. The next time you go back to dual-view your settings should be saved.

Xophile
11-23-06, 03:48 AM
No, the refresh rate is the same...

What's causing this?

sharangad
11-23-06, 07:08 AM
Hey!

... The problem is that I when dual view is enabled my screen (on the TFT 20") gets to wide so my mouse can "disappear" through the edges of the screen. ...

Check the resolution of your TFT. It's possible its increased into a panning mode whereby it still shows the same resolution on screen but the actual desktop size on that screen is higher than its physical resolution.

In the Windows display properties applet, click on your TFT and check its resolution there.