PDA

View Full Version : Problem with X-Meridian review on front page!

nekrosoft13
11-21-06, 07:34 AM
This sound card does everything you need, except OpenAL. Unless you really need OpenAL, and odds are that you don't, then this is the card to buy. If you're into upgrading your sound cards, you can change the op amps. Despite a price tag of $199.99, the bottom line is this: This card kicks butt, and you should not pass it up. This card has so many features you won't know what to do with them all. I give this card a Grand Slam. Thanks to Stephane Bae and Auzentech for providing the review sample.

if you want vista, then x-meridian would be horrible choice, vista no longer supports DirectSound 3D Hardware acceleration, only way you will get hardware acceleration in vista would be thru OpenAL. Thus making X-Meridian useless, unless they finally release a new driver.

pkirby11
11-21-06, 10:06 AM
He's got a point. :)

ynnek
11-21-06, 03:31 PM
After you play Quake 4 with full OpenAL and EAX support with the X-Fi, you don't want to go back.

einstein_314
11-21-06, 04:49 PM
if you want vista, then x-meridian would be horrible choice, vista no longer supports DirectSound 3D Hardware acceleration, only way you will get hardware acceleration in vista would be thru OpenAL. Thus making X-Meridian useless, unless they finally release a new driver.
I thought the same thing when I read that. And everyone is going on about how this is such a great card...And it only does EAX2.0. What's up with that? Although I guess they are getting better. We'll see with coming cards I guess.

nekrosoft13
11-21-06, 06:30 PM
eax doesn't matter much for me, but no OpenAL kills the deal