PDA

View Full Version : How many people have jumped ship?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

borntosoul
02-28-03, 10:33 AM
it would be interesting to know how many here have jumped ship and bought from ati in the last 6 months( not that there is anything wrong with that) and how many are going to stay with nvidia to see what they bring out next before they make a decision? ive waited this long so waiting a little longer isnt going to kill me ,im going to see what the nv35 brings to the table and if im not happy i most likely get and ati card ,by then the 9700 will be cheap or the r350 if its really a great card

Sazar
02-28-03, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by borntosoul
it would be interesting to know how many here have jumped ship and bought from ati in the last 6 months( not that there is anything wrong with that) and how many are going to stay with nvidia to see what they bring out next before they make a decision? ive waited this long so waiting a little longer isnt going to kill me ,im going to see what the nv35 brings to the table and if im not happy i most likely get and ati card ,by then the 9700 will be cheap or the r350 if its really a great card

I have had ati products for a while... had a coupla nvidia ones... but my old rig was a pos and I needed the extra functionality of my little crappy radeon sdr :)

have not jumped ship really in that sense...

and I don;t really consider it jumping ship either... I highly recommend to each person the product which IMO is the better deal for them... or will give them the most bang for the buck... and @ the moment that happens to be ATi products...

panzaman
02-28-03, 10:41 AM
..I am planning to jump in the next couple of months, fed up with nVidia BS.

creedamd
02-28-03, 10:42 AM

I jumped ship, but I always do, voodoo1, voodoo2, voodoo3, voodoo5, gf mx, gf3 vanilla, 8500, gf ti4200, ti4400, and now a 9700pro. It's been a long road, but I'm at a good point now.

digitalwanderer
02-28-03, 10:56 AM
Not me!

You'll get me GF3 when you pry it from my cold, dead hands! :mad:

(Bet ya didn't expect me to say that! :p )

saturnotaku
02-28-03, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Sazar
and I don;t really consider it jumping ship either... I highly recommend to each person the product which IMO is the better deal for them... or will give them the most bang for the buck... and @ the moment that happens to be ATi products...

My thoughts exactly. I wasn't unhappy with my Ti4600 by any stretch, but I figured it was time for a change. I bought my modded Radeon 9500 because I couldn't pass up a video card that would give me 95% of 9700 Pro performance for 1/2 the price. If that card didn't exist, I would still be running my GF4.

randsom
02-28-03, 11:42 AM
i dont know if id call it jumpin ship, but i wnet from ti4600 to a 9700pro, it had the features i was looking dor at a very attractive price.

kyleb
02-28-03, 11:44 AM
ya i am a free swimmer myself, i keep myself off otherpeoples ships. ;)

however i have put off any intention of buying a gefocrefx at this point.

stncttr908
02-28-03, 01:07 PM
By your definition of jumping ship, then yeah, I probably will be.

tazdevl
02-28-03, 02:08 PM
I'm not jumping, but the FX was definitely taken from my list of alternatives when I heard the FX Flow.

DaveW
02-28-03, 02:24 PM
That would include me. My 9700 is the first non-nvidia gfx card since my 3dfx Voodoo 1...

S3 Virge -> Power VR -> 3dfx Voodoo (1) -> TNT -> TNT2 Ultra -> GF DDR -> GF2 GTS -> GF4 Ti -> ATI 9700

I stuck with nVidia for a long while simply because their cards were the best. Right now that isn't the case. I will switch back to nVidia if ATI start to suck again and/or nVidia release some much better cards in the future.

sbp
02-28-03, 02:56 PM
I've owned a Riva 128, TNT and all the GeForces: DDR GF, GF2 GTS, GF3 Ti500 and GF4 Ti4600.
Also owned Voodoo 1 and 2 and a 32 meg Radeon DDR which is still in use.
Unless the NV35 is impressive, I'll get a Radeon 9800 Pro. And no, I'm not going to wait forever for the NV35 to show up ala NV30.

Mike89
02-28-03, 06:49 PM
I WILL be getting the R350. It's time to retire my 4600 (I'll put it in my second computer). I will not wait for the NV35 (unless it was here like in a week). That's not to say I might not eventually have it too somewhere down the line. It just depends on my experiences with the R350. I am actually looking forward to try an ATI card to see for myself just what the deal is.

At one point in time I didn't think I'd EVER buy an ATI card because of drivers. That seems to be a thing of the past so there's nothing stopping me now. To tell the truth, I'm a bit relieved that ATI has gotten to the point they are now. The way things have progressed, I actually now feel like I have a choice where before I didn't.

It's all about the performance baby! This fierce competition between these two companies is a good thing, now if only another company or two could step up to the plate in the same ballpark, it would be better yet.

borntosoul
02-28-03, 07:37 PM
well maybe i should not have used the term jumping ship lol cause its no big deal to go from one to ther other , i think it will be a good time to buy around mid year .

5150 Joker
02-28-03, 08:31 PM

I jumped ship from the Ti4600 to the 9700 pro a month after it was released. I haven't looked back ever since and if the R400 keeps up the R300 tradition I think I'll probably stay with ATi for the long haul.

St Lobus
02-28-03, 09:59 PM
I'm still running my first nvidia card ever. I love my TI 4400 and it still plays my games. I don't care too much for AA and AF, and as long as it runs in anything higher than 640x480, I'm happy.

Creative Voodoo Banshee -> Voodoo 5 5500 -> Hercules Kyro 2 -> PNY GeForce 4 ti 4400

I can play Generals and Unreal. Deus Ex may make me change my mind, but for now I'm staying with Nvidia.

noko
03-01-03, 12:40 PM
I have both so I gots a foot on each ship :beer:

OpenGL
03-01-03, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by St Lobus
I'm still running my first nvidia card ever. I love my TI 4400 and it still plays my games. I don't care too much for AA and AF, and as long as it runs in anything higher than 640x480, I'm happy.

Creative Voodoo Banshee -> Voodoo 5 5500 -> Hercules Kyro 2 -> PNY GeForce 4 ti 4400

I can play Generals and Unreal. Deus Ex may make me change my mind, but for now I'm staying with Nvidia.

i didnt care about aa and af either , but now i do :) big difference .

Woodelf
03-01-03, 12:50 PM
I would have the day the 9700 pro came out, if I had known this was going to happen. Now I'm just going to stick with My gf3
untill the next worthy card. Probably the r350.
Good work Nvidia.

Dean_RW
03-01-03, 05:42 PM
I switch to ati after retiring my Geforce 256 DDR. I have been with ATI since with no regrets(currently running a 9500pro). Why I switched to ATI I have no idea, but i've always liked supporting the underdog I guess. With Nvidia getting all the negative flack lately I might have to switch back to Nvidia again once their new family of products arrive on the scene.

Fanboi Of the Underdog

P.S. I like your guys site over here. People can come in and say without fear what cards they prefer. You can go to other fan sites and if you are not one of the "crowd", your like a possum thrown into a tank of hungry pirannah's.

samurai_jack
03-01-03, 07:17 PM
i just jumped back to nvidia. i've always bought nvidia videocards, then early last year i bought jumped ship and bought a radeon 8500 128mb and last week got rid of it for a geforce4 ti 4600 because i got a brand new one for a good price.

bigC
03-01-03, 08:42 PM
i've had matrox, 3dfx, and nvidia cards. i will try ati soon.

Kruno
03-01-03, 10:20 PM
Me. :)

NV20 -> R300

dohcmark8
03-02-03, 02:09 AM
I'm about ready to jump ship, it depends on whoever has the most interesting card under $160 by the end of march, and right now it looks like ATi might win this round for me. nVIDIA you screwed up big time, take a break and try to improve your weak product line by June.:angel:

WCG
03-02-03, 07:59 AM
Right now I have a gf3ti200 and I'm still pleased with it. I was thinkin about upgrading to a 9700 pro but then decided to just wait on the r350... haven't tried ati in a long while

ati rage pro turbo 4mb
Voodoo 3 2000 PCI
Geforce 2 MX
Geforce 3 ti200
??? R350 ???
I can't afford to buy cards constantly lol.