PDA

View Full Version : Desperately in the need for new G80 drivers!

Skinner
11-22-06, 06:38 AM
Allthough the hardlunch was pretty impressive (and the hardware itself even more) the lack of drivers is getting a little bit disturbing now.

Games, as HL2 (foggy Z? errors) CoJ, Splintercell4 for example have issues with this driverset and according to people in the know, the GPU isn't running on full speed yet. And many capabilitys like mul aren't active yet.

CP is a mess, and not handy in use and the image sharpening slider is broken.

Normaly we see frequent leaks of forceware, but this time its amazingly quiet.
Theory is nVidia is working on a new driver especially for the G80 but it isn't clear to me if this also contains a totally new XP driver or only a dx10 Vista one?

And when...?

nforced4good
11-22-06, 06:44 AM
why are you posting this here?

if you wanna complain, do it at the nvidia forums, everyone else is... and getting told to be patient.

Skinner
11-22-06, 07:13 AM
To raise the pressure for an answer, that isn't to much to ask I think.
And I think the chances too get an (good) answer here are higher.

jolle
11-22-06, 09:08 AM
Im checking this part of the forum several times a day with hopes of a new driver.
In the relnotes for 97.02 they say that the HL2 issue is a application issue and not a issue on their side, and mention something about matching the MS reference rasterizer... if thats right then that will have to be resolved by Valve, and I think they mention how they are working with them to fix it.

fatal1ty
11-22-06, 09:56 AM
To raise the pressure for an answer, that isn't to much to ask I think.
And I think the chances too get an (good) answer here are higher.

Nope - since no one from NV comes here I doubt anyone will see your request any sooner.

Skinner
11-22-06, 12:25 PM
Nope - since no one from NV comes here I doubt anyone will see your request any sooner.

Maybe, and the fact ATI has nothing to encounter the G80 I'm afraid we're stuck with this incomplete 97.02 for a while...:(

OWA
11-22-06, 12:42 PM
Most of the time the Nvidia people don't participate in the forum but we've been told more than once that they monitor the forums. So I think the chances of it being seen here are probably just as good as anywhere else.

Edit: Oh, but I should probably add that I don't think Mike or the mods want their forums to be a ranting/venting ground.

Ronin
11-22-06, 12:58 PM
Hey, I pay attention. :(

And yes, nVIDIA does monitor their forums, but they take more heed to what me, Chris, and Brian point out to them. ;)

RejZoR
11-22-06, 01:01 PM

if you wanna complain, do it at the nvidia forums, everyone else is... and getting told to be patient.

Wish him luck with this advice. It will only get his post erased and posting blocked for like 1 week or so. tried that and got exactly what i described. And i posted much more constructive thing... Yep, thats NVIDIA...

LBJM
11-22-06, 01:09 PM

What's with your attitude? have some respect rookie. your clearly just posting to up your post count.

Skinner
11-22-06, 01:43 PM
Most of the time the Nvidia people don't participate in the forum but we've been told more than once that they monitor the forums. So I think the chances of it being seen here are probably just as good as anywhere else.

Edit: Oh, but I should probably add that I don't think Mike or the mods want their forums to be a ranting/venting ground.

I think the community has some power yes.

And the title maye sound a bit like a rant, I always try to be reasoable and back things up and I think the current driverstatus is unsatisfying and it should be mentioned.

OWA
11-22-06, 01:53 PM
And the title maye sound a bit like a rant, I always try to be reasoable and back things up and I think the current driverstatus is unsatisfying and it should be mentioned.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply your post was. I just wanted to add the ranting comment since we have a lot of new people and some of them are frustrated.

Ronin
11-22-06, 02:18 PM
Wish him luck with this advice. It will only get his post erased and posting blocked for like 1 week or so. tried that and got exactly what i described. And i posted much more constructive thing... Yep, thats NVIDIA...

On which forum? If you're saying this happened to you on the nVIDIA forums, I'd like to know when and what your username was.

Skinner
11-22-06, 02:37 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply your post was. I just wanted to add the ranting comment since we have a lot of new people and some of them are frustrated.

Well, it's it bit frustrating to see the limited amount of drivers for this card, it's not someting I usally see from nV. They mostly has their drivers up to par.

And the fact our Splintercell's Double Agent disk collecting dust with this card is frustrating too ;)

But i guess they're up to something major, with revised CP and dedicated G80 support.

Slammin
11-22-06, 02:41 PM
Didn't the card only just come out last week?

Ronin
11-22-06, 02:57 PM
2 weeks ago today.

Skinner
11-22-06, 03:18 PM
It may be just relased, but I bet its up and running for about a year. Allthough I think drivertuning takes months of not more for such an advanced peace of hardware. It's not an easy task I suppose.

But freqeunt driver updates in the beginneing are so important when bugs are needing to get ironed out.

PeterJensen
11-22-06, 04:09 PM
well as a system builder is think it sucks major donkey balls that i have to use Vista @ work with the default VGA driver. Sure the OS is not out to the "user" before Jan. 07 but ALLOT of Computer techs will have it NOW of later this month.
Also the 97.xx driver SUCKS for XP. Sure the card has only been out for 2 weeks but where are all the driver leaks... :(

nrdstrm
11-22-06, 09:27 PM
well as a system builder is think it sucks major donkey balls that i have to use Vista @ work with the default VGA driver. Sure the OS is not out to the "user" before Jan. 07 but ALLOT of Computer techs will have it NOW of later this month.
Also the 97.xx driver SUCKS for XP. Sure the card has only been out for 2 weeks but where are all the driver leaks... :(

Yeah...Where?!? :( I'd really like to be testing for the Beta I'm in, but besides a few responses from the developer like "were working on it", I have no hope...Grrr...Wish I wouldn't have sold my 7900GT so quick...heh...live and learn...

lukrad
11-22-06, 09:52 PM
Creative and Nvidia drivers will be out by November 30th. It's a deadline, because OEM, system builders, etc...needs those by that time.

Slammin
11-22-06, 10:11 PM
It may be just relased, but I bet its up and running for about a year. Allthough I think drivertuning takes months of not more for such an advanced peace of hardware. It's not an easy task I suppose.

But freqeunt driver updates in the beginneing are so important when bugs are needing to get ironed out.

Pwlease don't not dwink and pwost!

Skinner
11-23-06, 12:25 PM
Pwlease don't not dwink and pwost!

You got to be a bad ass induvidial for playing the language thing to foreigners...

Slammin
11-23-06, 12:41 PM
Pardon my humor, not intent on ridicule, and I never noticed you were foreign, and it was hard to tell if you were not actually sloshed :D

Seriously, apologies extended, my foreign friend!

Skinner
11-23-06, 01:24 PM
Ok no hard feelings. But it's hard enough to put my thoughts on "paper" in an other language, so I jumped the gun a bit ;)