PDA

View Full Version : CM Stacker 830 - case fan recommendations

Arioch
11-22-06, 09:54 PM
Greetings,

I am getting a Core 2 Duo / 8800GTX SLI PC and plan on putting it in a Coolermaster Stacker 830 case. The case comes with one intake and exhaust fan but can have up to 9 more. I plan on having an air-cooled system with some mild overclocking so I was hoping for suggestions on how many more I should install and where to put them.

Thanks! :)

crainger
11-22-06, 10:53 PM
Well with my stacker I have 120mm 3 Antec Tri cool fans. One intake upfront, two exhaust, up top and on the back. These are running on low speed.

On the side bracket I have two 120mm Vantec Stealth fans running on 5 volts. One is in the lower left to cool GPU, the other is upper right to cool memory. I tried to do all four side funs, but the GTX pci-e leads get in the way and the top right fan I feel would cause to much turbulence and render the exhuast fan useless (As well as block the view in to the water block).

SLippe
11-22-06, 11:21 PM
Rule of thumb; The bigger the fan the more air is moved and usually quieter.

As for how many you need/want in the case, I think that is personal preference. Good luck on your new rig. :thumbsup:

Arioch
11-22-06, 11:31 PM
My concern is adding too many fans and causing issues inside the case. I plan on using a ASUS Striker 680i motherboard. I am thinking off adding another 120mm up top which I assume is intake and maybe a couple on the side.

Mr Bigman
11-22-06, 11:37 PM
crainger i use the same case too. I also use the Antec tri color 120's too. That was probably the best i can find for now. I use a very noisy fan blowing across the radiotor and one pulling off the radiator in back that is loud too. no one has high end ball bearing 120 fans that are quiet execpt Antec.

JoKeRr
11-23-06, 12:04 AM
check out the few stacker mods in this thread, UNREAL!!!

http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=102550&page=13

where's the SLI edition??