PDA

View Full Version : HDMI version 2 What it holds for the future?

Pages : [1] 2

Digital_Trans
11-22-06, 11:29 PM
I heard there's going to be a new release coming out for HDMI.
HDMI-2 What does this mean for the future and are there any current LCD monitors or Plasma TV's out on the market with the new HDMI 2 feature? :D

superklye
11-22-06, 11:45 PM
Uh...could you provide a link or perhaps some information so there is something to discuss?

Digital_Trans
11-23-06, 12:21 AM
Uh...could you provide a link or perhaps some information so there is something to discuss?

Well, this was news I had reviewed a few months ago. I don't have any links on it sorry. I'll sure try to find some google links on it a/sap! :D

LORD-eX-Bu
11-23-06, 02:30 AM
HDMI 2!!! There is no such thing...

it does not exist...:bleh:

harl
11-23-06, 02:58 AM
Current hdmi (1.3) supports higher clock than DVI
and supports color depths of 30,36 or 48 bits
(I haven't hear of any TV or player supporting that)
I also read something about 1440p
(2560x1440 resolution)
Also hdmi 1.3 supports the new audio standards

HDMI 2.0 should provides even highers resolutions and more color depth
(I read something about but can't remember)
I don't think it would come out shortly anyway

lduguay
11-23-06, 12:01 PM
Hdmi 1.3 also suggests fixes for the damn loose connector with a retention clip.

Digital_Trans
11-26-06, 05:47 PM
Okay, I mean it's HDMI 1.3 Not HDMI 2. So is that a cable? or is HDMI 1.3 ntergrated into the high-end LCD/Plasma TV's? Please advise...Thanks! :D

GamerGuyX
11-26-06, 06:11 PM
Okay, I mean it's HDMI 1.3 Not HDMI 2. So is that a cable? or is HDMI 1.3 ntergrated into the high-end LCD/Plasma TV's? Please advise...Thanks! :D

It's people like you that annoy me the most. Read up on HDMI and it's subsequent versions here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

Scroll down to the bottom of the page for info on what HDMI 1.3 brings to the table.

Digital_Trans
11-26-06, 06:30 PM
Well, no **** now! I don't like your attitude. I was doing a double check on it. Again, I was double checking for the record. I like to know a topic from more then once resource just to confirm.
I won't damn you since you do pay taxes....LMAO!

retsam
11-26-06, 06:36 PM
It's people like you that annoy me the most. Read up on HDMI and it's subsequent versions here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

Scroll down to the bottom of the page for info on what HDMI 1.3 brings to the table.
why dont you take a chill pill or take your anger someoplace else....we all went over the anger issue a few months ago, do we need to go over it again?

retsam
11-26-06, 06:38 PM
Well, no **** now! I don't like your attitude. I was doing a double check on it. Again, I was double checking for the record. I like to know a topic from more then once resource just to confirm.
I won't damn you since you do pay taxes....LMAO!
hay man its all cool, hes just a hot head with cranial rectal inversion syndrome.

GamerGuyX
11-26-06, 07:05 PM
Again, I was double checking for the record. I like to know a topic from more then once resource just to confirm.

You didn't even know the name of HDMI 1.3... :rolleyes:

why dont you take a chill pill or take your anger someoplace else....we all went over the anger issue a few months ago, do we need to go over it again?

Your threats are meaningless to me old man. I'm the same I was months ago so what is it that we "went over"?

Digital_Trans
11-26-06, 07:58 PM
Everyone relax......(nana2)

ViN86
11-26-06, 08:02 PM
(popcorn)

Digital_Trans
11-26-06, 08:19 PM
(popcorn)

Ha! Ha! Ha! Pay Per View! (popcorn)

Zelda_fan
11-26-06, 08:46 PM
Your threats are meaningless to me old man. I'm the same I was months ago so what is it that we "went over"?

Haha, "old man." LOL.

GamerGuyX
11-26-06, 09:02 PM
Haha, "old man." LOL.

He sounds like an old man when he says that. Like he's my grandpa that caught me stealing cookies from the cookie jar. Now he's giving me this little speech and putting me in the corner so I "think about what I did". :rolleyes:

Digital_Trans
11-27-06, 12:56 AM
He sounds right in judging your asinine remarks earlier. :D Never the less it comes with the territory.

Digital_Trans
11-27-06, 12:59 AM
(2560x1440 resolution)

I don't think it would come out shortly anyway

Yes, this is correct..................(nana2) You nailed it perfectly Bump! :D

Heinz68
11-27-06, 04:08 AM
(2560x1440 resolution)

I don't think it would come out shortly anywayI believe this is wrong information.
No news about HDMI 2.0 at HDMI Home (http://www.hdmi.org/index.asp) neither can I Google it, plus products with HDMI 1.3 features just starting to hit the market.
About 1440p
Chi Mei Optoeletronics is talking about introducing 1440p (2,560 x 1,440) 47 inch LCD but for now nothing above 1080p is official standard. Dual-link DVI and HDMI 1.3 connections can cope with such increased resolution if and when it become official.
Read the engadgetHD (http://www.engadgethd.com/2006/10/17/cmo-to-ship-47-inch-quad-hd-1440p-lcd-in-2007/) article.
By the way, CMO is the 3rd largest LCD panels manufacturer in the world and it's marketing HDTV and Monitors under the Westinghouse name.

Digital_Trans
11-27-06, 04:57 AM
This is Great news! Do you think my Samsung 42" Plasma HDTV Model: HPS4233 would support some of features that HDMI 1.3 offers or do I have to own a newer high-end HD LCD/Plasma TV to get the benefit?

retsam
11-27-06, 10:01 AM
He sounds like an old man when he says that. Like he's my grandpa that caught me stealing cookies from the cookie jar. Now he's giving me this little speech and putting me in the corner so I "think about what I did". :rolleyes:
well when you come on here and act like a little child we will treat you as such. obviusly you dont know how to treat people and communicate in a respectful manor...how about this, when you learn to grow up, come back here and post again, until then why dont you go play with the little boys over at rage, they seem to be more your age group.

sorry guys for the responce but i needed to say it...lets get back on topic.

GamerGuyX
11-27-06, 04:11 PM
well when you come on here and act like a little child we will treat you as such. obviusly you dont know how to treat people and communicate in a respectful manor...how about this, when you learn to grow up, come back here and post again, until then why dont you go play with the little boys over at rage, they seem to be more your age group.

What makes you think I'm going to stop posting?

This just in: I don't give a **** if you don't like the way I post. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. And I damn well aren't going to stop posting because you think that I don't "communicate in a respectful manor".

retsam
11-27-06, 04:17 PM

This just in: I don't give a **** if don't like the way I post. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. And I damn well aren't going to stop posting because I you think that I don't "communicate in a respectful manor".
thank you for proving my point...:thumbsup: :cry:....

CaptNKILL
11-27-06, 04:35 PM

This just in: I don't give a **** if you don't like the way I post. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. And I damn well aren't going to stop posting because you think that I don't "communicate in a respectful manor".
Weren't you temp banned for acting like this before? :|

Pull the damn stick out of your ass and lighten up dude.