PDA

View Full Version : For the Love of 680i

TiKiMaN1
11-23-06, 02:41 AM
Fetch....that is all I have to say. Nvidia has really out done themselves with this chipset release. I mean look at my signature...3.5GHz on my E6700...plus SLI capability.:drooling:

For those of you on the fence about getting a 680i board or not, all I have to say is bust out your wallet and treat yourself to a nice Christmas present.:)

I just can't believe it. Just 3 weeks ago the farthest I could push my E6700 was to 3GHz....now I'm fetchin' 500MHz faster. Talk about a nice upgrade. Buy a new motherboard and unlock Conroes true potential with SLI!!!

Fantastic I say.(nana2) (nana2) (nana2)

TiKiMaN1
11-23-06, 03:11 AM
Rock solid at 3.5GHz!!! Ya ya!!:D

vmsein
11-23-06, 09:57 AM
I jumped on the 680i bandwagon as well with the EVGA motherboard, and so far I'm very pleased with it. Still a few Bios bugs that need to be worked out, but none the less, a solid offering from NVIDIA. I would have purchased the ASUS Striker, except for the use of all those heatpipes for chipset cooling. Heatpipes just don't work well in inverted cases like the one I have. I'm looking forward to the DFI 680i motherboard just to see if they will have a viable alternative to ASUS and all the reference clones.

Spartan 117
11-23-06, 11:21 AM
im still waiting for newegg to restock :(

my QX6700 is going to be sitting and getting dust cuz of this :(

TiKiMaN1
11-24-06, 04:44 PM
Great results! Will you go for a higher clock also?

I'm not sure CoH is so smooth that well not sure what the point would be.:captnkill: I suppose I could try for higher just to see what would happen.:D

Arioch
11-24-06, 04:48 PM
TiKiMaN1,

I am thinking of getting this motherboard on my new PC and was wondering if you could check to see you are getting the crackling sound problems that people with other 680i motherboards and X-fi soundcards are having.

Thanks!

jAkUp
11-24-06, 05:05 PM
TiKiMaN1,

I am thinking of getting this motherboard on my new PC and was wondering if you could check to see you are getting the crackling sound problems that people with other 680i motherboards and X-fi soundcards are having.

Thanks!

This only occurs in SLI mode with 8800's.

Arioch
11-24-06, 05:07 PM

Well I plan on doing SLI with 8800GTX cards and understand that EVGA has a bios update to fix this problem on their boards. I am curious to see if this ASUS board has had the issue addressed or if it is still a problem.

Labyrinth
11-24-06, 05:18 PM
Anybody know where I can find a Striker Extreme mobo in stock? :thumbdwn:

Labyrinth
11-24-06, 05:25 PM
I'm not sure CoH is so smooth that well not sure what the point would be.:captnkill: I suppose I could try for higher just to see what would happen.:D

What drivers are you using for CoH, and what graphic settings?

Arioch
11-24-06, 06:42 PM

Sorry, just noticed that he is not running in SLI at the moment...

top3koms
11-24-06, 09:23 PM
I just ordered the P5N32-E SLI today ,newegg finally got them in stock.I'll be glad to switch up the the 680i chipset.It's not the overclocker/tweaker board like the Striker Extreme but i'll be glad to get out of the old chipset.

Despotes
11-25-06, 12:37 AM
My eVGA 680i seems to have maxed out with a fsb of 395. Nothing will get it to go any higher.
The memory is fine(Unlinked at stock specs)and the cpu is stable. Everything is disabled that should be--spread spectrum, linkboost...tried a myriad of voltages.
This board displays some funky readings during boot up too with some combinations. Using 1581 with 8X the post screen will show 443X8 3.55Ghz! hehe. NTune will show the same. CPU-Z shows the correct readings though--395X8 3.16Ghz. ?? At this highest fsb setting the system is unstable. I tried up through 470-ish hoping I was in a "hole", but no luck.
Is the board defective or my cpu just unable to cope with a high fsb? :(
I also tried the P20 bios. Same thing.

Doubage
11-25-06, 12:38 PM
Yep, best board I have owned period.
It put my BadAxe on HTPC duty :D