PDA

View Full Version : It's painfull waiting for 8800 Vista drivers!

Pages : [1] 2

xgman
11-23-06, 10:42 PM
:( Sitting here with a 30 inch monitor and a $600 8800gtx on a "real" msdn final vista release, and the best I can get is 16bit 1600x1200 max res. All these posts about performance issues on various drivers, and right now I would be happy just to get full 32bit 2D resolution. Whether vista is available to the public or not, I find the lack of any support from nvidia on this to the developers at least to be very arrogant on their part and I know I'm not alone on this. One can only hope that we are only hours or at worst days away from a solution. I think I would have prefered a good ole fashioned paper launch to this. :thumbdwn: :(

nforced4good
11-23-06, 11:35 PM
its even more painful listening to all you early adopters whining.

jAkUp
11-23-06, 11:43 PM
:( Sitting here with a 30 inch monitor and a $600 8800gtx on a "real" msdn final vista release, and the best I can get is 16bit 1600x1200 max res. All these posts about performance issues on various drivers, and right now I would be happy just to get full 32bit 2D resolution. Whether vista is available to the public or not, I find the lack of any support from nvidia on this to the developers at least to be very arrogant on their part and I know I'm not alone on this. One can only hope that we are only hours or at worst days away from a solution. I think I would have prefered a good ole fashioned paper launch to this. :thumbdwn: :(

Install XP32 and your problem will be fixed :) Its not like there is any applications to take advantage of Vista anyways, sure I would like to run Vista, but the 8800 is designed for gaming, and gaming runs fine for now on XP32 so I'm happy :)

I will be switching to Vista once performance is good though :D

DarkJedi664
11-24-06, 12:00 AM
The 32bit drivers are pure trash! nVidia really let everyone down on that.

xgman
11-24-06, 12:03 AM
Install XP32 and your problem will be fixed :) Its not like there is any applications to take advantage of Vista anyways, sure I would like to run Vista, but the 8800 is designed for gaming, and gaming runs fine for now on XP32 so I'm happy :)

I will be switching to Vista once performance is good though :D

Obviously I could image back to XP, but I pay for an msdn subsciption and I want to continue to test Vista.

xgman
11-24-06, 12:04 AM
its even more painful listening to all you early adopters whining.

you were all about trying to help out a couple days ago, which I really appreciated. What soured you?

nforced4good
11-24-06, 01:03 AM
nothing :P i just wanted to respond randomly by twisting your own words against you... i think :|

retsam
11-24-06, 01:22 AM
The 32bit drivers are pure trash! nVidia really let everyone down on that.
here, let me clue you in on something...vista is on MSDN...let me clue you in on something, MSDN stands for "microsoft developer network" i dont see gamers or home users in there, do you?

nforced4good
11-24-06, 01:29 AM
lol lol lol, Retsam has a good point.

they are Development, so games running on it isn't important.

but then,.. theres also all the Connect beta testers who are getting free keys for it.

DarkJedi664
11-24-06, 01:34 AM
Ok, why are you ripping on me? I'm talking about XP drivers, not Vista. I can't even use Vista because they don't have 8800 drivers out yet. I'm using XP at the moment, and I can tell that every driver that's out for XP is just pure crap. I'm a Connect beta tester and I did get a free copy of Vista Ultimate, and I want to use Vista as I hate XP. I also have access to MSDN, so I do know what it means, thank you. So back off would ya?

retsam
11-24-06, 01:36 AM
Ok, why are you ripping on me? I'm talking about XP drivers, not Vista. I can't even use Vista because they don't have 8800 drivers out yet. I'm using XP at the moment, and I can tell that every driver that's out for XP is just pure crap. I'm a Connect beta tester and I did get a free copy of Vista Ultimate, and I want to use Vista as I hate XP. So back off would ya?
who's attacking you...where just responding to your posts, chill dude. every card that has ever come out right out the gate has had driver problems, you want bleeding edge, you got it.

DarkJedi664
11-24-06, 01:53 AM
I wasn't even talking about Vista, and here you are ripping on me because I said 32bit drivers are pure trash; which they are. I don't remember the G70 or G71 drivers having this many problems.

nforced4good
11-24-06, 01:55 AM
actually they did, but you wouldn't know becoz Nvidia wasn't using us as Early-Beta driver testers, back then.

sedona should've been shoved up someones.....

and they should just fix the damn driver and put the stuff from the new cp into the old one.

retsam
11-24-06, 02:00 AM
I wasn't even talking about Vista, and here you are ripping on me because I said 32bit drivers are pure trash; which they are. I don't remember the G70 or G71 drivers having this many problems.
who is talking about vista. when ever you have a new architecture you have major sriver problems and no, g70 was not a compltely new architecture. like i said, welcome to the bleeding edge.... dont like it, too bad. this is why im waiting to buy a gts. i read before i buy.

retsam
11-24-06, 02:02 AM
anyone remember the driver bugs with nv40...what about when the r300 launched...i sure do....thats why i wait.

DarkJedi664
11-24-06, 02:03 AM
Interesting. It's just a shame they gave us some really bad drivers at launch.

DarkJedi664
11-24-06, 02:06 AM
here, let me clue you in on something...vista is on MSDN...let me clue you in on something, MSDN stands for "microsoft developer network" i dont see gamers or home users in there, do you?
You were quoting me, and now you're asking who's talking about Vista...well apparently you are!

gdphk
11-24-06, 02:46 AM
The Pre Vista ForceWare Will be Release at November 30http://www.coolaler.com/forum/images/smilies/tongue_smile.gif

DarkJedi664
11-24-06, 03:21 AM
Well lets hope so :)

Lordedmond
11-24-06, 12:34 PM
its a pity about the lack of drivers for Vista BFG water cooled 880GTX sitting crying out for a driver for vista let alone a decent on for XP 32/64

xgman
11-24-06, 02:04 PM
It's just frustrating.

Slammin
11-24-06, 02:16 PM
http://www.kleenex.com

They can help! :D

Hehe, you guys have the fastest cards in the world and are getting better fps than I am getting with my Sli!

My heart bleeds for you all!

NOT!!! :D :D

Cyant
11-24-06, 02:25 PM
Even if I had drivers for my registered Vista Buisness Ed. (help to have well placed friends with access to volume licences hehe) I would be stuck with piss poor creative labs drivers. So until then my Vista 64bit install will wait patiently on my 160GB Hard drive by itself ready to be used hehe.

lukrad
11-24-06, 05:48 PM
I wish they are decent XP drivers, not to mention xp64 or even Vista :thumbdwn:

This is a total blow...

techstyled
11-24-06, 06:26 PM
I felt compelled to register in order to post on this subject.

1. NVidia (et. al.) cater to early adopters / enthusiasts - who else needs their flagship? Are they just hoping these early adopters are only "early" in the graphics dept.?
2. NVidia _promotes_ full DX10 support? Didn't someone mention that they might want to think about having a driver for the only DX10 OS (regardless whether it was a beta at the time or not).
3. Vista has been in the works for... ???

All of you saying "bleeding edge" and other such _excuses_ for Nvidia not having drivers for a _released_ OS are just allowing them to get away with piss poor support for their product.

The fact that they don't have good, stable drivers (or any) for this OS is just inexcusable, IMO.