PDA

View Full Version : Where to get asus A8V bios chip?

Quick420
11-24-06, 10:01 AM
I had a bad flashing experience which rendered my bios chip blank,thus making the board useless.I cant seem to find a link anywhere to get a replacement.I'll keep poking around the asus site,but cant seem to find what I need there,and they havnt replied to me yet.I'm sure some of you guys have had to replace an Asus bios chip....where oh where can I get one?

Rytr
11-24-06, 10:12 AM
Try badflash.com. I have purchased from them several years ago and they provided good service and selection. Another place is bioschip.com but I have no experience with them.

Quick420
11-24-06, 11:03 AM
Thnx m8,badflash had exactly what I needed.New chip is in the mail...well maybe not yet :-) If i understand correctly it will be flashed to the bios I specified as well,great service! Thanks again

jAkUp
11-24-06, 03:42 PM
I don't recommend it... usually the Mac addresses are stored on that particular BIOS rom. If you had to do it, I suppose you could though :)

Quick420
12-19-06, 02:47 PM
Got the chip yesterday...worked like new.Last time I use the asus update feature......*grumbles*

einstein_314
12-19-06, 04:23 PM
Got the chip yesterday...worked like new.Last time I use the asus update feature......*grumbles*
Good to hear!