PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2142 Patch 1.06 Released, No Typo its another one!

johnkeel105
11-24-06, 11:33 PM
Well EA made a mistake in their last one that causes crashing at the end of Titan mode. This fixes it have fun!

http://www.gamershell.com/download_16591.shtml

Shamrock
11-25-06, 12:15 AM
I just picked this up at Best Buy for $24.99, and I cant even play it!!!! I know internet is required, ok...I am connected.

When I get to the create account screen, my internet goes CRAZY!!!! I have been trying to create an account since 9:23 PM, it is now 12:57 AM. I hit the create account button, and it says it timed out, try again later. For 4 hours? Oh, my internet is still going crazy when this happens. What is happening? is it downloading the ingame advertising?

This is on dialup

johnkeel105
11-25-06, 12:53 AM
The game does not support 56k. Sorry :( should have read the game box closer!

"Operating System: Windows XP with latest service pack installed DirectX 9.0c February 2006 edition (included)
CPU: 1.7 Ghz
RAM: 512 Mb
Video Card: 128Mb DirectX compliant video card, Pixel shader 2.0 and above.
Hard Drive space: 1.8Gb of space is required to install the game
Internet connection: 128kbit Cable/DSL connection

In order to play the game at the recommended resolution, detail and performance levels, your computer should match or exceed the following specifications:

Operating System: Windows XP with latest service pack installed DirectX 9.0c February 2006 edition (included)
CPU: 3.0 Ghz
RAM: 1.5 Gb
Video Card: 256Mb DirectX compliant video card, Pixel shader 2.0 and above.
Hard Drive space: 1.8Gb of space is required to install the game
Internet connection: 512Mb Cable/DSL connection"

The game currently uses very little in game advertising. It would only amount to a small gif file.

Shamrock
11-25-06, 01:53 AM
Mine didnt say that, mine just said "Internet connection required"

I can still play it single player, and LAN

jolle
11-25-06, 05:46 AM
lol, so they keep patching the patches..
Wonder if they moved the patching to the Canada branch of DICE like they did with BF2..

Bman212121
11-27-06, 12:46 AM
I can say that I'm honestly glad I didn't pick this game up. It's basically BF2 all over again. We actually had to uninstall and reinstall the game to a previous patch because it had such a bad memory leak, it could go over 1GB of used memory.

It's nice that they want to fix the game, but anyone else think it is rediculous they can't actually release a working patch?

Aphot
11-27-06, 09:42 PM
The 1.05 patch and the 1.06 patch fix a lot of things, and its running flawlessly on my system :)

nutcrackr
11-27-06, 11:11 PM
Server operators got around the crashing issue so the patch wasn't really needed but it's good they rushed to get it out. Even though 1.05 did fix a few things (tumbler pin yay) there are still many problems. I hope we see a 1.1 patch in a week or two with just as many fixes as 1.05. I really enjoy the game aside from the occasional horrendous lag on titan mode.

jolle
11-28-06, 03:48 AM
It's nice that they want to fix the game, but anyone else think it is rediculous they can't actually release a working patch?
It appears that right after BF2 was released, the Stockholm office dropped it entirely and started on BF2142.
And the Canadian office took over the maintenance of BF2, so basicly you have a bunch of guys who wasnt involved in writing the code, trying to fix it with a bunch of documentation on it..
And given the trackrecord of patches that required patches of their own, that doesnt seem to be the most efficient way to work..

fugu_fish
11-28-06, 09:07 AM
The 1.05 patch and the 1.06 patch fix a lot of things, and its running flawlessly on my system :)

I can't say it runs flawlessly because I typically have 1 or 2 CTDs in a 4 hour session. Occasionally a server will crash, but other than that it runs fine here, too.

Considering EA/Dice's track record with BF2, I knew the risks going in, but I can honestly say that I'm glad I bought the game. 64 player conquest mode is great, especially on the urban maps. Titan mode is another story and needs some serious attention.

johnkeel105
11-28-06, 09:36 AM
Well I think Battlefield 2142 is a really good game and it runs alright on a gig of ram unless I am in Titan mode. I wish they would look into getting the game to use less ram. However, I doubt that will ever happen. Hopefully, the next path will fix the animation problems with the mechs and make it so Titan mode runs flawless. I think if they made the Titans stay stationary at all times it would run alot better.

Perhaps if we get lucky they will also release another map to add to the amount in the game!(nana2)

Tygerwoody
11-28-06, 10:07 AM
is battlefield 2 worth playing these days? I haven't played it in a good 6-10 months. The bugs drive me nuts in it.