PDA

View Full Version : No FSAA in NOLF

Mike89
11-25-06, 01:47 PM
Now I know this is an old game. Recently I went into it using my 8800GTX (97.02). FSAA is not working. I remember playing this game in the past where FSAA did work.

If anyone can remember that far back when they were playing this game. Did you get FSAA to work?

Redeemed
11-25-06, 01:58 PM
I have never heard of "NOLF"? What does "NOLF" even stand for?

--Edit--

Oh, I think I just got it... "NOLF- No One Lives Forever", right?

Never played the game, so I couldn't help you out. Sorry. :(

Mike89
11-25-06, 02:13 PM
What does "NOLF" even stand for?

Wow, I am old.

hirantha
11-25-06, 02:42 PM
No one lives Forever! the best super sexy secret agent ever! :thumbsup:

nekrosoft13
11-25-06, 04:06 PM
how did you try to enable AA?

Mike89
11-25-06, 04:14 PM
Well there are no in game settings for FSAA so I did it in the control panel. Created a game profile and chose "Override any application setting" for FSAA. Then changed it to 16XQ. Also tried 4X.

Mike89
11-25-06, 05:30 PM
Interesting. I got FSAA to work and it now takes out the jaggies completely. I changed an in game setting to Triple Buffering on and FSAA then worked. There is a little problem associated with doing that though. Now I got that famous sound problem deal in NOLF back where the last word in a dialog now sometimes gets cut off.

raystorm
11-25-06, 06:16 PM
I wish there was a NOLF 3. NOLF is one of my favorite fps games of all time. Its fun, has a great lead (Cate!) and supporting characters (Magnus..etc), some great dialogue..etc. Its just a great game all around but I don't think we'll ever see a new one. <sigh>

Enough with the dark FEAR and Condemned stuff Monolith!!! I love 'em but I want a new NOLF! Bring back Cate Archer!

nekrosoft13
11-25-06, 08:39 PM
i would also like for both NOLF to be re-made with the new engine.

karkrash81
11-25-06, 08:51 PM
I still play NOLF often and have no problem setting the AA settings in the Nvidia control panel

Are you using NOLF.exe or Lithtech.exe when setting the profile...that may make a difference.

Redeemed
11-25-06, 10:08 PM
Wow, I am old.

Dude, I'm 19 years old- and I only assume that you might be at worst in your 40's. I wouldn't call that "old" at all. ;)

I just drew a blank there. I remember quite clearly when that game came out. I just never got into it, that is all.

Hope I didn't offend you, "old-timer". ;) :p

mullet
11-25-06, 11:18 PM
I played NOLF 1 forever and yes its awsome but was riddled with nasty netcode, then they came out with NOLF 2 and it sucked bad. I really wish there was a NOLF3 thats just like NOLF 1 with AM VS HARM that rocked.