PDA

View Full Version : wierd BSOD w/ screen saver?

Imbroglio
11-25-06, 05:07 PM
using the 93.71 drivers with my 7950gt, i get a "memory leak" everytime the screen saver shows up. i've tried rolling back drivers and tried the drivers directly from evga's page with no avail, is my windows install fubar? or is something else going on?

crainger
11-25-06, 07:16 PM
using the 93.71 drivers with my 7950gt, i get a "memory leak" everytime the screen saver shows up. i've tried rolling back drivers and tried the drivers directly from evga's page with no avail, is my windows install fubar? or is something else going on?

Which ScreenSaver? Or does it happen with all of them?

Imbroglio
11-25-06, 11:42 PM
happened with all screen savers...

but now i'm getting this, and rather than rebooting, it freezes on this BSOD

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5566/picture002jf5.jpg

crainger
11-26-06, 01:08 AM
Are you overclocking or have overclocked? Overheating? New hardware?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329284

Maybe also try updating the motherboard drivers and/or bios.

Imbroglio
11-26-06, 11:11 AM
well, nothing is overclocked, no buses, nothing.

as far as new hardware, i just got back another 7950gt after a resistor went bad on the last one i had (whining noise in 3d). i don't know though, cause i ran 3dmark06, CoH, CS:S, NWN2 with no issues what-so-ever, but the second i leave the computer alone and the screen saver kicks in, i come back and this bsod is up.

i'm going to try memtest, as microsoft states that memory might have gone bad, if that is fine, i'm gonna reset my bios jumpers as something may not have gotten set correctly, or like the screen states, i probably turned caching on somewhere. :(

i hope it's not the vid card.... again.

Imbroglio
11-26-06, 01:29 PM
well ran through 3 passes of memtest with 0 errors, so i then went into bios to see if i had any caching set, i didn't. but one thing i did notice is that under SLI jumperfree configuration, i didn't have sli set to be detected by the jumper, instead set in bios, so it was still set to dual video cards, i changed it to single video card and i've let it go into screen saver several times with no errors. thanks for your help crainger, i feel like an idiot atm :o

crainger
11-26-06, 04:01 PM
LOL

No problems Imbroglio. Glad to hear it's all sorted :D