PDA

View Full Version : Bad Axe 2 In Stock

Blacklash
11-26-06, 08:45 AM
Newegg has the Bad Axe 2 in stock for 329 :p and ZZF has it for 269usd with free 2 day FedEx if you pay via Paypal. This is the one with the three year warranty not the OEM one year warranty board. It supposed to optimized for Kentsfield. Some places may have it cheaper than ZZF and will jack you up with shipping.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=241400&prodlist=froogle

Review:

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4111&s=1

malachi1313
11-26-06, 07:41 PM
Was a little leary of some of the stuff going on with the 680i chipset and went with this instead. Should arrive next week sometime along with:
e6600
2 Gigs Corsair DDR2 800Mhz C4
8800 GTX

Doubage
11-26-06, 08:12 PM
Based on that review it could have potential.
It would not take much to surpass #1 lol.

stevemedes
11-26-06, 08:49 PM
if you are waiting for ATI's next chip and want a nice C2D/Crossfire board, this is it.

malachi1313
11-27-06, 11:30 PM
My C2D and BADAX2 are inbound and should be here on Friday!!:super: :super:

Blacklash
11-29-06, 11:27 PM
Bah, I ordered mine over the weekend from ZZF. It still hasn't shipping. They weren't answering the phone when I called today during business hours and haven't returned my e-mail. Wish Newegg wasn't asking such a ridiculous price.

Blacklash
11-30-06, 11:02 AM
BTW if you want the latest BIOS for this board and software support it's linked below. Just select your OS and go:

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=2578

Blacklash
12-05-06, 05:13 PM
Got the BX2 and thus far I'd say if you already have a good 975X board skip it. I am seriously entertaining the idea of rolling back to a P5B Deluxe due to the way my memory performed on it and the way it recovered from failed overclocks.

When you go from motherboards that effortlessly recover from a bad OC to having to play with the CMOS jumper again, it's no fun.

My Asus board would just stop at post and tell me to enter the BIOS to check it when I screwed up. With the Abit you could turn off the PSU for 5-10secs and it would reset.

Also enthusiast motherboards should not default the <insert expletive here> ram to 1.84v. Most high performance ram requires more to be stable even at very tame settings. So everytime my BIOS goes to default I have to pull a stick of ram in order to post. 1.84v on this board is not enough to fire up both my sticks in dual channel mode even @ 5-5-5-15.

I am wondering if this board is undervolting or if the Abit was overvolting as the ram would post with default voltage in the Abit which claimed to be below 1.9v.

I'll formulate a solid opinion about the BX2 when my new HSF arrives. Right now there are odd little things I dislike intensely. If it does well on the 1333 strap I'll endure it. That is why I decided to try it. I wanted to experiment with ram at high speed on a 975X which would require just that, a 1333 strap. Currently I don't feel like playing with the CMOS jumper and pulling a stick in and out every time my OC fails and I have to go to default settings to boot.

(I need a new HSF because the head of a pin that holds down the retention plate for the Tuniq tower popped off. Why would you make a piece like that in two parts considering the tension|pressure the head is going to receive on it? In addition, I am switching to HSFs that use mounting mechs like the stock HSF and that do not require removing the motherboard to mount a back support plate. I am way tired of that.)