PDA

View Full Version : i wanted to ask you guys...

Pages : [1] 2

hirantha
11-26-06, 10:44 PM
I want to play Gears of War so badly and Im thinking of buying an Xbox just to play that game. Do you guys who love PC games (including me) validate my decision to buy one or should I wait till the game comes on for PC? what do you guys think?

|MaguS|
11-26-06, 10:46 PM
Buy an X360, there are plenty of great games for it... don't limit yourself to a single system.

hirantha
11-26-06, 10:57 PM
ok fair enough i will go check out the prices tomorrow at my local store.
Thanx for the quick reply

God Bless the PC gaming! :D

Mr. Hunt
11-26-06, 11:07 PM
I got Gears of War for an early Christmas present and I gotta say... don't buy into the hype... it is a fun game, but nowhere near the greatest game ever made like many try to act like it is. I knew the character looked like a tank... but I didn't think it would control like one also... and I hate the "A button does everything" method... sometimes I want to just jump over the wall... not put my back to it then jump, then hold the A button to run in a very tankish way.

Also... when you do get it, do yourself a favor and play only on online coop... I started singleplayer but man... it is a lot more boring than playing coop.

SH64
11-27-06, 01:17 AM
I've seen GoW on my friends house the other day & i have to say i'm quite impressed!
i think it wont be a bad decision to purchase the X360 just for this game :)

FCGD
11-27-06, 02:13 AM
no! dont do it!
stay on the pc side, where the frames are high, the mods are free and abundant, the controls are precise, and the game library is expansive (and much cheaper!) :)
think about all you have to live for man...

crainger
11-27-06, 04:38 AM
no! dont do it!
stay on the pc side, where the frames are high, the mods are free and abundant, the controls are precise, and the game library is expansive (and much cheaper!) :)
think about all you have to live for man...

Yeah... I hate the fact when you buy a 360 they make you throw away your PC.

:D

hirantha
11-27-06, 07:20 AM
ok you guys made me change my mind, i know this game is gonna be released for PC as a part of Microsoft's "Games for Windows" Program.. i think i'm gonna wait!!
Never Console PC Forever!!:D

sytaylor
11-27-06, 07:48 AM
Dear God, what a stupid thread.

nekrosoft13
11-27-06, 08:35 AM
I want to play Gears of War so badly and Im thinking of buying an Xbox just to play that game. Do you guys who love PC games (including me) validate my decision to buy one or should I wait till the game comes on for PC? what do you guys think?

GOW is ok, but really nothing special, playing with a gamepad is such a pain.

yes yes i did play the game

FCGD
11-27-06, 09:37 AM

<3 <3 <3 <3

Namrok
11-27-06, 09:42 AM
GoW, played Coop, is the most fun I've had in a long, long time. Single player however, it gets downright painful. Sections seems borderline impossible, and the AI is pretty useless. Coop however, you can revive each other assuming you don't get gibbed (then its game over), you can actually use strategy to pin guys down, and all around its a more relaxed, fun experience.

agentkay
11-27-06, 09:51 AM
Yeah... I hate the fact when you buy a 360 they make you throw away your PC.

:D

I know you are joking but actually I have to say its almost the other way around (for me). Its been 3 weeks the last time I powered up my 360 and it slowly but surely looks like the worst entertainment purchase of the year to me. Its a shame because I like it for its unique games and nice gameplay but I guess Im not enough into consoles to actually play it more. Im waiting for Forza 2 next year and if I dont play it more often by then, Ill consider selling it.

sytaylor
11-27-06, 02:31 PM

With the whole cover system, the pad works better, its like the MGS type system. Stop snobbing.

Zelda_fan
11-27-06, 02:37 PM

an XBOX360 is a great system. There are plenty of great games for it.

nekrosoft13
11-27-06, 02:39 PM
I know you are joking but actually I have to say its almost the other way around (for me). Its been 3 weeks the last time I powered up my 360 and it slowly but surely looks like the worst entertainment purchase of the year to me. Its a shame because I like it for its unique games and nice gameplay but I guess Im not enough into consoles to actually play it more. Im waiting for Forza 2 next year and if I dont play it more often by then, Ill consider selling it.

i bought xbox just for PGR2, after i finished that game, i never played a single xbox game on it again, currently is my cheapo media center.

i wanted to buy 360 just for PGR3, but so far i don't see a point to spending 400 bucks to play a single game.

nekrosoft13
11-27-06, 02:41 PM
With the whole cover system, the pad works better, its like the MGS type system. Stop snobbing.

just wait for live anywhere, and if shooters games come out that play on 360 and PC, it will be carnage.

all consolers will get destroyed

MaXThReAT
11-27-06, 02:46 PM
PC FTMFW. Same as the rest don't do it man or you'll end up like agentkay, using it every 3 weeks. Unless you have one kick ass HD tv system just wait for the PC ver.

Epyx
11-27-06, 04:01 PM
Unless you have one kick ass HD tv system just wait for the PC ver.

And even if you do have an HD system you can hook up your pc to it as well! I have a 42" westinghouse (1920x1080)in the bedroom and a Sony 50" (1280x720) in the livingroom. PC gaming has never looked better!

OWA
11-27-06, 04:05 PM
The hardest part is just getting use to playing a game like GoW with a controller. If you're not use to it, it's pretty frustrating. So, unless you have other games that you want for the X360, I'd wait for the PC version.

hirantha
11-27-06, 04:07 PM
And even if you do have an HD system you can hook up your pc to it as well! I have a 42" westinghouse (1920x1080)in the bedroom and a Sony 50" (1280x720) in the livingroom. PC gaming has never looked better!

Living large!! nice!!

Yeah ive decide to maybe borrow someone's 360 Thanx for all you guys inputs! saved me $400! :D

crainger
11-27-06, 06:08 PM

Same here. I have a few of the essential games. Like Dead Rising, Saint Row and DOA4 for kicks. I played them obsessively until I finished, but I haven't touched the 360 in quiet a bit except to play the odd demo. I plan to grab GoW, but I'm finding I plan my 360 purchases around sales. Here in AU 360 games are $120AUD on release. Thats roughly $90USD (Compared to $70AUD for PC). So even 10% off is worth waiting for.

evilchris
11-27-06, 06:27 PM

Can you diagram how to hook my pc up to my 70" Sony and play it comfortably? Do I use TV trays for the K+M? Set a desk in front of the couches/chairs?

J-Mag
11-27-06, 06:54 PM
Can you diagram how to hook my pc up to my 70" Sony and play it comfortably? Do I use TV trays for the K+M? Set a desk in front of the couches/chairs?

Why not use a wireless gamepad?

agentkay
11-27-06, 07:34 PM

Wireless keyboard on the lap and wireless mouse sits on the arm rest of the sofa or the sofa "seat" next to you.

Here is a little illustration of what I mean.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=22402&stc=1&d=1164674011