PDA

View Full Version : Need urgent monitor advice

Tuork
11-26-06, 10:56 PM
'sup all... here's my latest query for you...

What are your thoughts on this monitor:

Samsung SyncMaster 715V 17" LCD Monitor (http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SyncMaster-715V-Monitor-Black/dp/tech-data/B0002X8TWQ/ref=de_a_smtd/104-8327107-4493549)

I know it's kinds oldie, but they are offering it to me for a STRAIGHT UP TRADE for my old samsung 997DF 19" CRT monitor.

The reason the other guy wants to get rid of it is because he is a gamer and that monitor will not suffice him.

I currently have a benq 20" lcd, so this would be my secondary monitor... or a replacement for my parent's benq fp757 that recently crapped out (will see if it is worth repairing).

I need urgent comments on this seeing as reviews I found were pretty old.

Danke.

j0j081
11-27-06, 07:18 AM
looks okay for everyday use, if you don't need your crt for gaming anymore (I have the same one) go for it I guess. I am waiting to buy a Samsung 931bw for gaming once they come back in stock at Best Buy.

Bearclaw
11-27-06, 11:49 AM
Looks good. One thing thst caught my eye was the response time..wow..25ms. Kind of high there.

Tuork
11-27-06, 06:40 PM
Yeah, the response is kinda high, but it won't be my main monitor... for that I have a benq fp202. :)

I'd basically use it to goof around and extend my desktop. Can come quite handy now that I'm going more into design at school.

More so, if I can't fix my parent's monitor, this would go to them... so everyday use is no problem.

I'm trying to milk out something else from the trade, seeing as the guy is a gamer and all... will let you know