PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion - Money

Capt. Picard
11-27-06, 12:00 AM
After I had finished the main quest and retrieved the Amulet of Kings I also looted Cameran's corpse for his magical robe that is worth about 8000 gold. But nobody (in the Imperial city at least) has enough money to buy it from me at the appropriate price. This has nothing to do with haggling. All the merchants only has a budget of between 600 - 1200 gold. Isn't there anybody with a big enough budget to pay the proper money? I'm at level 9 now.

Oh and the Arena ROCKS!!!!

I only dicovered the Arena after I had finished the main quest. Duh!! was I blind or what?

Bearclaw
11-27-06, 12:50 AM
After I had finished the main quest and retrieved the Amulet of Kings I also looted Cameran's corpse for his magical robe that is worth about 8000 gold. But nobody (in the Imperial city at least) has enough money to buy it from me at the appropriate price. This has nothing to do with haggling. All the merchants only has a budget of between 600 - 1200 gold. Isn't there anybody with a big enough budget to pay the proper money? I'm at level 9 now.

Oh and the Arena ROCKS!!!!

I only dicovered the Arena after I had finished the main quest. Duh!! was I blind or what?
Haha, ya the arena rocks. I spent an hour or so just doing every single battle. I loved it.

I have never beaten the game, I just do side stuff and other random stuff. I couldn't tell you, sorry, haha.

jolle
11-27-06, 01:35 AM
I got stuff for like 15k, havent found anyone with more than 2k tho, the blacksmith in Anvil..

Becoming
11-27-06, 03:35 AM
I think you have to max out your Mercantile skill to sell stuff that expensive. I've never bothered, but I think once you get high enough in that you can invest in a store and give the merchant more money to be able to buy stuff with. Sounds weird at first, but when you think about being able to sell off any hugely expensive stuff you make or find it may end up being worth it (depending on how you play). Like I said though, I haven't done that yet so I'm not sure of what any of the restrictions or quirks of investing in a merchant are (or how much higher you can raise their cash).