PDA

View Full Version : OMFG!!! WiC looks BAD @$$!!!

Redeemed
11-27-06, 04:23 AM
Have you guys heard of this game? I just checked my e-mail and saw a blurp about it from Sierra. After watching the videos I'm hooked!

Here's a link to the section of the site with the videos- check 'em out!

http://www.worldinconflict.com/main/videos.html

This is definitely getting bought soon as it is released! :D

--Edit--

Okay, when I made this thread I thought I was in the gaming forum.

I didn't look to closely to which forum I was in and as such I apologize for my mistake.

Could a mod or admin please move this to the appropriate forum? Thank you and again I apologize for this mistake. :(

crainger
11-27-06, 04:31 AM
LOL you suck at the internet...

Redeemed
11-27-06, 04:48 AM
LOL you suck at the internet...

:lol2:

Thanks. With friends like you who needs enemies? :p

crainger
11-27-06, 04:52 AM
:lol2:

Thanks. With friends like you who needs enemies? :p

Just one big happy family. :D

Cyant
11-27-06, 04:58 AM
I don't think it look that great... The textures are way too flats. It look like a game from 2 years ago.

This look better: http://www.quakewars.com/

Good video here with the devs... last 38 minutes: http://www.planetquake4.net/download.php?op=fileid&from=ros&lid=2333

Redeemed
11-27-06, 04:59 AM
Just one big gay family. :D

Corrected that, -=Gib McCrainger=-. ;)

Redeemed
11-27-06, 05:02 AM
I don't think it look that great... The textures are way too flats. It look like a game from 2 years ago.

This look better: http://www.quakewars.com/

Good video here with the devs... last 38 minutes: http://www.planetquake4.net/download.php?op=fileid&from=ros&lid=2333

It isn't the graphics that have me hyped, but the gameplay instead.

This is one thing I loved so much about OFP- It was America vs. the Soviets. Super power vs. super power. The action and gameplay was intense and intriguing to say the least.

As such, this looks to be even more intriguing as the conflict is actually taking place on American soil. Maybe it is cause I am American, but this game is the only upcomming RTS game that has my interest.

Cyant
11-27-06, 05:34 AM
The gameplay just look good because of the way the scripted camera fly around the map. In a real game the camera won't move that way and I am prety sure it will be a lot more dull, a couple of jeeps / tanks / and a bunch of soldier croutching shooting each other with some planes and helicopters flying around.

I mean look at the Battlefield 2142 intro when you launch the game. Look awesome too but the gameplay is not that impressive. It's a good game yes, but nowhere as impressive and dramatic as the intro when you launch the game.

Cyant
11-27-06, 05:40 AM
If you like RTS you surely heard about Supreme Commander?
http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/supremecommander/open/landing.aspx

Ok yeah it's futuristic, it's a lot different than what you linked but any real RTS lovers loved Total Annihilation right? Well this is basicly TA2. And the beta is now open to all, just need a free Fileplanet account.

Redeemed
11-27-06, 06:10 AM
Okay, I'm not really a huge RTS fan.

In fact, I used to avoid all RTS titles like the plague... untill my friend convinced me to play BFME. Now, I'm hooked to both BFME and BFMEII, as well as AoEIII. But those are the only three RTS titles that have ever really interested me.

As far as futuristic combat, I prefer that in the first person (as in a first person shooter). Modern combat I can handle in RTS, though I'd prefer it in the first person as well.

This game, how ever, just strikes me as being awesome. And a lot of that was actual in game footage. Sure, the camera wont pan around like it was, but it wont be idle either- you'll be able to move around the map.

And it does look as if there are going to be tons of units on the screen, plus deformable (almost) everything.

Though, I must confess, at first I had hoped this was a new shooter (when I saw the Seattle invasion trailer). I also hoped that would be the in-game graphics. Oh well. :(

Still looks to be an awesome and addictive title- atleast to me it does anyways. ;)

crainger
11-27-06, 09:11 AM
This game is going to be good. They guys at Massive who did the Ground Control series are behind it and they were great RTSes that focused on the unit and strategies rather than the base building.

BTW the camera controls in both those games were awesome and could easily be setup to do some nice cinematic panning, flyovers and tracking.

If you have never played Ground Control. Do so now.

LycosV
11-27-06, 06:13 PM
RTS games without base building = the devil
Just thought I should make that clear.

jolle
11-27-06, 06:13 PM
Supposed to support DX10 I hear.

Redeemed
11-27-06, 07:19 PM
RTS games without base building = the devil
Just thought I should make that clear.

I think I know what you mean.

I'm sure you'll have bases and the ability to create new ones in this game. I couldn't see why not.

I'm just curious as to how large each map will be.

Look at Alan Wake, in some aspects the graphics are awesome- in others they aren't. A great example would be the vehicles in that game, they look pretty blah compared to most everything else. Also, some of the buildings don't look quite up to date graphically.

But, on the flip side you have an extremely huge environment in which you can navigate around.

I'm hoping it'll be the same for this game. I'm hoping the one of the main reasons for the lower graphics quality will be due to huge outdoor environments. That would be rather awesome. :D Plus, fully deformable everything on top of that with tons of units all over the screen- that'd be a fair trade off for lower graphics. :D Atleast, in my opinion it would.

LycosV
11-28-06, 01:30 AM
My base building comment was more directed towards the mention of Ground Control. I don't really know enough about this game to comment but I'll look more at it later.

Redeemed
11-28-06, 04:46 PM
My base building comment was more directed towards the mention of Ground Control. I don't really know enough about this game to comment but I'll look more at it later.

I guess another reason I'm so stoked about this game is it puts the war directly on our (American) soil. Never before have I played a game such as this (except for an old DOS/ Win3.1 Gettysburg RTS :D ). Also, I would imagine the multiplayer on such a game would rock. The ability to coordinate tank attacks and air strikes, etc. That will be so sweet. It was beyond fun in OFP, though that game was a bit bugy.

Wel, time will tell just how awesome this game is.

crainger
11-28-06, 05:10 PM
Play Red Alert 2.

Ruskies invade the US.

UDawg
11-28-06, 07:46 PM
This game reminds me or Red Dawn.

WOLVERINES!