PDA

View Full Version : I've done something very stupid :(

Tuork
11-27-06, 09:31 PM
I sold my BFG 6800GT OC AGP 4 days ago..... and I just realized I made a grave mistake.

Don't get me wrong, I am all about upgrading, but it's something pretty hard to do due to my location (no, not localhost! :p, outside the US).

I've been debating whether or not to get an xbox360, but decided to upgrade instead... and now I regret it.

My sister was coming from NY over christmas and I was hoping she could bring me the parts I wanted (7950GT, E6300, board, memory)... however, I had not realized how much space they take up in luggage. :(. I think she won't be able to bring me the parts I need.

Xbox has plenty interesting games, whereas GOOD pc games are hard to come by (at least the ones I like).

Now onto my question:
Would I actually be downgrading having gone from a 6800GT to a 6800XT AGP?

Reason I ask is because I just might buy a replacement AGP card and go bite the bullet and get an xbox.

What do you guys think?

(There's actually a slim chance I can get the parts.. but's it's not going to be pretty)

DarkJedi664
11-27-06, 09:32 PM
The XT is more like a vanilla 6800 than anything; so yes, you would be downgrading; however, if it's to get back up and running, then by all means.

Tuork
11-27-06, 09:42 PM
The XT is more like a vanilla 6800 than anything; so yes, you would be downgrading; however, if it's to get back up and running, then by all means.

Yeah, it would basically be in order to get my system up and running (currently using my mom's lappy - hooked to my 20.1", might I add :)).

I just want something that will let me get by in computer games (namely crysis).

I know it's going to be a REQUIREMENT *****, but I did manage to play FarCry on a ti4200, so I'm confident I'll at least get to play it (no Uber eye candy, though).

Come to think of it... Crysis is the only reason I'm still hanging on to PC gaming.