PDA

View Full Version : G80 IQ comparisons

nekrosoft13
11-27-06, 11:25 PM
couple weeks ago some people post links to G80 IQ comparisons.

i can't seem to find the links, could someone post them again

Blacklash
11-28-06, 12:47 AM
couple weeks ago some people post links to G80 IQ comparisons.

i can't seem to find the links, could someone post them again

Not sure precisely what you are after. The below page @ the Techreport does a good job of illustrating its filtering vs the 7 series and the X1950.

http://techreport.com/reviews/2006q4/geforce-8800/index.x?pg=6

After 6, try pages 7 and 8 for AA.

john19055
11-28-06, 02:59 AM
I think Nvidia caught up with ATI and passed them in I.Q. ,just IMO.

RejZoR
11-28-06, 04:00 AM
Well, just look at the flower power tunnel... Also using 16x FSAA at those framerates is very impressive.

MJO80
11-28-06, 07:24 AM
How about the IQ in 2D mode?
In other words, how does it look on the windows desktop for example?

I have always been a fan of matrox and Ati, because of their excellent IQ in these situations.
But how does the G80 compare with matrox and Ati?

BTW: Does anyone know whether or not this has been tested in any reviews online?

crainger
11-28-06, 07:26 AM
I don't think it has been tested, but I didn't notice any difference in 2D quality coming from my 7900GTs

I do feel there is an increase in the speed though. After putting in the 8800GTX windows just feels more snappy. I dunno if it's from going from an sli setup or if the 8800GTX is actually faster though.

I think Nvidia caught up with ATI and passed them in I.Q. ,just IMO.

Passed them and left them for dead. :)

Ancient
11-28-06, 09:16 AM

I have always been a fan of matrox and Ati, because of their excellent IQ in these situations.

BTW: Does anyone know whether or not this has been tested in any reviews online?
Going from a 6800GT to an 8800GTS it seemed that text was a bit sharper on the desktop with the 8800. I didn't take screenshots and analyse pixels though so it's just a subjective opinion.

Absolution
11-28-06, 04:47 PM

I've never noticed a difference between IQ in 2d. I highly doubt there is one to be honest, not since the days of tnt... I cant notice a difference between my gf4 ti 4600, gf4 mx 400 and a 7800 GTX.

radekhulan
11-28-06, 07:55 PM
There is no difference in 2D when using DVI-D for any latest ATi/NVIDIA cards. You might notice something on old analog connections though.

Dazz
11-28-06, 08:43 PM
That might be why i never noticed Digital all the way :)

Q
11-28-06, 08:56 PM
I've never noticed a difference between IQ in 2d. I highly doubt there is one to be honest, not since the days of tnt... I cant notice a difference between my gf4 ti 4600, gf4 mx 400 and a 7800 GTX.

You can usually tell the difference over analog...especially in some crappy cards. The GF4 MX had HORRIBLE 2d quality for the two cards I owned. I moved to a 9700Pro which was superior in every measure of the word. Since then its only been minor upgrades in clarity through each generation for both ATI and NV. Then again, I'm very picky and notice stuff like that.