PDA

View Full Version : Kutaragi out, Hirai in.

|MaguS|
11-30-06, 10:11 AM
Best move Sony has done in a LONG time. Seriously, I love the original Playstation but this mans mouth gets the company into more trouble then anything else. Hirai is a great guy and doesn't spout anything retarded like Kutaragi.

Kutaragi, Thanks for the Playstation now move on....

http://www.digitalworldtokyo.com/2006/11/kutaragi_removed_from_job_in_s.php

Badboy_12345
11-30-06, 10:13 AM
seems like people at sony doesnt like what happened to the ps3 :p
I agree with em :D

ps1 and ps2 were great but ps3 just took a dive in the totally wrong direction

Namrok
11-30-06, 10:19 AM
Hirai strikes Kutaragi's weakpoint for massive damage!

This move assures the joke will never die.

Never!

Hex
11-30-06, 11:05 AM
Hirai strikes Kutaragi's weakpoint for massive damage!

This move assures the joke will never die.

Never!

In the same tiny minds that have a stock of o rly pictures saved and have a dance mix of all your base belong to us queued up 24/7...
I do not think Ken is much caring either considering that no matter how some sites want to spin it, he still not a promotion.

Redshirt #24
11-30-06, 11:16 AM
I do not think Ken is much caring either considering that no matter how some sites want to spin it, he still not a promotion.
<read> Okay...

Well, the man does still have a job at SCEI...and yes, he will still be making mad money as some sort of division head. But Ken Kutaragi is still basically being unceremoniously shoved aside, and perhaps even minimalized in the long run--which may actually be worse for people at that level of management than simply being fired.

Hex
11-30-06, 11:26 AM
You are correct, it is perception.
I honestly will say he is mostly in my opinion in a position to bide time now until he retires.
My issue though is how many people slant this as negative, and say "oooh oooh massive damage snicker snicker" instead of admitting that Sony is making moves to move things forward instead of just talking about it.

Redshirt #24
11-30-06, 11:35 AM
Oh, nobody's doubting Sony's actual intentions. They almost literally had to do something at this point. I don't think anybody's actually called it a bad move, either (except maybe Kutaragi himself behind closed doors)...it's a sign that they at least want to do better, and that's good.

But come on...we've got to rag on them (or perhaps more accurately on Kutaragi-san). It's what we do. :D

evilchris
11-30-06, 12:24 PM
You are correct, it is perception.
I honestly will say he is mostly in my opinion in a position to bide time now until he retires.
My issue though is how many people slant this as negative, and say "oooh oooh massive damage snicker snicker" instead of admitting that Sony is making moves to move things forward instead of just talking about it.

Are you a major stockholder of Sony?

msxyz
11-30-06, 02:28 PM
promoveatur ut amoveatur or, in other words, you give someone a new job to keep him away from where you don't want him to be. If I were in Kutaragi shoes, I would probably leave Sony. That would make some massive damage to Sony image.

I'm quite convinced that some factors that influenced the PS3 development were imposed by the marketing droids and now he is paying also for their bad moves. He is outspoken but it's Sony fault to have an engineer handle PR meetings. It shouldn't surprise anyone if he's better at designing a piece of electronic equipment rather than selling it. Btw Kaz position is being taken by Jack Tretton which went on record saying that the Killzone 2 trailer was using ingame graphics. Niiice

rek075
11-30-06, 03:38 PM
Isn't Kaz Hirai is the guy known for the lackluster Sony E3 showing in 2006.

"Riiiiiiiiiiddddddddddgggggge Racer!"

IMO Sony needs someone brand new for the position, similar to what Reggie did for Nintendo.

LiquidX
11-30-06, 04:00 PM
Sounds like a good move. Kutaragi just came off very clueless and careless with his talk of late. If anything Phil Harrison should be running the whole Playstation division because he seems the most competent.

slick
11-30-06, 07:28 PM
One small step for SCEI, one giant leap for the gaming industry.

|MaguS|
11-30-06, 07:42 PM
Sounds like a good move. Kutaragi just came off very clueless and careless with his talk of late. If anything Phil Harrison should be running the whole Playstation division because he seems the most competent.

I honestly think Kutaragi was the only bad apple in SCE, he came off as just not caring for the Playstation as a game console and more as technology while the others actually cared to try and improve the gaming devision.

Marvel_us
11-30-06, 10:56 PM
Kaz doesn't know s**t about hardware though.

Kutaragi is an engineer so he probably will still have his 2cents in the Playstation hardware. He should keep his dumb comments to himself. Kaz needs to either get someone to help write his speeches or fire the person who does that. The corny lines make him look like a real newb.

Phil Harrison is really the only one I like out of the three but I still think Sony needs some new faces...........my graduation is not too far off Sony :::hint hint::::p

|MaguS|
11-30-06, 11:17 PM
Hirai might not know about Hardware but he knows about software and marketing. Sure he says corny lines but its better then just plainly saying stupid ****.

Hirai knows about software and how to deal with people rather then telling them they are wrong and Sony is always right.

evilchris
11-30-06, 11:21 PM
Hirai might not know about Hardware but he knows about software and marketing. Sure he says corny lines but its better then just plainly saying stupid ****.

Hirai knows about software and how to deal with people rather then telling them they are wrong and Sony is always right.
Sony's display group could teach the playstation group or whatever it's called a thing or two. Let the technology do the talking.

Marvel_us
11-30-06, 11:25 PM
Most of the time doesn't Kaz do the software presentations though?

The keynote at TGS 06(i think) by Kutaragi was a nice place where Kaz could've stepped in. Other than that I think the biggest presentation Kutaragi had was at the PS3 unveilding at E3 2005 which I thought wasn't bad since all he did was talk about the PS3 hardware.

Bad_Boy
12-01-06, 01:25 AM
Phil Harrison is usually the main software guy; probably the coolest guy @ sony imo.