PDA

View Full Version : Motorstorm E3 Render vs. Actual

rek075
12-01-06, 12:18 PM
I saw this interesting clip on Gametrailers.com

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=15401&type=wmv

The actual gameplay still looks quite impressive IMO, but does anyone know if Sony actual promised this kind of experience based on the target render? I know they promised what they showed for Killzone (actually I believe they said it would look better than the render), and it will be interesting to compare those when it comes out, but I'm curious whether they made the same kind of promise for Motorstorm? I only ask because I don't understand why Gametrailers would make this kind of comparison unless it was to make a point.

|MaguS|
12-01-06, 01:20 PM
I cant recall any remakrs from Sony being made about it being gameplay video... I think they said it was a target video. Killzone 2 was the only one that was said to be ingame...

Gaco
12-01-06, 01:47 PM
I cant recall any remakrs from Sony being made about it being gameplay video... I think they said it was a target video. Killzone 2 was the only one that was said to be ingame...
Even in that case, it is perfectly eligible, if not necessary, to redicule Sony/the developer/whoever said it for making such a bad estimation - oops! :rolleyes:

ENU291
12-01-06, 02:07 PM
I personally think that Motorstorm looks like a suped up version of Flatout 2. I played Flatout 2 the other day with all graphic options maxed out and it looked pretty similar.

PeterJensen
12-01-06, 02:08 PM
Did anny one really think that E3 video was real....i mean, it came from Sony...

PeterJensen
12-01-06, 02:09 PM
I personally think that Motorstorm looks like a suped up version of Flatout 2. I played Flatout 2 the other day with all graphic options maxed out and it looked pretty similar.

Flatout 2 looks just as good, but thats not a bad thing :) I like Flatout 2 :o

stncttr908
12-01-06, 02:33 PM
FlatOut 2 looks damn good @ 1600x1200 w/4x AA & 8x AF, but saying it looks as good as MotorStorm will seems a bit preposterous.

PeterJensen
12-01-06, 02:46 PM
FlatOut 2 looks damn good @ 1600x1200 w/4x AA & 8x AF, but saying it looks as good as MotorStorm will seems a bit preposterous.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/x-speed69/FlatOut2_2006-07-08_22-10-06-65.jpg

But i guess it's a matter of taste, but they are IMO damn close.

Marvel_us
12-01-06, 02:59 PM
While not the CG vid shown I think this game still looks damn good.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/748/748621/motorstorm-20061201080047778.jpg

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748488/imgs_1.html

rek075
12-01-06, 03:50 PM
Was there anything shown at E3 2005 that had actual gameplay from PS3?

Bad_Boy
12-01-06, 04:10 PM
Something tells me you havent played the PSN demo if you think Flatout (1 or 2) looks as good as motorstorm.

Marvel_us
12-01-06, 04:32 PM
Something tells me you havent played the PSN demo if you think Flatout (1 or 2) looks as good as motorstorm.

Considering most of us don't have or can't find a PS3 right now, my guess would be no.:p

|MaguS|
12-01-06, 04:36 PM

While I think the game looks good it still has a rough look to it but it doesn't detract from the actual look of the game. I think whats hurting the game so much right now is that the demo kiosks are on tiny displays and have the colors off so bad. On my TV it looks amazing in comparison, but NBA still looks like ****.

Bad_Boy
12-01-06, 04:53 PM
Considering most of us don't have or can't find a PS3 right now, my guess would be no.:p
good point. ;)
While I think the game looks good it still has a rough look to it but it doesn't detract from the actual look of the game. I think whats hurting the game so much right now is that the demo kiosks are on tiny displays and have the colors off so bad. On my TV it looks amazing in comparison, but NBA still looks like ****.
Honestly I think the demo kiosk might hurt people's opinion of the game. The screen is small and 3 inches from your face, not to mention the framerate drops in the kiosk demo are not too great. The PSStore demo is much smoother and obviously gives you a better idea of what to expect of how it will look in your home.

That said, I try to play in first person only (atleast until my hood gets bent upwards, blocking my vision). The immersion of first person is so much more fun than third. It's like a new game at that camera angle.

|MaguS|
12-01-06, 05:00 PM
I tried playing in the first person but its too chaotic for me... from the hood being in your face to the dust being kicked up I just can't drive at all. The 3rd person is less immersive but it atleast has the speed factor.

Bad_Boy
12-01-06, 05:03 PM
I tried playing in the first person but its too chaotic for me... from the hood being in your face to the dust being kicked up I just can't drive at all. The 3rd person is less immersive but it atleast has the speed factor.
Fair enough. I think I like the more chaotic feeling, but I can see why someone would prefer third person to actually see whats going on around them more. :P

Bman212121
12-01-06, 11:11 PM

I think it looks pretty good, but the demo need a little AA. There are some jaggies on the cars that are noticeable at 720p.