PDA

View Full Version : New S.T.A.L.K.E.R pics

litri
12-01-06, 02:58 PM
Hi,

Lots of new screens at http://www.tothegame.com/screenshot.asp?id=870(apologies if this was posted before).

Too many years in development and it shows it's aging, they should have focused in the technology they had at the beginning of the development process and release the game at that time, this is another PREY.

kev13dd
12-01-06, 03:08 PM
this is another PREY.
That's good. I enjoyed Prey. Looked good, kept me entertained for a day or two (although honestly at times the storyline was kinda... dumb?) so if this turns out to be another Prey it should be worth it

Hopefully they don't throw in as much cheesy dialogue as they can possible fit though...

K

AthlonXP1800
12-01-06, 03:19 PM
These new screenshots looked much better than before. It good enough for me to be tempting to get STALKER. :)

Toss3
12-01-06, 03:35 PM
I just don't understand why people keep complaining about this game. Thos e shots look amazing imho! ;)

hirantha
12-01-06, 04:44 PM
count me in!! i'm buying it!

SH64
12-01-06, 04:57 PM
Ok ok lots of screens. now please release the game itself or atleast a demo!

Mr_LoL
12-01-06, 05:04 PM
I have a feeling the final game will be buggy. THQ have put their foots down and said this game will be released next year so no more delays. I will still be picking it up though.

BioHazZarD
12-01-06, 05:29 PM
Agreed. this game has lost its "wow" factor now a few years ago it would have been cool but now its just nothing that to get excited about seeing thoose latest screenshots.. A new gothic 3 perhaps ?

CaptNKILL
12-01-06, 05:33 PM
That's good. I enjoyed Prey. Looked good, kept me entertained for a day or two (although honestly at times the storyline was kinda... dumb?) so if this turns out to be another Prey it should be worth it

Hopefully they don't throw in as much cheesy dialogue as they can possible fit though...

K
Erm, no this will be nothing like Prey.
I think he was just referring to the game being delayed a lot.

It'd probably be more accurate to compare STALKER to Oblivion.

OWA
12-01-06, 06:41 PM
Ok ok lots of screens. now please release the game itself or atleast a demo!
Ain't that the truth. I'm getting tired of waiting on it, just release it already.

kev13dd
12-01-06, 06:53 PM
Erm, no this will be nothing like Prey.
I think he was just referring to the game being delayed a lot.

It'd probably be more accurate to compare STALKER to Oblivion.
I know that he wasn't saying the game would be a duplicate of Prey

What I mean is, Prey was a great, beautiful game. So was Oblivion. So if the track record for delayed games being fun to play and worth a little time spent (Prey, Oblivion, Doom 3, Half Life *You fill in the blank*) then so will this

Anyone who allows themselves to get hyped up for a game super far in advance is just crazy. I look forward to games, but when they come out they come out. Getting excited about it before it's released always just ruins the experience for me

K

sillyeagle
12-01-06, 10:14 PM
Does S.T.A.L.K.E.R. stand for something? Whats with the 7 periods?

jAkUp
12-01-06, 10:27 PM
Wow, check it out, one minor detail I noticed is the guys veins pop out when you are firing the weapon :D

OWA
12-01-06, 10:50 PM
Does S.T.A.L.K.E.R. stand for something? Whats with the 7 periods?
From their FAQ...

Q: What is the meaning of "S.T.A.L.K.E.R"?
A: The meaning of this abbreviation is carefully hidden by the developers. Most likely, the decoding is left to be revealed in the game.

I thought I had read what it meant but when looking for it I ran across the above in their FAQ. So, I guess I was mistaken.

K007
12-02-06, 01:08 AM
http://www.tothegame.com/res/game/870/feature/2006-11-30/screen21_large.jpg

Thats nice..the shadows/etc looks very cool

Mr_LoL
12-02-06, 01:30 AM
Game looks like its going to be a bit of a chiller. Might have to have a few Gin n Tonics before I play. Does this game have HDR btw?

K007
12-02-06, 02:50 AM
Game looks like its going to be a bit of a chiller. Might have to have a few Gin n Tonics before I play. Does this game have HDR btw?

That show with the trees looks like HDR and they got AA going in it.

jlippo
12-02-06, 06:03 AM
That show with the trees looks like HDR and they got AA going in it.
I seriously doubt that Stalker has any kind of anti-aliasing as it uses deferred renderer.
There might be some post filter, but that's it.
One of the nice things we can see from the pictures is the usage of some kind of relief texturing which is much faster and robust in deferred renderer as you don't have to render it again when you render new lights.