PDA

View Full Version : BenqQFP241W?

Blacklash
12-02-06, 07:49 AM
Anyone have it yet and what are your opinions on it?

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2006/11/07/Benq_FP241W/1.html

retsam
12-02-06, 08:37 AM
i will never buy anything benq, ever...

ViN86
12-02-06, 09:16 AM
:wtf:

my brother and i both have benq monitors and they are perfect
no dead pixels, no backlight bleeding, theyre beautiful monitors,

regarding the FP241W, that thing is incredible. much better than the 2407fpw imo. of course, the extra comes at a premium $$$$.

if you get it, put a review up cause id love to hear from a consumer about it.

Mr_LoL
12-02-06, 10:22 AM
This monitor looks good especially with those ports. I still want the 3007 though.

Blacklash
12-02-06, 11:43 AM

I know nothing about them. Why the dislike?

Mr_LoL
12-02-06, 12:43 PM
A much better review here http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/benq_fp241w.htm
The lack of Lack of 1:1 Pixel Mapping on the original is worrying but apparently benq are working on a fix. You will have to send the screens back to benq though for this to be applied.

verboten
12-02-06, 01:07 PM
I have heard that the QFP241W is pretty decent but I have had my eye on the Gateway FPD2485W - 24" HD LCD. It has 1:1 Mode. Here is a disscusion on it here

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1114872&page=1&pp=20

High-definition support for 1080p through DVI-D with HDCP; 1 DVI-D, 1 VGA, 2 component video, 1 composite video and 1 S-video inputs
Enhanced video processing with DCDi by Faroudja for decreased jagged lines and a fluid picture
Dynamic and transparent adjustable picture-in-picture and soft picture-in-picture modes
Stand features a built-in, 4-port USB hub to connect additional components
Digital on-screen image controls with touch-sensitive buttons and power button
Antiglare, hard-coat screen treatment
Wall-mountable with optional mounting kit (not included); 2.75" profile without base

tacos4me
12-02-06, 01:36 PM
Looks like a really nice monitor to me. I'd probably get that over a 2407, just for that HDMI port.

Q
12-02-06, 01:51 PM
If you care about picture quality, you wouldn't buy the BenQ or the Dell. Or any other VA derivative monitor.

Only buy IPS panels if you care about quality. Period.

Read this:
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=1745344&enterthread=y

Then use this to find IPS panels:
http://www.prad.de/en/guide/ausstattung_auswahl.html

Recommendations:
NEC LCD2690WUXi or NEC LCD2490WUXi when they come out. It's going to be the first big IPS panel released in a long time. The only big AS-IPS variant. (The new IPS tech) Looks like good specs, too, especially in color reproduction. HDCP

HP L2335 is an AWESOME monitor. If you can find it. (Discontinued) No HDCP though.

ViewSonic VP231wb is good but pricey. Has HDCP.

Bearclaw
12-02-06, 03:35 PM
I haven't heard much about it. I have had my eye on the 2407 for quite a while now.

superklye
12-02-06, 03:45 PM
I really want dual 3007FWPs and hopefully in a few months once the fat checks from the new job start a-rollin' in, I plan on getting them. :)

Roadhog
12-02-06, 04:25 PM
If you care about picture quality, you wouldn't buy the BenQ or the Dell. Or any other VA derivative monitor.

Only buy IPS panels if you care about quality. Period.

Read this:
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=1745344&enterthread=y

Then use this to find IPS panels:
http://www.prad.de/en/guide/ausstattung_auswahl.html

Recommendations:
NEC LCD2690WUXi or NEC LCD2490WUXi when they come out. It's going to be the first big IPS panel released in a long time. The only big AS-IPS variant. (The new IPS tech) Looks like good specs, too, especially in color reproduction. HDCP

HP L2335 is an AWESOME monitor. If you can find it. (Discontinued) No HDCP though.

ViewSonic VP231wb is good but pricey. Has HDCP.

both of my dell 2007's are S-IPS Panels...

Q
12-02-06, 05:23 PM

I bought one for my girl. It's a fricken sweet screen for the size.

Buuut....

Its a crap shoot with the 2007WFPs. Some are IPS and are some of the best screens I've ever seen. Others, though, are some of the worst PVAs on the market. It's hard to recommend the monitor because of that. Of course, you can always bitch Dell out until you get what you want. :D

If you can get a good deal on the 2007 and want to take a chance, GO FOR IT. They are very, very good monitors when you get an IPS panel.

Bearclaw
12-02-06, 06:21 PM
I really want dual 3007FWPs and hopefully in a few months once the fat checks from the new job start a-rollin' in, I plan on getting them. :)
Wow, thats a lot of screen. I had dual monitors a while back. It was fun for a while but I wouldn't do it again. I just gets annoying after a while. I would rather have a big single screen.

I woud advise you to wait for a Dell 6007FWP. Hahaha.

einstein_314
12-02-06, 07:07 PM
QFT. I don't know what it is. But I too will never own one. Well, maybe. But I guess I've always associated them with lower end stuff.

How do you tell if it is an S-IPS? Because my Rev A03 Dell 2407WFP totally blows me away. The viewing angle on it is insane. Like virtually 180 degrees. No joke. Every PVA panel I've ever had/seen sucks for viewing angles. As soon as you move your head away from the center the image gets dark or bright and washed out. It is teh suck. But my Dell is outstanding. And the colour reproduction is awesome too. This kind of makes me think it is an S-IPS panel...but I didn't think they were using any of them in the 2407s.

Roadhog
12-02-06, 08:02 PM
QFT. I don't know what it is. But I too will never own one. Well, maybe. But I guess I've always associated them with lower end stuff.

How do you tell if it is an S-IPS? Because my Rev A03 Dell 2407WFP totally blows me away. The viewing angle on it is insane. Like virtually 180 degrees. No joke. Every PVA panel I've ever had/seen sucks for viewing angles. As soon as you move your head away from the center the image gets dark or bright and washed out. It is teh suck. But my Dell is outstanding. And the colour reproduction is awesome too. This kind of makes me think it is an S-IPS panel...but I didn't think they were using any of them in the 2407s.

If it turns slightly purple at extreme viewing angles than its an S-IPS.. Also if the monitor code shows up as an RT803 then its an S-IPS panel.

EDIT: Never mind about the RT803, that only applies to the 2007 i think.

Q
12-02-06, 08:02 PM

The 2407s are all PVA...I forget which variant. The viewing angle can be VERY good on a PVA...but then there is one problem that kills them in my opinion.

Fire up Oblivion. Make sure you have grass shodows and outdoor shadows on. Stand in the middle of some grass. Now, look at the monitor at as close to a zero degree angle as you can, both horizontally and vertically. On the majority of PVA panels you'll notice that the grass is very, very dark and you can only see one shade of green and the rest is pitch black. If you shift your head to the left or right, even just a bit, you see the rest of the color gamut. With your head shifted, it looks CRT quality. Looking straight on, it looks like trash; dark and muddy.

I look at my screen straight on, so its the first thing I notice with PVA's. Some people don't notice this at all, but IMO it makes some games unplayable.

I haven't had any personal experience with the 2407, but I've noticed this problem with several Viewsonic and NEC monitors among others. I'll take a PVA over a TN any day of the week, but this problem is show stopper for me.

Let me know if you notice it with your Dell. Oblivion makes it easy to spot, but other will do it as well. At one point I was going to buy a 2407, but I got several other, smaller, PVA panels in testing and stumbled across this issue. I'd love to find out that this panel doesn't have the issue.

Blacklash
12-03-06, 03:26 AM
Ok how about this,

Can anyone point me to a good AS-IPS 8 bit panel with a native 1920x resolution?

ViN86
12-03-06, 11:47 AM

mistaking low quality with low commercial advertisement is a mistake.