PDA

View Full Version : Asus 8200 D Strikes Again

chaos945
03-02-03, 04:13 PM
Irritation level rising, well I usually just say **** it there is nothing a fresh reinstall won't fix, but my objections to phoning Microsoft every time I want to use MY LEGIT Windows XP Pro is something to be desired.

The problem is my graphics card once again, Asus 8200 Deluxe using Geforce 3 and 64mb. What’s going on is every time i run a 3D game it starts it up then returns me to my desktop. It was working fine until I installed the Detonator 43.00 drivers then this **** started happening.

I used one of the many NVIDIA file removers, NVIDIA File Remover Version: v0.5 (Mar 02, 2003) in this case. But was originally using official Asus graphics drivers based on the 31.40 drivers before installing the 43.00's, those were uninstalled as well. I just don't know what to think now I've tried all sorts of things from refresh rate, resolution, colour depth, default settings, tweaked settings.........nothing helps. The only program that gives me a shred of what is going on is RTCW which gives me an error in the console captured in the pic below.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=81348

The card itself has been very unstable lately, freezing the screen up but eventually coming back to normal.

Click here to see my previous mayhem with this card (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7744), currently the AGP VDDQ setting is 1.5v which is default for my board. In-depth stats are listed below.

Motherboard: Asus A7N8X Deluxe
Graphics Card: Asus 8200 Deluxe, 64mb Geforce 3
Graphics Driver: 31.40H Official Asus Release
Tested Graphics Drivers: 41.09 WHQL, 43.00b
Motherboard Drivers: 1.16 Official Asus Release
BIOS: 1002.A Official Asus Release
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 151s (latest MS WHQL drivers installed)

Does anyone have a thought on this problem?

chaos945
03-02-03, 05:21 PM
After testing it 50 times Unreal 2 has finally decided to tell me WTF its problem is. Interesting and actually helpful, I am going to try to reinstall DX9, I'll post back to tell what the results were. I got this error with Directx 9 and the Asus 31.40 drivers installed.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=81359

Nope no go, still not working.

chaos945
03-02-03, 07:06 PM
After much testing the problem would not be solved, I have done a system restore on my OS partition and have reverted back to the 31.40 drivers. Everything is working fine now, but I still can't use ANY beta drivers. I suspect it has to do with my chipset since I used to use the same graphics card on another board and all the beta's worked just fine.

kyleb
03-02-03, 08:48 PM
humm, that is odd. i know lots of people have that board and no complaints. regarless, i hope you can resolve the issue as it is nice to be able to use beta drivers.

ohh and ya and i agree that winxp activation sucks, nothing like punishing us paying customers with something that pirates can easly hack. :rolleyes:

panzaman
03-03-03, 10:54 AM
I have the same card, no problems at all wit beta versions...