PDA

View Full Version : Wii surround sound setting

zoomy942
12-03-06, 08:57 PM
okay, so being the audio guy that i am; im wondering something. in the wii settings, i can choose surtround sound. now this is great, but i have an audio out of left and right channels, so this means im using dolby pro logic. thats fine too, howeverm i have it running into my surround sound system whch is also using dolby surround. with this in mind, i dont know whats the best toi use.... stereo in the wii and surrouind in my home theater or what. it'b be an easy soultion if the thing had some sort of digital out, but it doesnt.

Ruined
12-03-06, 10:32 PM
okay, so being the audio guy that i am; im wondering something. in the wii settings, i can choose surtround sound. now this is great, but i have an audio out of left and right channels, so this means im using dolby pro logic. thats fine too, howeverm i have it running into my surround sound system whch is also using dolby surround. with this in mind, i dont know whats the best toi use.... stereo in the wii and surrouind in my home theater or what. it'b be an easy soultion if the thing had some sort of digital out, but it doesnt.

I'd set the Wii to Surround Sound. Odds are this will output a signal made for DPL (i.e. out of phase info for surrounds) while Stereo will just output the signal straight with nothing intended for DPL decoding.

Zelda_fan
12-03-06, 11:06 PM

Set it to surround, and have your receiver decode it in Dolby ProLogicII Game mode.

zoomy942
12-03-06, 11:36 PM
done:) and it sounds great. now i just need those compnent cables to show up

saturnotaku
12-04-06, 07:57 AM
now i just need those compnent cables to show up

Tell me about it. Wednesday won't come soon enough.