PDA

View Full Version : 8800GTX & Mitsubishi WD-65831???????

MajestacaL
12-03-06, 10:26 PM
Ok I cannot seem to get the screen to fit my new dlp 1080p television? The tv has a pc-dvi port on the back of it! And im running a dvi-d cable from my 8800gtx to it and I cant get windows to fit the screen :( its over sized I have messed with every setting and even tried the resized to fit option with no luck. At my work I hookup up a laptop that had hdmi and used a hdmi 2 dvi from the laptop to the same tv and it works great! The lappy had a 7 series geforce card in it, is this a 8800 driver issue? I have tried dualview mode, clone mode and even single mode just using the tv and I cannot get windows to display correctly can anyone help me out? Thank you.

HeavyH20
12-03-06, 10:54 PM
You set it to the 1920x1080 resolution, correct? I had mine hooked up to a Westinghouse 1080P with no issues. You should see that res available.

If you do not see it, go to the Manage Custome TImings page. You can select HDTV modes and also define other resolutions not detected.

MajestacaL
12-03-06, 11:04 PM
Yea 1920X1080 is available but I get the same effect I just don't know whats going on ive spent the last 3 nights messing with this and can't get it to display properly! IDK whats going on?

OrangeBlast
12-04-06, 03:31 AM
I have the same exact issue with my Panasonic 62 inch plasma.

:(

I hope they fix that.

ENU291
12-04-06, 08:37 AM
Yea 1920X1080 is available but I get the same effect I just don't know whats going on ive spent the last 3 nights messing with this and can't get it to display properly! IDK whats going on?
Maybe your HDTV is set to zoom mode instead of standard. I had a similar problem (with an ATI card) but I resolved it with a driver update.

bigjohns97
12-04-06, 10:19 AM
It's not the card but your tv.

MajestacaL
12-04-06, 11:25 PM
It's not the card but your tv.

How can I get the same tv at my work to display fine but using a 7 series card?

GDDR-0
12-05-06, 01:02 AM
Welcome to overscan. Consumer TVs use a small percentage of overscan, where the edges of the picture are off the visible screen. Using overscan helps the TV makers hide some of the geometrical distortion inherent in the set. You can find more information over at avsforum.

I've heard of an advanced NVIDIA driver setting to be used to correct for overscan. Your other option is to find one of the tools that allow you to define a custom video mode. You could then create a mode that only uses the visible pixels on your TV.

Some HDTVs also have a PC-wide mode, that will scale your 1920x1080 resolution image down to the resolution of the visible pixels. This scaling may make the image less sharp than defining a custom video mode that uses only the visible pixels. Check out the various options on your WD-65831.

The use of overscan pisses me off in this age of fixed pixel HDTV displays. I want to see every damned pixel I paid for.

MajestacaL
12-05-06, 11:10 AM
Ok I have tried 2 other pcs and I can get them working correctly on this dlp! So there is no doubt in my mind its just this new 8800gtx and drivers hopefully it will be fixed in the upcoming driver releases?

Ancient
12-05-06, 11:58 AM
Overscan/underscan is not working in the 8800 drivers yet. Many others have reported this problem in here and elsewhere. You have two choices. 1) Use a non-8800 video card. 2) Wait for 8800 drivers to be released that fix the overscan/underscan issue.

bigjohns97
12-05-06, 02:14 PM
How can I get the same tv at my work to display fine but using a 7 series card?

Sounds like your found your issue, good news.

MajestacaL
12-06-06, 10:42 PM
Just wanted to give everyone a update, I got these drivers from tweaksrus "nvidia_20forceware-96.89beta-w2kxp" with 8800GTS/GTX support and everything looks beautiful on my 65" tv now! Everything is displayed properly on the screen and all my games are running great with these drivers "BF2,BF2142,WoW,FFXI" and my temps are a few degrees lower as well at idle and under load. Just wanted to give everyone a update that these drivers resolved my issues! I'm a happy camper now :D