PDA

View Full Version : 360 HD-DVD add-on noisy to you?

d2thez
12-04-06, 01:50 PM
I recently bought the 360 add-on and it works perfectly fine and I love it.....mostly. I fear though that something may be wrong with mine.

When watching movies I can clearly hear is spinning unless I turn my receiver's volume up pretty loud. It is a very audible 'whir' type sounds that lasts the duration of the movie. It is not the 360 itself or its fans.

Does anybody else get this sound? I fear something is wrong with mine. I still have the receipt, but I through away the packaging. Any hope of getting it exchanged at Circuit City (still within 30 days or purchase).

saturnotaku
12-04-06, 02:06 PM
You shouldn't have a problem getting an exchange as long as you have the receipt and everything that was in the box. Circuit City is pretty good about returns. You've probably learned now that you should hold onto the packaging for the duration of the return period. ;)

LurkerLito
12-04-06, 09:01 PM
Nope my addon seems really quiet, the 360 internal fans are definitely louder.

Ruined
12-04-06, 11:35 PM
I recently bought the 360 add-on and it works perfectly fine and I love it.....mostly. I fear though that something may be wrong with mine.

When watching movies I can clearly hear is spinning unless I turn my receiver's volume up pretty loud. It is a very audible 'whir' type sounds that lasts the duration of the movie. It is not the 360 itself or its fans.

Does anybody else get this sound? I fear something is wrong with mine. I still have the receipt, but I through away the packaging. Any hope of getting it exchanged at Circuit City (still within 30 days or purchase).

If it is really loud then you may have a defective unit. Most report the drive as near-silent; then again, there is a silm possibility that there is a drive with a different, louder motor in it.

I know the initial batch of 360 drives were made by Toshiba, but I heard future ones will be made by Lite-On also.

theultimo
12-09-06, 12:21 PM
My add-on is whisper-quiet, but the 360 has almost all 3 cores maxxed for HD-DVD playing. My 360 is much like playing a game sound wise because of this.