PDA

View Full Version : So i just godt Cod3 and GoW...

Pages : [1] 2

PeterJensen
12-04-06, 03:19 PM
well OMFG :captnkill:

If anny one here was in doubt about the two games, GET THEM NOW! :D

Well back to Gears, what a great game. I'm loving the MP also. Epic really shines.

NaitoSan
12-04-06, 04:13 PM
I have both and personally Gears of War ruined CoD3 for me. :( But CoD3's still a good game.

superklye
12-04-06, 04:49 PM
GoW is the standard I hold all FPS/action/combat games to now. The game is just amazing in every respect.

evilchris
12-04-06, 05:41 PM
BUT yOU CANT USE KEYBAORd NA MOUSe!!! loloLOLOlLOLOLolo newbv

|MaguS|
12-04-06, 05:44 PM

Oh noes! FCGD has hacked evilchris's account!

Mr. Hunt
12-04-06, 07:42 PM
I don't care for the online play in GoW except for Coop... too many grenade faggers and I just hate shooters with such small games.

OWA
12-04-06, 08:37 PM
That would definitely improve it.

evilchris
12-04-06, 08:48 PM
That would definitely improve it.

I can't see how. Controls are perfect.

OWA
12-04-06, 08:53 PM
It would help make a transition for people that aren't use to the controller. I have GoW and would like to play it but I don't have time to learn how to use the controller (become proficient at it). So, I've played it around 15-20 minutes and that was about all I could take. I don't want to compete online or anything. SP is all I'm after and if they supported a keyboard and mouse, I'd get a lot more use out of games like that.

stncttr908
12-04-06, 08:59 PM
It would help make a transition for people that aren't use to the controller. I have GoW and would like to play it but I don't have time to learn how to use the controller (become proficient at it). So, I've played it around 15-20 minutes and that was about all I could take. I don't want to compete online or anything. SP is all I'm after and if they supported a keyboard and mouse, I'd get a lot more use out of games like that.
Unfortunately for every guy like you there are probably 10 in the opposite situation.

superklye
12-04-06, 09:01 PM
hahahahahahahaha!@!! :rofl

I'm choking on water and I spilled it all over my keyboard and lap!

Anyway...GoW is helping me get a lot better with controllers...my only complaint is that the analog for your field of vision can be a bit slow and kludgy at times...especially in the heat of combat.

Zelda_fan
12-04-06, 11:48 PM

That's ok. A certain level of intelligence is required to use a controller. You simply don't have it.

Lfctony
12-04-06, 11:58 PM
Well I'm passing on CoD3, but I recently got GoW and R6V. Great games, very different, yet very similar. :)

Badboy_12345
12-05-06, 12:39 AM

its a third person shooter... a controller is perfect..
if it was an fps I would understand you somewhat but its not..
I wouldnt even want to use a mouse and kb with a third person shooter it would feel un-natural

Peoples-Agent
12-05-06, 02:25 AM

I felt that way at first with the 360 in general, but if you stick with it ....you find using the controller actually easier than keyboard and mouse. 15-20 minutes is not long enough to get close to handling it.

I couldn't imagine playing this game with kboard and mouse, especially considering the over the shoulder view, but something clicked and after that I now find it a hell of alot easier.

Don't give up on it, your find online that there were tons of people who felt the same way who only got their 360s because of this game, and already I keep spotting names pop up who I saw on their first day who now kick my ass regular.

Seems the MP side of this game gets people laughing, shouting, screaming down the mic ....unlike the usual boring muffled banter in the lobby.

Gaco
12-05-06, 04:03 AM

Look I sucked the first 1-2 hours as well. You should not give up within 15-20 minutes, of course it's easy to convince yourself that it's bad and hopeless to control an FPS with a controller then. I played it for 7 hours straight (in coop) and then 7 hours straight the following day and I dare to say I kicked ass by then ;)

Nitz Walsh
12-05-06, 11:40 AM
I couldn't imagine playing this game with kboard and mouse, especially considering the over the shoulder view,
What does the over the shoulder view have to do with it? When you're shooting you're primarily using the aiming reticle, and getting a bead on enemies will be far more accurate and quick with a mouse.

I'm certainly not bad with the controller, but there's no denying that a mouse would give you much better response times and far more accurate aim. You can't have accuracy + quick aiming with a joypad, you have to choose between the two - a mouse gives you both.

Now, the problem comes with the keyboard and its digital movement (walk or run)...however the use of the A button for so many actions could possible be alleviated, that's my biggest grip with GOW's controls so far (no, I want you to RUN - don't hide dammit!).

evilchris
12-05-06, 11:58 AM
Clicking a little mouse button to shoot takes a huge amount of immersion out of a game imo. I love the triggers.

Zelda_fan
12-05-06, 11:59 AM
What does the over the shoulder view have to do with it? When you're shooting you're primarily using the aiming reticle, and getting a bead on enemies will be far more accurate and quick with a mouse.

I'm certainly not bad with the controller, but there's no denying that a mouse would give you much better response times and far more accurate aim. You can't have accuracy + quick aiming with a joypad, you have to choose between the two - a mouse gives you both.

Now, the problem comes with the keyboard and its digital movement (walk or run)...however the use of the A button for so many actions could possible be alleviated, that's my biggest grip with GOW's controls so far (no, I want you to RUN - don't hide dammit!).

The point is an analog stick is MORE than good enough. Never at any one time did I wish, "you know, I would be having a lot more fun if I could aim the reticle with a mouse"

Nitz Walsh
12-05-06, 12:31 PM
Clicking a little mouse button to shoot takes a huge amount of immersion out of a game imo. I love the triggers.
And aiming like you're a tank, not a human being holding a weapon doesn't help either. :)

Nitz Walsh
12-05-06, 12:33 PM
The point is an analog stick is MORE than good enough. Never at any one time did I wish, "you know, I would be having a lot more fun if I could aim the reticle with a mouse"
It's "more than good enough" simply because the game is designed with its drawbacks in mind. That's fine, but I certainly have thought playing it "Boy, that would have been so much better with a mouse". Different strokes.

Destroy
12-05-06, 12:34 PM

Agreed. I'm keeping a sharp eye on that keyboard/mouse adaptor thats coming out soon for 360. If it works well, I may just have to buy a 360.

evilchris
12-05-06, 12:38 PM
It's amazing how closed minded some people are.

evilchris
12-05-06, 12:39 PM
And aiming like you're a tank, not a human being holding a weapon doesn't help either. :)

Have you ever fired a weapon? Moving a mouse around is nothing like it.

Mr_LoL
12-05-06, 12:46 PM
Agreed. I'm keeping a sharp eye on that keyboard/mouse adaptor thats coming out soon for 360. If it works well, I may just have to buy a 360.
Good new imo. Give 360 owners an option on what to use when it comes to play first person shooters. I am going to invest in another 360 in the new year and I will most probably be getting the adaptor as well.