PDA

View Full Version : Where is SIN Ep 2?

Pages : [1] 2

sillyeagle
12-05-06, 06:52 PM
I thought that series was supposed to be every six months, so it should have been out by now, and I cannot even find a hint at a realease date.

With such a basic game I don't see why they would have to delay. I can see why Valve would delay due to major engine enhancements, but its not like Ritual is recoding the thing, are they? I thought they just needed to build some new levels...

Banko
12-05-06, 07:08 PM
Good question do they have any forums?

Riplayne
12-05-06, 07:35 PM
Suposidly still in development with full multiplayer support this time around.

AthlonXP1800
12-05-06, 07:42 PM
Good question do they have any forums?

Yes it on STEAM forum here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60).

Here is a thread people wondered why it took auwfully so long to wait for SiN Episode 2.

crainger
12-05-06, 08:45 PM
Looks like Ritual is under going some staffing changes. They are one of my favourite developers, but they have always seemed so volatile. I don't think we will see Ep 2 for close to another year yet, if at all.

jAkUp
12-05-06, 09:26 PM
Last they said they are still working on it, and they want to hold off to announce anything early.

|MaguS|
12-05-06, 09:27 PM
I bet we wont see it untill summer...

nutcrackr
12-05-06, 10:11 PM
They also said they were working on multiplayer, the first one was a bit of a disappointment but maybe they can improve.

sillyeagle
12-05-06, 11:27 PM
Anyone know if they plan to scale upward with hardware as they release the episodes? Like higher texture res, HDR, etc? It will look pretty bland if they keep the engine as is for the next release.

nekrosoft13
12-05-06, 11:29 PM
well it runs on source engine, so they will proably use what every verison of source engine is out at that time.

maybe they are waiting for the new updated hl2 episodes 2 revision

Riplayne
12-06-06, 01:30 AM
Anyone know if they plan to scale upward with hardware as they release the episodes? Like higher texture res, HDR, etc? It will look pretty bland if they keep the engine as is for the next release.

I read something about them using the latest source build in the next episode so probably.

Becoming
12-06-06, 01:48 AM
I bet we wont see it untill summer...

I bet we won't see it at all.

jAkUp
12-06-06, 01:48 AM
I heard them mention a brand new engine too.

crainger
12-06-06, 03:39 AM
I heard them mention a brand new engine too.

Latest Build of Source?

BioHazZarD
12-06-06, 06:14 AM
Yeah nice wait like 1 year for a game that lasts 3-5 hours and then another years of wait to continue story... cant belive people actually want to do this.

Namrok
12-06-06, 06:30 AM
Yeah nice wait like 1 year for a game that lasts 3-5 hours and then another years of wait to continue story... cant belive people actually want to do this.

but episodic gaming is teh futur! Teh Newell says so!

Ugh, I can't stand that man, I don't know why anyone looks to him as any sort of gaming guru. It's too bad he got Ritual to jump on the episodic gaming bandwagon. Honestly I don't think it's going anywhere, with HL2: Episode 2 turning into bloatware (I'm glad we're getting TF2 & Portal along with it, but I rather have the game NOW then wait an extra year for that ****), and Sin Episode 2 nowhere to be seen.

I still liked HL1 more.

|MaguS|
12-06-06, 08:07 AM
but episodic gaming is teh futur! Teh Newell says so!

Ugh, I can't stand that man, I don't know why anyone looks to him as any sort of gaming guru. It's too bad he got Ritual to jump on the episodic gaming bandwagon. Honestly I don't think it's going anywhere, with HL2: Episode 2 turning into bloatware (I'm glad we're getting TF2 & Portal along with it, but I rather have the game NOW then wait an extra year for that ****), and Sin Episode 2 nowhere to be seen.

I still liked HL1 more.

Your a tool... Poeple bitched that HL2:E1 was short and offered no MP, now they are making the game longer, more open and offer MP and you continue to bitch? Go away...

Valve is one of the best PC developers in the industry...

Namrok
12-06-06, 08:14 AM
Your a tool... Poeple bitched that HL2:E1 was short and offered no MP, now they are making the game longer, more open and offer MP and you continue to bitch? Go away...

Valve is one of the best PC developers in the industry...

Hey, I never bitched about it being short, or complained about the MP. I paid $15 for it and got pretty much exactly what I expected. Albeit 6 months late.

Except for 3DRealms, Valve is the most inefficient developer in the industry. And whatever you say, you cannot dispute this.

CaptNKILL
12-06-06, 08:20 AM
Sin episode 2 is probably taking longer than they anticipated because the first one apparently wasn't all that great. I haven't played it but its a 7\10 title according to most reviews. Why pump out another mediocre episode using the same formula as the first?

If they do the same crap again and it gets a 6\10 it'll probably get canned. Changing the gameplay with this episode could save the series.

Riplayne
12-14-06, 12:01 AM
Listen to GFW radio podcast, apparently it looks like SiN Episode 2 is cancelled, apparenly a huge chunk of the dev team left.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3148397

its about 4 min in.

jAkUp
12-14-06, 12:28 AM
Damn :( Hope thats not accurate.

crainger
12-14-06, 07:19 AM
Grrr. I had a feeling this would happen. (I'd rather not believe it though)

Could be the final curtain for Ritual after all these years.

nutcrackr
12-14-06, 09:05 AM
I don't think the GFW guys know for sure, they are just speculating based on the fact that Ritual has had numerous devs leave the company. Not very good for Valve and episodic content if they can't get the second episode out. Besides I thought the main reason for doing episodic content was for the long haul, pulling out after 1 episode doesn't make financial sense does it?

Riplayne
12-14-06, 10:31 AM
I don't think the GFW guys know for sure, they are just speculating based on the fact that Ritual has had numerous devs leave the company. Not very good for Valve and episodic content if they can't get the second episode out. Besides I thought the main reason for doing episodic content was for the long haul, pulling out after 1 episode doesn't make financial sense does it?

Well yea, but it wouldnt make much financial sense either to put development into another episode if not enough people bought the first one.

flukester
12-14-06, 11:17 AM
Suposidly still in development with full multiplayer support this time around.

MP was supposed to be released and 'was not' to be part of Sin Episode 2 it was supposed to come out as just an addon for Episode 1(man what a bunch of liars). Have they clarified this somewhere? There was that thread that made me actually buy Episode 1(solely for the promised mp). Of course I can't find the thread now that stated that nearly 5 months ago. I have zero interest in Sin 2 myself because they are a bunch of liars. From the playtime of Sin 2 Episode 1 to all the promises which all they did is fulfill the Arena mode. People have since left their development team, gee wonder why?

Episode 1 was a total joke. From the car they drive in at the start of the game with ubber cheap graphics to a totally lousy and confusing plot and laughable AI where higher levels basically meant the old CS-Style-Aimbot skills. These guys abandoned all the dedicated fans back with Sin 1 and here we go again, lies, red tape and BS... Maybe they will make the chicks boobs bigger to attract more people. If that's what it takes...I finished EP2 in 3.5 hours and I was playing at mid skill level...