PDA

View Full Version : I just got my new Xifi sound card! BF2 is frustrating me to no end!

Tygerwoody
12-05-06, 08:02 PM
When i go to the auto options and change them from "hardware" to "Xifi" and then hit apply, the game crashes to the desktop. Doesn't error me out. Nothing. Just goes to the desktop and never comes back. If I get back into the game, the setting is reset back to Hardware.

This is the one game I got this card for... it would be nice if it worked.

jolle
12-05-06, 08:34 PM
Never had that happen..
Using the drivers that came with the card or updated ones?
I use Creatives autoupdate feature on their website from time to time to check for updates.. works pretty good.
I googled real quick and saw some mention about the CT processes, someone disabled them and fixed BF2 crashes that way.. worth a shot perhaps, tho those were random ingame crashes.

jAkUp
12-05-06, 08:37 PM
Yea definetely try the ones off of soundblasters site :)

CaptNKILL
12-05-06, 08:39 PM
Yeah make sure to update the drivers, they have changed a few things related to BF2 since the original release.

Do a full install from the x-fi CD, then install the latest update from the website. Make sure the game is patched up too.

I can't say I've ever heard of that problem before though.

vandalous
12-05-06, 08:43 PM
When games crash to desktop like that, it's often outdated sound card drivers that do it. Update your drivers via what everyone above me said. ;)

Try the tweaks listed here too: http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2142_1.html

Tygerwoody
12-05-06, 09:48 PM
updated drivers did it .. thanks guys :)

crainger
12-05-06, 09:50 PM
Should have bought an Xplosion... :D Had to get in before Redeemed.

Seriously though. Try the new drivers and this guide might be better suited to BF2. http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html

EDIT: Oh drivers fixed it :) Thats good news. How are you finding the card so far?

mojoRT
12-05-06, 10:40 PM
Any improvement to the sound with ur new card?

Tygerwoody
12-05-06, 10:59 PM
I'm writing up a review right now. I'll post it up tomorrow. In short this soundcard is absolutely AMAZING. I am listening to classical music right now and I swear my ears have never heard a sound so clean and beautiful. My only regret is not buying this card sooner.

stevemedes
12-05-06, 11:03 PM
im way overdue for picking one of these up. WTB xfi xtrememusic

einstein_314
12-06-06, 12:47 AM
I'm writing up a review right now. I'll post it up tomorrow. In short this soundcard is absolutely AMAZING. I am listening to classical music right now and I swear my ears have never heard a sound so clean and beautiful. My only regret is not buying this card sooner.
Nice to hear! I too was skeptical before buying my X-Fi about the alleged "amazing sound". But I was blown away when I got it. And still am blow away. It's awesome!

CaptNKILL
12-06-06, 07:05 AM
Glad you're happy with the purchase! :bounce:

Tygerwoody
12-06-06, 08:56 AM
Glad you're happy with the purchase! :bounce:
meh, i only bought it because you have one. :bounce:

CaptNKILL
12-06-06, 08:58 AM
meh, i only bought it because you have one. :bounce:
:rofl