PDA

View Full Version : Keep it, return it, or eBay it?

Pages : [1] 2

saturnotaku
12-06-06, 01:42 PM
I was at my local Best Buy on my lunch hour, hoping to pick up one of those devices that lets you back up your 360 hard drive on your PC. I saw people walking around with PS3s, and it turns out they were handing them out to people in the back of the store. What the hell, there was only one other person in line, so I walked out with a 60 GB model, an extra controller, and Resistance.

It's sitting in my car right now. I don't really need the system, but it's sexy and its use as a BR player may not be completely out of the question. My fiance is going to kill me, as I really should have saved the money for our honeymoon.

So the question is, do I hold on to it, return it to the store and guarantee my money back, or try to sell it privately or on Fleabay? I put it to you, the nV News readers.

S.I.N
12-06-06, 01:46 PM
Sell it to me. I need one. Saved all year and still cant flipping find one. Do your good deed for the year and sell it to me saturnotaku.:(

J-Mag
12-06-06, 01:46 PM
How much did you end up paying for everything?

Bad_Boy
12-06-06, 01:47 PM
If you dont need it, and your future wife may be against it, take it back and let somebody who will use it more get a hold of it (or you could sell it to S.I.N :p). Or you could ebay it, but I hear the prices for the wii/ps3 aint that profitable on ebay lately so I'm not sure how much the money is worth the effort to you. That said, I'm having nothing but fun with mine, and not to sound like an ass but it sounds like the ps3 may not be for you just yet (possibly early 07?) due to your situation.

Gaco
12-06-06, 01:48 PM
Sounds like you can afford to keep it, so that's what I'd do..

evilchris
12-06-06, 01:50 PM
fleabay it

saturnotaku
12-06-06, 01:51 PM
not to sound like an ass but it sounds like the ps3 may not be for you just yet (possibly early 07?) due to your situation.

That's not being an ass. That's providing good, honest feedback, and I appreciate it. :)

I appreciate everyone who chimes in. I'll also think about posting it here for sale. I might be persuaded to part with it that way. ;)

GlowStick
12-06-06, 01:54 PM
My friend got one from work, and we found out that its like a 360, but not fun.

Return that pos.

saturnotaku
12-06-06, 02:00 PM

Return that pos.

:rofl They should put that on the box - Just Like the Xbox 360...Only Not Fun!

nekrosoft13
12-06-06, 02:05 PM
return it or ebay it (for profit) quick, before your fiance will slap you silly

Monolyth
12-06-06, 02:09 PM
I'd say sell it to a needy person on the forums here. Since it's retail box, no reason not to charge retail prices. It would make a great christmas gift for someone looking for one for their kids, or their own child inside.

Use the money to have the best time on your honeymoon, memories made with your wife will last a lifetime, memories on a console...meh.

Bad_Boy
12-06-06, 02:15 PM
That's not being an ass. That's providing good, honest feedback, and I appreciate it. :)

I appreciate everyone who chimes in. I'll also think about posting it here for sale. I might be persuaded to part with it that way. ;)
fair enough, and welcome. :)
I vote on selling it to S.I.N. :o

Hex
12-06-06, 02:16 PM

Return that pos.

/yawn

Zelda_fan
12-06-06, 02:22 PM
ebay it. Why not make an extra $400 for the holidays?

Marvel_us
12-06-06, 02:29 PM
I say ebay it but if you don't want to go through all that sell it here on the forum. Sell it for retail price plus shipping so you don't lose anything on it.

Zelda_fan
12-06-06, 02:30 PM
Don't listen to any of these greedy bastards who want a PS3 for themselves. Make a profit and go ebay.

Bearclaw
12-06-06, 02:37 PM
Ebay. Make some money off of this.

Monolyth
12-06-06, 02:37 PM
Don't listen to any of these greedy bastards who want a PS3 for themselves. Make a profit and go ebay.

It's the holidays man helping a fellow nVNews addict out gives you that warm fuzzy inside. Where's your holiday cheer? :)

Gaco
12-06-06, 02:58 PM
It's the holidays man helping a fellow nVNews addict out gives you that warm fuzzy inside. Where's your holiday cheer? :)
:thumbsup:

superklye
12-06-06, 03:13 PM
Are they still selling for ridiculous amounts of money on eBay or has the craze settled?

saturnotaku
12-06-06, 03:19 PM
Are they still selling for ridiculous amounts of money on eBay or has the craze settled?

It's not ridiculous, but there's opportunity for money to be made. But I'm not entirely sure I want to deal with the Fleabay crowd, though.

|MaguS|
12-06-06, 03:28 PM
I sold my extra ones to friends who were not able to get one on its release, I sold it to them at cost...

saturnotaku
12-06-06, 03:31 PM
I actually just got a decent cash offer from someone my fiance works with. I'm probably going to take it.

Lfctony
12-06-06, 03:47 PM
I actually just got a decent cash offer from someone my fiance works with. I'm probably going to take it.

That's the best thing you can do. Everybody's happy like that and you can pick one up in a few months when more games are out...

MustangSVT
12-06-06, 03:51 PM
I voted for the ebay it. Why not?