PDA

View Full Version : If you bought an EVGA card within the past 30 days READ THIS THREAD NOW!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tygerwoody
12-06-06, 10:27 PM
I know most of you probably know of this, but I didn't. Please read.
Edit: I guess you guys are as shocked as I am

All EVGA Products purchased ON or AFTER November 1, 2006 MUST be registered within 30 days from ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE to receive full lifetime warranty. (All products not registered within 30 days will ONLY receive a 1 year limited warranty.)

http://www.evga.com/support/lifetime/

Basically, if you bought an EVGA video card within the past month(im looking at you 8800 users) you BETTER register your card NOW or you will only have a 1 year warranty.

I'm sorry if this is a repost, but apparently it is burried so deep I never saw it. I have been buying EVGA cards since the 6800GT and I am a big time supporter of EVGA over anyone. Even I didn't know about this change that happened November 1, 2006. If this was voiced, it wasn't voiced loud enough.

REGISTER YOUR EVGA CARD!!!!

CaptNKILL
12-06-06, 10:33 PM
Wow, thanks for the heads up.

Registering now. :)

EDIT: For anyone who hasn't done it yet, its extremely quick. Especially if you already have an account. It took me less than a minute to register my card. DO IT.

LBJM
12-06-06, 10:40 PM
Thank you

nippyjun
12-06-06, 10:41 PM
Wooh, that 's a little sneaky.

What happens if you sell your card and provide the new owner with the original invoice with your name on it. Is the warranty void once you sell the card or since they have an invoice (even though it's in the original purchasers name) the new owner can get warranty service?

Is it better to keep a card unregistered for resale purposes or register it to get the full lifetime warranty?

|MaguS|
12-06-06, 10:44 PM
wow, I had 2 days left...

hehe I got 63 days till I can't stepup... If Nvidia has some new cards releasing soon they better go and release them!

Lazaredz
12-06-06, 11:02 PM
Cripes!! Was NOT aware of that.

Thx boy-o!

Tygerwoody
12-06-06, 11:33 PM
I guess nobody does know... seems pretty important. I'm very surprised someone like jAkUp didn't say something about it. Shame on you jAkUp. You are disgracing my name. :p

On a side note it would have been nice if EVGA made an announcement about this change. That is pretty sneaky. I have always like EVGA cards, but I dont see why they wouldn't make this very public. They have a very good reputation. I would hate to see it ruined over then not keeping their users informated. :o .

EVGA still rocks though. ;)

crainger
12-06-06, 11:47 PM
That's why I registered my XFX the day I got it. EVGA are pretty good about it though. When I was looking for an EVGA card. They had a rep ring me up and one of the first things he explained was the lifetime warranty, how it was non transferable and how I must register with EVGA in 30 days. I didn't end up with the EVGA card as they weren't expecting stock for quite some time.

RussianHAXOR
12-06-06, 11:57 PM
Had i been part of these forums beforehand i would have posted it in here... all of the other forums im part of know about it already.

jAkUp
12-07-06, 12:11 AM
I guess nobody does know... seems pretty important. I'm very surprised someone like jAkUp didn't say something about it. Shame on you jAkUp. You are disgracing my name. :p

On a side note it would have been nice if EVGA made an announcement about this change. That is pretty sneaky. I have always like EVGA cards, but I dont see why they wouldn't make this very public. They have a very good reputation. I would hate to see it ruined over then not keeping their users informated. :o .

EVGA still rocks though. ;)

Haha sorry man, actually its inside the box if you look on the flap :o

RussianHAXOR
12-07-06, 12:18 AM
jeez jake, you post in here ALOT... but yea i wouldnt know about that since i dont OWN one yet. =). lol

HeavyH20
12-07-06, 12:34 AM
Well, just registered four cards and two motherboards (everything below). Missed that, somehow. Good catch.

Tygerwoody
12-07-06, 07:19 AM
Haha sorry man, actually its inside the box if you look on the flap :o
You mean actually read something? Bah. Thats what you are here for, to give us the inside scoop on EVGA. (nana2)

Glad you guys are getting your cards registered. Does anyone know the reason why EVGA did this? I know sure as heck that I would be one pissed off dude if I found out about this a week from now to find out my card with a "lifetime warranty" doesn't really have a lifetime warranty, but a 1 year limited warranty. I surely would have shifted my devotion to EVGA towards BFG or XFX.

Hell the only reason I registered my video card in the first place was out of boredom. I quite litterally was at my house thinking "im bored, I guess I better register my EVGA card now in case I decide to do a step up later on...". Then I find this "news". It really should have been more public. Noone reads articles inside of boxes, but we ALL read news articles on video cards.

vmsein
12-07-06, 07:28 AM
Thank you very much Tygerwoody for bringing this to our attention. I certainly would have missed it since it hasn't been mentioned anywhere that I frequently visit. Much obliged!

siorai
12-07-06, 07:36 AM
I don't really get why there's this bad blood towards eVGA for this. I mean, they're offering a lifetime warranty. All you have to do is register your card to make sure the process is initiated. Wow. Pretty tough. I guess I just automatically registered for the simple fact that by doing so, eVGA has all my information immediately. I never have to think about it again.

Then again, let's all bitch out eVGA for making you do one tiny step within 30 days of buying your card so that you can have a lifetime warranty that covers pretty much well everything except for you physically damaging your card. Those bastards. They're obviously poised to become the new "Evil Empire" of the computer world. :p

Tygerwoody
12-07-06, 07:37 AM
Moderators,

Do any of you think this should be posted in the lounge or some place where more people can read it? Its obvious that not many people know about this huge change. You don't even have to use my post, you can use your own. People need to know of this.

Tygerwoody
12-07-06, 07:43 AM
I don't really get why there's this bad blood towards eVGA for this. I mean, they're offering a lifetime warranty. All you have to do is register your card to make sure the process is initiated. Wow. Pretty tough. I guess I just automatically registered for the simple fact that by doing so, eVGA has all my information immediately. I never have to think about it again.

Then again, let's all bitch out eVGA for making you do one tiny step within 30 days of buying your card so that you can have a lifetime warranty that covers pretty much well everything except for you physically damaging your card. Those bastards. They're obviously poised to become the new "Evil Empire" of the computer world. :p
I'm not mad at all towards eVGA. Frankly they still have the best warranty in the business as far as I'm concerned. What I am mad about is that this is a DRASTIC change to their previous policy and they really did not put forth an effort to make this change public. Expecting your customers to read all the box material of a product is absolutely rediculous.

I have been buying EVGA cards for years, follow their every move, and even I did not know of this change. eVGA did a terrible job in informing its devoted customers. I can only image how I would feel if I were someone who did not find out about this information, only to have their $700 video card DIE after a year to not even be replaced. If eVGA made a public announcement of this change and did their best to inform their users you wouldn't hear a peep from me. Registering your video card only takes 30 seconds, but when users don't even know they have to then you have a problem.

saturnotaku
12-07-06, 07:50 AM
The only way I'd be pissed about this is if they had a big "Lifetime Warranty" sticker on the box and put a disclaimer in very small print in an off-the-wall location on the packaging. I think eVGA needs to put a postcard in all the boxes that says in big, bold letters that in order to receive the warranty, you have to register the card. Put down the URL, and tell people to write down the serial number of the card to make the process go as quickly as possible.

Scunner
12-07-06, 07:54 AM
Kudos, Tygerwoody. Really appreciate the heads-up.

:thumbsup:

HeavyH20
12-07-06, 08:16 AM
I think EVGA is simply adapting to the environment. Their warranty states that they offer the lifetime warranty to the original owner. If you do not register the card, sell it, then the second person registers the card, then they in turn, become the original owner. So, they are simply creating a control to limit liability by having the orginal owner register the card more immediately to ensure that they are truly the first, which effectively closes the loophole.

Burnt_Ram
12-07-06, 08:27 AM
wow, I had 2 days left...

hehe I got 63 days till I can't stepup... If Nvidia has some new cards releasing soon they better go and release them!
me too! best get on this asap

CaptNKILL
12-07-06, 08:27 AM
For those that don't know, the serial number is on the retail box as well. So if you've still got that lying around somewhere, you won't even have to open your PC to register.

vmsein
12-07-06, 09:03 AM
Just registered my two video cards as well. Like some others, I only had 2 days left to register for the lifetime warranty. Thanks again Tygerwoody.

saberz
12-07-06, 09:04 AM
Yeah they did a bunch of warranty changes, seems they also dicked over anyone before the November date to recieve Advanced RMA replacements.

Their customer service department has been anything but helpful while trying to RMA my 7900GT's, actually was lied to, misinformed and not contacted by their RMA manager at ALL i had to continually call back till they finally let me through to him.

Tygerwoody
12-07-06, 09:20 AM
Their customer service department has been anything but helpful
Hey don't talk about jAkUp like that! :p

My experience with their customer service has always been pleasant. eVGA has always been a pretty solid company that treat their customers right. Thats why I am so surprised they didn't make an effort to make this change more public. They are usually alot better about this sort of thing. :o

I only hope that the people who didn't notice the change in policy have their cards warrantied if something goes wrong. This 8800 architecture is brand new. Whose to say that a year from now these cards won't just start dieing randomly? This is why I ONLY buy from companies with good reputations and warranties. Hopefully eVGA will honor those who did not notice this warranty policy change if something does go wrong.