PDA

View Full Version : GeForce4 Ti 4200 - $80 at CompUSA

Moo
03-03-03, 09:13 AM
This is undoubtly a great deal!

Also, Radeon 9700 Pro are going for $300 now at BestBuy.

Any other imminent price cuts?

Great times for upgrading, that's for sure!

volt
03-03-03, 09:27 AM
Woah!
Those are nice price cuts. I didnt expect them until next week or so hehe :)

vvolkman
03-03-03, 10:12 AM
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=295263&pfp=SEARCH

But you can't actually buy one online. Only a few left in local stores here

Ann Arbor Superstore
Ann Arbor, MI 48108 (734) 827-2740 8 Miles Out-Of-Stock

Novi Superstore
Novi, MI 48375 (248) 305-8800 19 Miles Limited Quantities

Detroit Superstore
Detroit, MI 48228-3886 (313) 240-7000 34 Miles In-Stock

Auburn Hills Superstore
Orion, MI 48359 (248) 391-9466 40 Miles Limited Quantities

Madison Heights Superstore
Madison Heights, MI 48071 (248) 585-7600 43 Miles Out-Of-Stock

digitalwanderer
03-03-03, 01:38 PM
I ain't got a CompUSA within driving distance or I'd be picking me up a ti4200 today. :)

saturnotaku
03-03-03, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
I ain't got a CompUSA within driving distance or I'd be picking me up a ti4200 today.

What 'chu talkin' 'bout, digi? The CompUSA stores in Naperville, Lombard and Schaumburg are all within driving distance of where you are. Granted, it will take you about 1-1.5 hours but it's not like you would have to drive 5 hours. :D

vvolkman
03-04-03, 01:01 PM
Why drive an hour? I see Ti4200s selling for as low as $15 auction close on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3403802302&category=3762

Though a more typical prices are $50 to $80 auction close.

digitalwanderer
03-04-03, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
What 'chu talkin' 'bout, digi? The CompUSA stores in Naperville, Lombard and Schaumburg are all within driving distance of where you are. Granted, it will take you about 1-1.5 hours but it's not like you would have to drive 5 hours. :D

An hour, hour and a half each way WITH A 3 YEAR OLD is a pretty dang big trip! Or at least sufficiently close enough to my definition of "self-induced hell" to not really make it worth doing, and that's in me new mini-van with the VHS player! :)

Nah, I'm holding out for a 9500 Pro or better. The GF4 ti4200 is nice and all, but it just don't compare to the 9500 I was playing with. (I'm playing with a leadtek GF4 ti4200 (300/600) this week, I'm tweaking a rig for a friend.)

I'm still trying like hell to weasel a 9700 Pro out of ATI in exchange for me sig space for a month...funny thing is I MIGHT actually be able to pull it off. ;)

The only stores in driving distance for me are Best Buy (HATE it!), Circuit City(Overpriced, sometimes a deal, clueless salespeople at me local store), RadioShack (:rolleyes: ), and a small local PC shop (Yeah, that thinks a GF4 MX460 is a "heck of a fine card for only $150!" ....DOUBLE- :rolleyes: !!).

If'n I buy something online it's different, I have to think about it a bit more and leave a backtrail thru me credit card that the wife is going to see. (Wife seeing=BAD!) I prefer to pay cash and just not mention such things to her. ;)

Oh, and I got me local PC show that comes every other month or so for a few hours every Saturday to a local school's gymnasium that I am absolutely NUTS about! I can get pricewatch prices there half the time, but without shipping. There are REALLY some killer deals there from time to time, but the big thing for me is the people ACTUALLY KNOW COMPUTERS THERE! :eek: I can bull**** with the vendors the same way I do in the forums and not feel like a total moron or have peoples eye's glaze over.

It's me special treat to myself and I go to everyone of 'em I can. It's only a half-mile from my house, and it's all the neighbors going out to upgrade their PCs. I have a ball just walking around helping people there. :D (I'm weird that way. ;) )

Sorry, went a little OT there. Me 5 year old is home sick today and the two of 'em are driving me a bit bonkers. :rolleyes:

saturnotaku
03-04-03, 01:34 PM
The only stores in driving distance for me are Best Buy (HATE it!), Circuit City(Overpriced, sometimes a deal, clueless salespeople at me local store)

Breast Buy is a$$. Only time I buy things from them now is if they have a CD/DVD I want but no other retailer has (like I just bought the Wayne's World box set for cheap) or if I can get a good deal on blank CD-R media (got my last 100 pack for free after rebate). I agree with you on the competence (or lack thereof) of Circuit City employees. 99.9% of 'em don't have a clue, but lately they've been really nice on stuff. I bought my Xbox from them. Plus I got my MX700 for $50 thanks to their price match guarantee. They matched that Office Max ad I talked about in General Hardware with no questions asked. And when I chipped the mouse by slamming it into the charger, they exchanged it for a new one...again, no questions asked.

We get computer shows from time-to-time at College of DuPage. Only problem with them is that oft' times they're packed wall-to-wall with people. But if you can wade through that, you will find some incredible deals. As a matter of fact, I should check to find out when the next CoD show is. :D

Gator
03-04-03, 02:08 PM
I ain't got a CompUSA within driving distance or I'd be picking me up a ti4200 today. :)

maybe you could order it for that price direct from them on the web?

Moo
03-04-03, 02:30 PM
Kinda off-topic, but has anyone else noticed that gas mileage has been shrinking lately? I've asked a few friends already, all experiencing same phenomenon, so it's just not my car. Doesn't help with the ridiculous prices lately either.

Usually I get 400+ on a full tank, but now only 300+

:rolleyes:

muzz
03-04-03, 02:36 PM
Maybe they only give us 8/10 gallon these days..... hehehe
Never really understood how they were able to get away with the 9/10 crap as it was.........

Great price for that card..... $80. I went and looked myself heheheh.

digitalwanderer
03-04-03, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Gator
maybe you could order it for that price direct from them on the web?

No good, they don't accept cash online very well there and if'n I'm gonna get in trouble with the wife for buying a viddy card I'm gonna be getting at LEAST a 9500 Pro! ;)

jAkUp
03-04-03, 08:15 PM
Breast Buy is a$$

mmmm... breasts and ass....... :p :p :p

kyleb
03-04-03, 09:33 PM
\ And when I chipped the mouse by slamming it into the charger, they exchanged it for a new one...again, no questions asked.

ya, best buy return policies own. i payed extra to get my 9700pro there when they first came out and i was unshure i would like it for that reason alone.