PDA

View Full Version : Xfi Extreme Gamer Fatality

Mr Bigman
12-07-06, 10:59 PM
I decided to back to an XFI and do it right. I had the platium before but with all the problems with chipsets i got fed up with it.

I kept the front bay for my xfi platium and now i got the Fatality Extreme Gamer. Very nice card. Night and Day between the old XFI and this one.
And no popping or funny BSOD's on startup either, nice and clean here.

I am using the platium front bay with this Fatality and seems to work ok but can't the remote to work In the volume tab for soundcard it use to show me stuff like media source go and remote settings and creative meida center.

With the install of this new card i have none of those tabs i once did, but the bay is working fine input and outpup.

Did they do this on purpose or can i get the remote working another way?

SLippe
12-08-06, 07:26 PM
Did you install just the driver or all the software stuff that came with it?

Mr Bigman
12-08-06, 08:24 PM
All software was installed from xfi fatalty cd. I discovered something, The software that is needed to activate remote is creative entertainment center which is on the platium cd. Its not RCman like on the old platiums they use CET now to enable remote.

I thought all the xfi cd's were unified like vga drivers. The fatality cd they gave me is different than other driver cd's i went to filefront to check this out. I kept my old xfi platium cd and seen creative entertainment center on it but it says error accured when trying to run setup from that folder.

Is ther a way to imlepate the creative meida center into my current center or do i have to install from platium cd but it won't detect my new fatility cuz its different than the other ones.

buffbiff21
12-08-06, 08:43 PM
Just a quick random semi off topic question...

Does that Xfi come with the little blue XFI LED light?

I cant remember being able to see it on Newegg.

thanks.

stevemedes
12-08-06, 08:50 PM
YOUR NOT BIGMAN! GRAMMAR IS TOO GOOD!

Mr Bigman
12-08-06, 09:26 PM
Nope this souncard has a black block at the top corner with glowing red luminating from it. Nice ha.

crainger
12-08-06, 09:43 PM
YOUR NOT BIGMAN! GRAMMAR IS TOO GOOD!

I know. Got to be an impostor. :wtf:

Mr Bigman
12-08-06, 10:25 PM
Very cute! I don't think this has anything to do with the thread. Their is a section in this forum for remarks or sarcasm.

I think the cd they sent with this card is for non pro series cards, but aren't they supose to be unified cd's and software?

stevemedes
12-09-06, 12:27 AM
:wonder:

crainger
12-09-06, 12:30 AM
Sorry. I will post such comments in the Sarcasm and Remarks Section.

The driver CD for the new Xtreme series of cards are different to the previous generation. As there is no card in the Xtreme line up that uses the bay, there is no reason to include software for it.

Your best bet would be to pop in the old CD, and try doing a custom install for just the software you need.

Mr Bigman
12-09-06, 01:42 PM
Yea, thats the impression im getting viewing the contents of the CD"s they issue with themes.

Sounds like there fading out the bay drive. But they do promote the entertainment center and its remote.

All i need to get a hold of is the setup for that and i tried the one on the platium cd i have, but it doesn't run cuz it needs a script, being the setup from creative.

jolle
12-09-06, 02:53 PM
Maybe they are fading out the drivebays cause on most forums around the world people were going "man thats a bit pricy, I think IŽll wait until they release just the boards without the bay."
I recall alot of such comments when they first came, and the price was the reason I settled on the ExtremeMusic edition..

Mr Bigman
12-09-06, 04:17 PM
How do you like your Extreme Music? Sounds about right, being the price was so high and i do use a ehome MCE remote on my XP Pro Rig. I have the bay cuz of my old Platium. I just use the headphone jack on it pretty much since i owned the first live drive from the origianl SB Live.

I just want the Entertainment Center software. I actually read the box contents of the Fatality and it states that Entertainment Center is bundled but i don't see it.

buffbiff21
12-09-06, 04:35 PM
How do you like your Extreme Music?

I have an extreme music also, its the exact same card minus the light i believe...

Nope this souncard has a black block at the top corner with glowing red luminating from it. Nice ha.

So the light is red?

Mr Bigman
12-09-06, 05:28 PM
hmm hmm!!!

I really liking these XFI's now that they fixed all the bugs wht Nforce Users.

Mr Bigman
12-11-06, 10:48 PM
I talked to a tech at creative today and he informed me that i should of got the entertainment center with my install cd. He did say thats its the better of all the xfi's right now. And he is mailing good old bigman the cd with all the software for these cards.

Im a happy stud now. Atleast i got through to them.

crainger
12-12-06, 12:16 AM
I had a great time with Creative Tech Support when I had my SB16. It came pre installed in the PC (I was too young to build my own) but I was reformatting after I messed something up. The disks I had for it were incorrect. The Creative Tech said it was a common problem and he would ship the correct ones Express along with the latest game OEM bundle. Included Wing Commander, Space Hulk, Chuck Yeager's Air Combat, Ultima Underworld

Those were the days.

DarkJedi664
12-15-06, 06:46 PM
I just bought this card, how is it?

Mr Bigman
12-16-06, 03:58 PM
Its much cleaner in sound. The only peeve i have with these cards is when gaming to get ai audio or the special effects, you need to switch the envirement from entertainment to game mode or in games like Quake 4 eax 4 and ai audio is blanked out.

radekhulan
12-16-06, 04:07 PM
Its much cleaner in sound. The only peeve i have with these cards is when gaming to get ai audio or the special effects, you need to switch the envirement from entertainment to game mode or in games like Quake 4 eax 4 and ai audio is blanked out.

No need to switch profiles manually, get X-Fi Mode Changer, define which apps will be switching X-Fi to which profiles, and forget about it:
http://www.freewebs.com/spectra9/xfmc.html

einstein_314
12-16-06, 04:07 PM
Check this program (http://www.freewebs.com/spectra9/xfmc.html)out. You tell it which programs use which modes and when you start that program, it automatically changes the mode for you. It's a great program.

EDIT: it appears that radekhulan beat me to it....

Mr Bigman
12-17-06, 02:26 PM
Oh!, sweet that will help. Some games that use ai audio won't run unless game mode is selected.

DarkJedi664
12-19-06, 09:19 AM
Has anyone seen any reviews of this version yet? I know there's the FPS version for review, but I'm really wondering if there's any difference except for the breakout box.

DarkJedi664
12-20-06, 08:45 AM
So I just got my card yesterday, and WOW! I have been using the HDA X-Plosion for the longest time, and using DTS. After hearing the XFI, I never knew analog could sound this good! I played Prey with OpenAL, and OMG that sounded so GREAT! It actually had surround sound and moved when I turned around or what not. My Xplosion didn't do a very good job at that at all as it's only EAX2. I had my speakers on 2 notches and it sounded louder than my XPlosion on 3 or 4 notches! I have only listened to one thing of music with the Crystalizer, and it definitely sounds a whole LOT better than without itl it's really surprising at how I listened to mp3's without it! So after one day with the card, I am totally impressed with it, and I can't wait to use it when Vista comes (where's my damn 8800 driver!!!), but I give my card a good 9.3 out of 10. $134 at ZipZoomFly ($125 at NewEgg, but shipping is more). The only gripe I have with the card is, that my microphone headset has two plugs, one for the Mic, and one for the headphones; well on the XFI, there's only 4 ports on it, 3 for the analog connectors, and 1 for digital out, Mic, Line In. So I need my Mic headset to work as I'd rather not have the audio come out my main speakers. I might have to buy that stupid breakout box just to fix that (unless someone else has found a way around it).

nekrosoft13
12-20-06, 08:48 AM
good to hear you like it, i was thinking about getting one myself

first i was waiting for x-plosion, but i got really disapointed with the launch of x-plosion, and they have the worst driver support from any sound card company.