PDA

View Full Version : Company of heroes SLI

Muppet
12-08-06, 01:16 AM
I have a problem, i can run COH fine when SLI is disabled, but as soon as i enable it my PC hard locks. The only way to get back to windows is to reboot.
I have tried both the 79.02's and the 79.28's without luck. The earlier 96.89's cause flashing textures in all my 3d apps. I have formated and reinstalled XP, but it doesn't make a difference.
I also have the latest bios for the Motherboard.
It sounds like a driver issue, but i just wanted to see if anyone else has this problem.

Dazz
12-08-06, 03:57 AM
Have you tried the 1.30 patch? COH is THE not to show off SLi i has had problems with SLi since i had been using it in the beta although it is improving it is slowly being done.

Muppet
12-08-06, 04:50 AM
Have you tried the 1.30 patch? COH is THE not to show off SLi i has had problems with SLi since i had been using it in the beta although it is improving it is slowly being done.
I shall give that a try thanks.

Greasy
12-08-06, 05:55 AM
1.4 is out.

Muppet
12-10-06, 04:23 AM
Well i tried the 1.3 and 1.4 patch as well as the latest 8 series drivers. Still the same unfortunately :thumbdwn: . Does anyone else with SLI 8 series cards have this game.

Dazz
12-10-06, 06:44 AM
Very starnge, anyother problems in other games just looking at your PSU thats all. PSU problems are hard to fine more so when you are just reaching the limit. People will say well it's stable benchmark prime overclock CPU etc. NOw COH is demanding in some case i can reach 97% load on both cores then you have the video cards underload also. While prime only tests the CPU.
Try backing the clock down on you CPU to say 3GHz and see it it runs fine same games are sensitive to massive overclocks.

HeavyH20
12-10-06, 09:25 AM
I run this game all the time with 8800 GTX SLI. The flashing textures go away with AA enabled, even with the older drivers. But, I have not seen any other issues. 1.3 patch used, 97.02 drivers. Just installed the 97.44 version but will have to try the game.

EDIT: 97.44 seems to work just as well as the 97.02. Can't verify any lock-ups wihtout playing for a couple of hours, but it looks good and I did not experience that on any other driver, anyway.

Muppet
12-11-06, 12:56 AM
I run this game all the time with 8800 GTX SLI. The flashing textures go away with AA enabled, even with the older drivers. But, I have not seen any other issues. 1.3 patch used, 97.02 drivers. Just installed the 97.44 version but will have to try the game.

EDIT: 97.44 seems to work just as well as the 97.02. Can't verify any lock-ups wihtout playing for a couple of hours, but it looks good and I did not experience that on any other driver, anyway.
Well that's interesting, i've also tried those drivers and patches, all to no avail. That's even on a fresh XP install with no other software. Maybe i have a hardware problem. Mine hardlocks the PC after about 10 to 20 seconds of game play. Only way to fix it is to reboot.

Muppet
12-11-06, 02:40 AM
Well i downclocked my Ram to 800mhz and now it's running fine. I had a look on the COH forums and it looks like a game problem. A few people there down clocked there memory to and it fixed it.

nekrosoft13
12-11-06, 08:37 AM
Well i downclocked my Ram to 800mhz and now it's running fine. I had a look on the COH forums and it looks like a game problem. A few people there down clocked there memory to and it fixed it.

that because your system is not stable, and COH revealed that problem

Muppet
12-12-06, 01:13 AM
that because your system is not stable, and COH revealed that problem
Yes but the difference is when i dissable SLI i can run my Memory at it's factory speed which is 1066 and it's extremely stable. It's only when running SLI i get the hard locks.

Dazz
12-12-06, 07:12 AM
Try lowering your Hyper Transport clocks. As SLi is run over the 2 two chips one of them is failing at the clock. As such locks your PC.