PDA

View Full Version : Post here if you have your GeForce FX!


Pages : [1] 2

emailthatguy
03-03-03, 12:43 PM
Since some people have said they should be getting them today and tomorrow i thought it would be a good idea to start a thread as a notification for those that have been curious as to when they were starting to show up in peoples hands.

Please keep this thread on topic

Moderators:

please sticky this and delete any off topic posts.

thanks,

-Me

nrdstrm
03-03-03, 10:15 PM
Got mine! (Not shipped to me though.) It is a EVGA. I will post 3DMARK2K3 score soon.

P4 2.4
768MB DDR2100
Geforce FX 5800 Ultra
Turtle Beach Santa Cruze Sound Card (gotta upgrade)
Logitch Z560 Speakers

DSC
03-03-03, 10:22 PM
Can the FX owners do a few things?

1) Mention the Detonator version that comes with the driver cd of your FX card

2) Try the 43.00 Detonators(latest known)

3) Comment on the 2d quality

4) Do tests on other stuff like TV-Out, DVD playback

Thanks.

eman
03-06-03, 03:41 PM
Hi guys, i just got back in town and to my surprise i actually recieved an email from bestbuy w/ my tracking number for my fx ultra. should be here soon......as i have mentioned before i will be more than happy to share all info that i have including a head to head test of the fx ultra vs. the 9700pro on my system. The curiosity has been killing me for months. I will be selling one of these cards once i have put these cards through the ringer, so rest assured tthat any info i submit will be completly unbiased. I'm in it for the love of the game, heh!:afro:

5150 Joker
03-06-03, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by eman
Hi guys, i just got back in town and to my surprise i actually recieved an email from bestbuy w/ my tracking number for my fx ultra. should be here soon......as i have mentioned before i will be more than happy to share all info that i have including a head to head test of the fx ultra vs. the 9700pro on my system. The curiosity has been killing me for months. I will be selling one of these cards once i have put these cards through the ringer, so rest assured tthat any info i submit will be completly unbiased. I'm in it for the love of the game, heh!:afro:


Make sure you take a picture of both cards side by side as proof to people that you actually own the them and aren't pulling numbers out of your ass.

emailthatguy
03-06-03, 04:21 PM
what kind of shpping did you get? whats the ship status? my card is supposed to show up at best buy here locally for me to pickup but they are useless as usual. ill give em another call so maybe we can have some retail info today.

CurtMan
03-06-03, 05:15 PM
They already ran out! Mine is on backorder and I ordered the first day the presale was available. What BS!

emailthatguy
03-06-03, 05:18 PM
how did you find out its on backorder already? i cant get any info outta best buy. its like pulling teeth. you pre order in the store or on the website? anyone here pre order at the store? and if so, how are you getting info about it?

eman
03-06-03, 05:20 PM
ok, no problem w/ the pictures....good thinking joker. my shipping was free next day, my order status was completed, and i was given a tracking # although as of yet it i have not been able to track it. bestbuy showed it as being shipped out today. I'll checkout ups web site after dinner...hopefully everything will be cool by then.

hey curtman did you order through compusa or bestbuy?


Ok, ive tracked it! it should be here tomorrow. If there are any specific tests/benches that u guys would like me to check out then let me know and i will try my best to get it out there. :afro:

eman
03-06-03, 07:42 PM
Getting up to date info on the bestbuy web site has been particularly easy, athough i wouldnt bother trying to email them as all you get is an automated response followed by a vague email saying somthing to the effect that it will be shipped by the release date. Just check up on your order status regularly. They seem to update info pretty fast.:afro:

emailthatguy
03-06-03, 07:43 PM
i ordered from the store so all i got is a reciept for 100 dollar pre order. didnt have an order number persay or anything like that.

5150 Joker
03-06-03, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by eman
ok, no problem w/ the pictures....good thinking joker. my shipping was free next day, my order status was completed, and i was given a tracking # although as of yet it i have not been able to track it. bestbuy showed it as being shipped out today. I'll checkout ups web site after dinner...hopefully everything will be cool by then.

hey curtman did you order through compusa or bestbuy?


Ok, ive tracked it! it should be here tomorrow. If there are any specific tests/benches that u guys would like me to check out then let me know and i will try my best to get it out there. :afro:

Ok before you do any testing, I'd like to know your hardware specs as well as what type of monitor you have. The reason for the latter is because I'd like you to do an IQ comparison in 2D as well as in 3D with AA/AF and see how you feel about the differences between the cards. If you have a crappy monitor, chances are you won't notice much difference but if it's something good then the difference should be apparent--I'm betting in ATi's favor.

eman
03-06-03, 09:00 PM
No problem joker. although a majority of my pc is built from components released within the last year, my monitor came with a alienware system i bought in 2000. Its a viewsonic E790B 19". The rest of my rig is as follows:

p4 2.5 @ 2.81, fsb@148,(solid o/c, although for the sake of testing i will be running at stock speeds)
p4t533-c asus mobo
512mb 1066mhz samsung rdram
120gb western digital hd
currently running a ati 9700pro w/ cat.3.1 drivers
TDK 48x velocd burner
pioneer dvd-rom 115
350watt psu -(upgrading to 450 dual fan psu)
coolermaster case-4 fans (2 intake fans in front, 1exhaust in rear, and 1 exhaust at the top)
audigy soundcard
5.1(thx certified) klipsch speakers
windows xp pro. SP1
3dmark2k1 se pro- http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6036700
pcmark 2002-http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm=1134098
3dmark03 pro-http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=13390

CurtMan
03-06-03, 10:32 PM
I ordered from Best Buy online. I got the info from the website. Sorry took me long to post a reply. I've been napping due to being sick (a little BF 1942 also).

I've called their customer service for online buys and no one ever seems to know what's going on. :rolleyes:

Oh well! I'm going home for spring break so now I need to bring my computer home to make sure the card runs ok. :argh:

Tell me how the FX Ultra runs. I had high hopes, but it looks like the 9800 Pro runs faster, cooler, and costs the same price....I still want to test the FX Ultra though.

I'm just in a bad mood because I'm sick. I just want a new graphics card!

eman
03-07-03, 10:03 AM
11am, waiting for the brown truck to arrive........:afro:

emailthatguy
03-07-03, 10:07 AM
soon as it gets to be 10 am here im calling best buy and finding out whats going on w/ mine. where are you located btw? im gonna use you as an example to put pressure on this manager so i can get mine.

eman
03-07-03, 02:27 PM
ok its here!.. im in s.c btw, email. Its 3:26pm here, ups guy made me sweat it out, lol......i'll be back w/ pics in a few minutes!:afro2:

Alright im new at posting in this forum, so could someone tell me how to add pics to this post?

surfhurleydude
03-07-03, 02:43 PM
type this:

(IMG)URL OF PICS HERE(/IMG)

Use [ and ] instead of ( and ).

5150 Joker
03-07-03, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by eman
ok its here!.. im in s.c btw, email. Its 3:26pm here, ups guy made me sweat it out, lol......i'll be back w/ pics in a few minutes!:afro2:

Alright im new at posting in this forum, so could someone tell me how to add pics to this post?

You can use this website to host pictures: http://www.topcities.com/

eman
03-07-03, 02:54 PM
...still working on the pics but ive got a problem(maybe). There is a tiny piece broken off the board. it looks like a really small version of what braces for your teeth look like...you know, the thing that is glued to each tooth..........should i be freaking out? I am anyways....

5150 Joker
03-07-03, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by eman
...still working on the pics but ive got a problem(maybe). There is a tiny piece broken off the board. it looks like a really small version of what braces for your teeth look like...you know, the thing that is glued to each tooth..........should i be freaking out? I am anyways....

I dunno, the nv30 is a pretty toothless card (har har). Well plug it in and see if it works is the best advice I could give ya. While you're at it, take some pictures of it.

eman
03-07-03, 03:21 PM
ok here goes nothing......http://eman75.topcities.com/http://eman75.topcities.com/IM000133.jpg :afro:

emailthatguy
03-07-03, 03:23 PM
your link should be something like

http://eman75.topcities.com/image.jpg

not just http://eman75.topcities.com/ like you posted there =)

once youve uploaded the files you need to put the name of the file (image1.jpg was the example here) at the end of the address.

emailthatguy
03-07-03, 03:35 PM
try this link hehe.

http://eman75.topcities.com/IM000134.jpg

theres his card =p looks like hes got images up to im000136.jpg

now i just wish my best buy had a clue and could tell me wtf is going on w/ mine. im so green w/ envy. pop that bad boy in now and fire it up. and aside from benches and stuff, just tell me how you like it k? how some games feel w/ it.

surfhurleydude
03-07-03, 03:37 PM
bleh, topcities is ****...just like geocities.

use pages.sprint.ca you can actual link to those and not have to put it directly in the URL box