PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six Vegas and GF8800GTS

huginn
12-09-06, 11:04 AM
Support Rainbows Six Vegas the new generations of graphiccards 8800GTS and 8800GTX ??????

Insanity123
12-09-06, 11:48 AM
It's ubisoft, anything can happen ;)

fatal1ty
12-09-06, 11:48 AM
WHAT?

RS Vegas isnt yet out - but Im sure 8800 will smoke it.

Insanity123
12-09-06, 11:50 AM
Unless they use the same method to get the 360 native code to PC like they used with double agent (copy, change some parameters, skip Q&A; ship; ignore complaints)

Dazz
12-09-06, 12:11 PM
lol fact is every card plays the game fine but the 8800 range of cards, So clearly it's not Ubi softs fualt. The game runs fine on nVidia 6x00 & 7x00 range cards. nVidia gone the unified way and this is what we got, broken hardware where nothing is what it should be.

OWA
12-09-06, 12:15 PM
lol fact is every card plays the game fine but the 8800 range of cards, So clearly it's not Ubi softs fualt. The game runs fine on nVidia 6x00 & 7x00 range cards. nVidia gone the unified way and this is what we got, broken hardware where nothing is what it should be.
They need to account for new features in the 8800s like being able to use HDR+AA, for example. It shouldn't toggle off HDR when AA is enabled and vice-versa and we shouldn't have to try to force it.

The statement in bold is just ridiculous. It runs a lot of games really well and has better IQ. Of course, it looks like they need more time to perfect the drivers but saying we have broken hardware where nothing is what is should be is...well, stupid.

jAkUp
12-09-06, 12:19 PM
Well remember its UE3, so hopefully it adapts well to PC.

Dazz
12-09-06, 12:31 PM
Other companies get ripped apart when they do the same either way the consumers are the beta testers. There are plenty of games that work lucky for me the games i play don't really suffer from the issues however theres alot thats not working the way it should. Apart from Splinter Cell and Halo all my games are fine. But Halo has been round for a long time now and shouldn't have any problems at all. But it does so it is neglect on nvidias part, you can't blame it onto the software develpers. As for adding new features once a game gets so far if parts of the engine change then it can cause alot more problems. They maybe able to patch it. However the game was in delelopment and they may not of been able to impliment it yet. But hey Oblivion does not allow changes to FSAA + HDR ingame, nor does Age of Empires either. The FSAA + HDR in splinter cell works for ATi cards however
at the time of development nVidia cards could not support both. And will need to add a profile into the game for the detected video card.

agentkay
12-09-06, 12:32 PM

You can send me your GTX for free, I will gladly free you from your broken hardware. :D **** Ubi and SCDA, all my other games run really nice and never looked so nice before.

Dazz
12-09-06, 12:39 PM
Don't think so i will be paying for my GTX for the next 2 years :rolleyes: i was hoping nVidia would react quicker to the "issues"

jAkUp
12-09-06, 12:40 PM
Well the 8800 is the biggest change in the architecture in quite a long time, so it is taking a little longer than usual to get the issues sorted... I will accept the issues because it runs so great in everything else :p

SH64
12-09-06, 12:48 PM
If you can run Roboblitz just fine then yes :D

Dazz
12-09-06, 12:56 PM
If you can run Roboblitz just fine then yes :D
Kinda like sepnding 600 on a simple DVD player lol, heck they have done
that with HD DVD and BD lol