PDA

View Full Version : 7600GS Artifacting in WoW

Lazien
12-09-06, 10:16 AM
Hello Everyone and thanks for the help in advance,

My problem is that the Evga e-GeForce 7600GS videocard I just bought to upgrade My Acer Aspire ED380M computer has artifacting problems like mad.
I've searched all the forums I could think of for the last 2 days and couldn't find a fix that helped Me.

As suggested on other forums I disabled the "write combine" under the troubleshooting tab in display settings - advanced but that didn't help.

I got a new Antec True power 480W psu in an effort to see if it was a psu problem and again to no effect.

I used Rivatuner to under clock the card and over clock the card to see if that would help. I also underclocked the card and put a fan on it (it's passively cooled) to see if it was a heating issue.

I upgraded and down graded my driver versions to all the ones I could find except the 91.43 I found on this forum...I will try these asap after this post.

I have been hearing on other forums that the 7600GS is basically a terrible card for artifacting problems but then the other half say it's an amazing card for the price so I'm torn on what to do.
If anyone can give me some idea's I'd be very very appreciative because as it stands now I'm going to return the card come monday.

Thanks a million for Reading this post and for your help,

Lazien

Edit - I just wanted to state for the record that I uninstalled all the driver versions before installing new ones

john19055
12-09-06, 10:41 AM
Is it a AGP card or a PCIE card and have you run other games with it and benchmarks to see if they run without artifacting ,if other games do it ,it could be a bad card.

Lazien
12-09-06, 03:34 PM
it is a PCI-E card and I have yet to try other games as I just got the pc 2 days ago.

the 91.43 drivers did nothing to help and WoW support is useless as usual.

Gonna install FEAR and see what it does.

Spartan 117
12-09-06, 05:29 PM
try the 93.71 drivers and see what happens

Lazien
12-10-06, 07:51 PM
The 93.71 drivers did nothing. Although I did put in a 7800GTX and it also did the same thing, tons of artifacts and texture tearing...I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it still does it.

I'm guessing it's a problem with the hardware somehow since 2 different cards have the exact same problem.

Again I have a 480W Antec true power psu which I tested and it's good so I do not believe it's a power issue.

Right now I'm at a loss for what to do next...any suggestions at all would be great.

superbooga
12-11-06, 02:06 PM
Try the card in another computer. If you don't have another computer that can accept the card, get a friend or coworker to test the card.