PDA

View Full Version : D101 with Geforce 7300gt query...

emaan
12-11-06, 04:19 AM
I have an intel d101 motherboard, n it supports DDR memory...n has pci express slot. I have the normal 180 watts power supply unit. I was wondering if i could use a Geforce 7300gt pci express card with my system cuz i have checked it on the net n found the card to be in DDR2 n DDR3 memory types?Moreover, is the 180 watt power supply any good with this card?

What upgrades i might need?

or

is my system all set to support this card with those memory types i.e DDR2 or DDR3?

Inf1n1tyComplex
12-11-06, 04:58 AM
It doesn't matter if the ddr memory supported by the motherboard or video card is different, the cpu isnít accessing the memory neither is the motherboard its the gpu that access's it... from my knowledge their is not a ddr3 compatible board out their so if everyone is running a 8800 gtx or 7300gt on their motherboards just fine then you can rest assured yours will work... As for the power supply their is a power usage calculator http://www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine put in your components and then click calculate... I would do it for you but their is no point seeing as i donít know what components you have...

emaan
12-11-06, 05:08 AM
It doesn't matter if the ddr memory supported by the motherboard or video card is different, the cpu isnít accessing the memory neither is the motherboard its the gpu that access's it... from my knowledge their is not a ddr3 compatible board out their so if everyone is running a 8800 gtx or 7300gt on their motherboards just fine then you can rest assured yours will work... As for the power supply their is a power usage calculator http://www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine put in your components and then click calculate... I would do it for you but their is no point seeing as i donít know what components you have...

Thanx, dude...i was thinking on the same lines...that how can people out there use DDR3 cards cuz there was no motherboard in my knowledge having DDR3 capability.

Ok...here's my system specifications...can u calculate the powersupply needed please?

Intel duo 2.66 dual processor
Intel D101 Motherboard
256Mb + 512Mb ram (DDR)
80Gb Harddisk
Geforce 7300gt 256mb(128bit)(hopefully)
No extraspecial soundcard - just the built-in one

emaan
12-11-06, 05:32 AM
ok, i got it...it requires around 250 watts...

So, i think a bulk 300 watts power supply will cut it.

Inf1n1tyComplex
12-11-06, 05:38 AM
Thanx, dude...i was thinking on the same lines...that how can people out there use DDR3 cards cuz there was no motherboard in my knowledge having DDR3 capability.

Ok...here's my system specifications...can u calculate the powersupply needed please?

Intel duo 2.66 dual processor
Intel D101 Motherboard
256Mb + 512Mb ram (DDR)
80Gb Harddisk
Geforce 7300gt 256mb(128bit)(hopefully)
No extraspecial soundcard - just the built-in one
Requirement at 100% cpu utilization is at 230w+... Now most good power supplys have an efficiency of 80%+ So basically you will need a 300w power supply to run this at 80% efficiency 300w will give you 240w giving you 10w left over not enough to run an extra hard drive... If you have more then 1 hard drive and want to use usb(yes usb uses voltage as well... meh 3w woop de do...) then you will need more then a 300w... 300w is if you run the computer with 1 hard drive and hardly use any usb devices . So if it was me i would probably get a 350w or a 400w to be on the same side 400w if its a cheap power supply or 350w if its from a good company...

Inf1n1tyComplex
12-11-06, 05:45 AM
ok, i got it...it requires around 250 watts...

So, i think a bulk 300 watts power supply will cut it.
Err quick answer incase you don't want to read the above... It depends on the efficiency rating of the psu most are at 80% so you will need a higher then 300W especially if you want more room to add hard drives and use a lot of usb device at 3w per usb device... If you got 250w since you had your exact computer configuration then i would recommend a 380w- 400w power supply this way if you want to overclock or add other things such as more hard drives and maybe a sound card or multiple usb devices then you got enough room to breath...

a12ctic
12-11-06, 08:28 AM
by a ~500 watt antec for 100$. The power suply is the last thing you want to cheap out on.