PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion - Money

Capt. Picard
12-11-06, 05:12 AM
What's the quickest way of making money in oblivion. So far as I know it is the Arena games where you can fight against monsters on a weekly basis. You defeat the monsters and then just wait 24 x 7 to fight again.

I just bought the most expensive house in Skingrad for 25,000 gold. But I still need another 36,000 gold to furnish it. :(

I already have furnished houses in Anvil, Chorrol, and Cheydinhal.

I heard about a possible bug where you complete a mission for someone and the guy keeps on paying you every time you go back to him. I forgot though what mission it was.

a12ctic
12-11-06, 08:31 AM
Well, if youd like to use exploids why not just type in the code? Just play the game how its supozed to be played :p

Destroy
12-11-06, 09:24 AM
Best way I found it to raid caves/ruins then sell the stuff you find. Also some quests pay you in high $$ items or money.

Tygerwoody
12-11-06, 10:34 AM
A good way to make money is simply add a mod to allow you to hold a little bit more weight. The weight restrictions they put on you in oblivion are absolutely rediculous. Don't go overboard, but I see no problem with doubling or trippling the amount of weight you can carry. Once you do that you will have a good amount more to sell without feeling like you are cheating, thus increasing money.

ynnek
12-11-06, 12:13 PM
steal, kill, loot, and pickpocket everywhere you go! And get good at bartering. One of the more amusing aspects of the game I thought, since you can practically take everything around you that wasn't bolted down. You go and talk to someone, and right under thier nose, you stealth steal and totally clear out their place.. occasionally dropping some of the less valuable stuff to make room.. That thieves den room.. Man, I cluttered that whole room with just random magical stuff I found that I didn't want to exactly sell, in case I needed it. You'd walk around and you'd be kicking and making a huge racket.

de><ta
12-11-06, 12:28 PM
Alchemy is a great way to get cash early on in the game. You can steal food and turn it into something you sell for a much higher price.

Later on in the game what I do is usually just go around collecting glass armor, since it is light and close to the maximum amount of funds people barter for. Also I get a spell to raise my mercantile skill temporarily and then invest money in a shop.

hirantha
12-11-06, 12:59 PM
Just keep exploring all the caves, dungeons, ruines and all that.. i have about 200K that way right now :D more than enough

and get your merchant skill up, so they will pay you more for the items..

spoop
12-11-06, 03:51 PM
Alchemy by far. Just buy all the ingredients you can find (that aren't too expensive) and make potions, then sell it back to the Mage's Guild because they will give you the best prices.

Capt. Picard
12-12-06, 07:56 AM
Alchemy is a great way to get cash early on in the game. You can steal food and turn it into something you sell for a much higher price.

Later on in the game what I do is usually just go around collecting glass armor, since it is light and close to the maximum amount of funds people barter for. Also I get a spell to raise my mercantile skill temporarily and then invest money in a shop.

How do you invest money in a shop?

bcrt2000
12-12-06, 08:19 PM
What's the quickest way of making money in oblivion. So far as I know it is the Arena games where you can fight against monsters on a weekly basis. You defeat the monsters and then just wait 24 x 7 to fight again.

I just bought the most expensive house in Skingrad for 25,000 gold. But I still need another 36,000 gold to furnish it. :(

I already have furnished houses in Anvil, Chorrol, and Cheydinhal.

I heard about a possible bug where you complete a mission for someone and the guy keeps on paying you every time you go back to him. I forgot though what mission it was.
I'm pretty sure the latest patch for Oblivion removes money exploits.

Anyways, I only completed the main quest so I actually didn't have that much money when I finished the game. I barely could afford any of the cool things (like training certain skills).

slick
12-12-06, 08:37 PM
This is what you do.

Go find something like, oh say, a pewter mug.

Press the "~" key, click on the mug, and type "SetItemValue 10000"

Pick the mug up.

Get a quiver with a lot of arrows.

Nock an arrow.

While the arrow is nocked, press tab.

Click on whatever quiver you have equipped already.

Drop the pewter mug.

EDIT: Move cursor to very top right corner of screen.

Press tab again.

Pick up mugs.

Sell mugs.

Makes lots of money.

EDIT: Note: Item cannot be stolen.

Becoming
12-12-06, 09:01 PM
Or you could just be honest about it, not waste your time, and just use the console and give yourself gold.

I mean if you're using a weird exploit to get assloads of cash, you may as well save some time and just get it over with.