PDA

View Full Version : Help, winXP won't boot

tillman89
12-11-06, 10:27 AM
Yesterday I oc'ed (through Coolbits 2.0) my palit gf 6600 256mb pci-e to 340MHz core/680Mb memory. Of course did I all the tests in 3dmark03 and 3dmark05 and I got into no problems. But today when I tried to start my comp I got bluescreened :S It was returning error "Stop: 0x0000007e". After some googling I saw that this is a common error when overclocking and it may be appearing due to a weak psu. I only have a 350w psu (450w peak) so it may be that.

I am able to boot into safe mode.

What should I do? I don't know how to reset the gpu overclock through safe mode. Downclocking my cpu didn't help. Please help me!

Thanks in advance
tillman

I'm running Windows XP Pro Sp2. Mobo is a Abit AN8-V.

rewt
12-11-06, 12:14 PM
You can uninstall the drivers in safe mode using Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > NVIDIA Drivers > Display.

Now the next time you install the nvidia drivers it will be using the default speeds again.

J-Mag
12-11-06, 12:37 PM
So wait there is no 2d mode with 6600's? I wouldn't think a 3d mode overclock would effect windows at all, unless the card got fried...

tillman89
12-11-06, 03:14 PM
Okay thanks rewt. I'll try that :)

@ J-Mag. The memory oc is present in both 2d and 3d modes. Changing the memory freq in 3d mode makes it change in 2d mode too :S And when changing the freq back in 2d mode it changes back in 3d mode too :S

Any idea of that part? I'm using coolbits 2.0 downloaded from http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=815.

Thanks in advance
tillman

J-Mag
12-11-06, 03:21 PM
@ J-Mag. The memory oc is present in both 2d and 3d modes. Changing the memory freq in 3d mode makes it change in 2d mode too :S And when changing the freq back in 2d mode it changes back in 3d mode too :S

Oh yeah, my bad...

tillman89
12-11-06, 04:13 PM
I went into safe mode and re-installed my nforce drivers and now it works perfectly =)

But it's sad that it seems like my psu doesn't have enough juice for this system though :/ Because that is the only way to interpret this situation, huh?

Anyone that knows how to overclock the memory without having it oc'ed in 2d mode? Because when running high demanding stress test the system worked just fine so the only problem is the boot sequence I think.

Thanks rewt =)