PDA

View Full Version : LCD/Analog monitor setup gaming

Phillychuck
12-11-06, 04:16 PM
Not sure what to search for to figure out best way to accomplish this, I just grabbed a 17" monitor to use for games because the LCD running at 1280x1024 is too high res for my system to perform well.

I have an Nvidia 6800, both monitors working in dual view mode but games of course want to open on the primary monitor which is the LCD. There a way to force games over to the second monitor without using something like Clone mode?

edit: I'm reading stuff on the web about dragging the game window over, but BF2142 is full screen wouldn't know how to drag that.

Thanks a ton.
Chuck

Bman212121
12-11-06, 11:08 PM
you just need to check a box in the CP. I haven't a clue how to do it on the new one, but you basically want to set the other monitor as the primary, it's the only way that I know of to make full screen games run on another monitor. It should be somewhere around display, change display configuration in the new CP.

The old one you just open it up and I think it was the second option, where you set the display for single, clone, span, or dual view. Set them as dualview, and make the other monitor the primary. You can still easily move your icons and what not to the first monitor, but full screen apps won't launch on anything but the primary. Windowed apps will launch on whatever screen they were closed on. (usually :))

Phillychuck
12-12-06, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the tip, I've been running it Single display (since the CRT isn't that great looking anyway), made a hotkey to toggle between them and just run the game over on the 17". Thanks for the reply ! :-)