PDA

View Full Version : So I Wake Up.....

Pages : [1] 2

Marvel_us
12-12-06, 09:42 AM
So my dad wakes me up at like 8am. Being a zombie that early, I make it to his room and he's on the phone with my mother. She says to come to target because I had to buy my sister a gift, sigh it's too early for this.......but I go.

Get to target and I see her back turned to me in the electronics section but I think nothing of it. She turns around and says Merry Christmas....a 60gb PS3 in her cart. Apparently she got the last one and it was already paid for with Resistance....how the hell does my mom know which game to get, lol. She wasn't even going there to buy me a PS3, nor have I asked her to buy one. This is very nice of her though. Of course I thanked, hugged, and kissed her all that stuff. So I guess I have a PS3 now....weird.:o

Of course I'm not gonna sell it because she made herself late to work just to get me one. I'd feel bad for not keeping it.

Anyway on to some pics I took. I have to run to Best Buy to get component cables(Thanks Sony:rolleyes: ), Target was out.

Gotta make a spot for it but here is where it'll be staying.
http://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/P1010053-20061212083710.jpg (http://s2.supload.com/free/P1010053-20061212083710.jpg/view/)
http://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/P1010054-20061212083710.jpg (http://s2.supload.com/free/P1010054-20061212083710.jpg/view/)
http://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/P1010055-20061212083828.jpg (http://s2.supload.com/free/P1010055-20061212083828.jpg/view/)

crainger
12-12-06, 09:48 AM
Nice Early Christmas!

Wait it is early isn't it? I didn't miss it again did I?

Imbroglio
12-12-06, 09:55 AM
let us know how you like *cough* erhm, Resistance

Stoneyguy
12-12-06, 10:00 AM
You'll pay way to much for the cables at Best Buy. If you have to have cables now, get it from Wal-Mart or Target.

Marvel_us
12-12-06, 10:05 AM
You'll pay way to much for the cables at Best Buy. If you have to have cables now, get it from Wal-Mart or Target.

Target was out but I will try Walmart. I can't find the component cables on their site, how much are they? Will the PS2 ones work just as good

PS. About the BB, I have like 40 bucks of reward dollars so unless it's < 30 else where it's not a problem.

let us know how you like *cough* erhm, Resistance

Haha, Will do. Hopefully I like it because my options are slim.....lol I haven't even turned it on yet because I don't wanna use crappy composite cables.

Lyme
12-12-06, 10:29 AM
I know how she knew resistance was the game.. even ask any 360 fanboy and they know. Grats on your christmas present, hope you like it.

six_storm
12-12-06, 11:09 AM
Congrats on the early Christmas gift! I love early Christmas gifts . . .

LiquidX
12-12-06, 11:16 AM
Congrats and enjoy that you got such a great gift. Its getting alot of bashing of late but its a great system that will show its worth with time.

Mr. Hunt
12-12-06, 11:35 AM
Yeah... awesome... download Motorstorm demo NAOW! lol

Bad_Boy
12-12-06, 11:39 AM
Congrats man.

+1 for motorstorm demo. Get it now. :D
and uh ...monoprice.com for cables if you still need them. great prices for some quality stuff.

Marvel_us
12-12-06, 11:53 AM
Thanks guys!

I got the PS2 component cables and they work fine with it. I just browsed the xmb a little but my dad wanted to watch Talladega Nights so we're watching that now.

A couple questions for you guys...

Anyone setup their PS3's wireless lan? I'm gonna set that up next so if you guys have any tips let me know.

Also, Talladega Nights is running in 1080i on my TV. I thought it would do 720p since that's what the PS3 was set at? Would 720p look better or am I fine with 1080i?(my TV supports 720p as well btw)

Riplayne
12-12-06, 12:09 PM
You should keep it, there not going for much on ebay right now, or if you sell it get a 360 instead

S.I.N
12-12-06, 12:17 PM
Crap, everyone and there mother have a PS3 but me but I feel better that your keeping it. Enjoy!! And I bet nearly everyone that clicked this thread thought that you woke up to a dead 360.(lee63)

Marvel_us
12-12-06, 12:26 PM
Checking back in.....

Movie is still running and it's been on for around an hour. There is quite a bit of heat coming from the PS3's vents. It's warm when I touch it but nothing too hot. I must say it's extremely quite. You can't hear anything unless you go up to the console and even then noise is minimal.

Badboy_12345
12-12-06, 01:50 PM
you have the best mom in the world :o
my parents would never buy anything that expensive...
AT MOST 200$ :(

Marvel_us
12-12-06, 02:03 PM
you have the best mom in the world :o
my parents would never buy anything that expensive...
AT MOST 200$ :(

Thanks.

I never asked her for a PS3 either because it was so expensive. I don't ask them for much so I guess that helps.:p

MustangSVT
12-12-06, 02:39 PM
You knew it was coming.. :o

Why didn't your mom get the Xbox 360 instead? Sorry but I can't help but say that the PS3 is by far the biggest waste of money at the moment. $600 for one game that's just your average "good" game? Ehh.. :skeleton2

Marvel_us
12-12-06, 02:47 PM
Ummm what the hell?

I was playing Resistance and the thing just shut off......That happened earlier while I was downloading the Motorstorm demo. Has anyone else experienced this?

|MaguS|
12-12-06, 02:51 PM
You knew it was coming.. :o

Why didn't your mom get the Xbox 360 instead? Sorry but I can't help but say that the PS3 is by far the biggest waste of money at the moment. $600 for one game that's just your average "good" game? Ehh.. :skeleton2

yay for useless fanboy post!

He got the PS3 because he wants one... Resitance isn't just an average "good" game, its a great game... especially for a launch title. Its far better then Perfect Dark or Call of Duty 2 in my opinion.

Now go derail another thread...

Marvel, Congrats. I don't have my PS3 wirelessly hooked up yet, hell once I moved it to my living room it lost all internet access (haven't bothered taking the time for wireless access).

Go get the Motorstorm demo, its far better then the one that people have been playing at retail locations.

EDIT: I haven't had any issue with my PS3 at all, haven't heard of many reported problems either (suprising eh?).

Marvel_us
12-12-06, 02:55 PM
yay for useless fanboy post!

He got the PS3 because he wants one... Resitance isn't just an average "good" game, its a great game... especially for a launch title. Its far better then Perfect Dark or Call of Duty 2 in my opinion.

Now go derail another thread...

Marvel, Congrats. I don't have my PS3 wirelessly hooked up yet, hell once I moved it to my living room it lost all internet access (haven't bothered taking the time for wireless access).

Go get the Motorstorm demo, its far better then the one that people have been playing at retail locations.

Thanks, oh forgot to update you guys but I've got the wireless working. It was pretty simple and I did the system update.

Any ideas on my random shut off?

I've experience 2 so far. My system is fairly warm at the vents. It might be because of the outlet I had it in, there were like 3 other things plugged in so I put it on it's own outlet.

EDIT: Just read your post Magus. Like I said it might be the outlet, hopefully.

Peoples-Agent
12-12-06, 03:21 PM
Thanks, oh forgot to update you guys but I've got the wireless working. It was pretty simple and I did the system update.

I've experience 2 so far. My system is fairly warm at the vents. It might be because of the outlet I had it in, there were like 3 other things plugged in so I put it on it's own outlet.

Hope it doesn't turn out to be anything nasty there, can understand the sentimental attachment to it right now.

To be on the safe side I would get intouch with support and see what they say about it.

|MaguS|
12-12-06, 03:44 PM
My system is really warm but never shut off or shown signs of trouble.

Lyme
12-12-06, 04:28 PM

I personally doubt it is the outlet. From reports I have read the PS3 has a somewhat higher power draw than the 360 and it has the equivalent of a pretty high end nVidia video card. Now I don't know about you, but the nVidia video card in my PC when it is being used gives off quite a lot of heat, this is normal.
Anyway, the point, make sure that you have your PS3 in a well ventilated spot. If after a while using the unit you go and put your hand in whatever enclosure you have it in and it is warm, you should consider moving it somewhere else.
The PS3 has been described by Sony as a high end PC, I would keep a high end pc well ventilated too. I've known a number of pc's and even my 360 to reboot or hang when they get too hot.

Marvel_us
12-12-06, 04:35 PM
Okay so far it's been running fine, no random shutdown and I've downloaded the Motorstorm demo.

FYI, If you look at the stand under my TV in the pics, I've moved the DVD player down and placed the PS3 on the top shelp by itself. So it is in a well ventilated place.

Also, that outlet had my amp, cable box, sub and HDTV connected so that's why I changed the PS3 to a seperate outlet.

Gonna go try out motorstorm. Thanks for the responses guys.....I'll keep you updated.

evilchris
12-12-06, 05:35 PM
EDIT: I haven't had any issue with my PS3 at all, haven't heard of many reported problems either (suprising eh?).

Of *course* you haven't!